sunshine224

Nars Laguna/Orgasm duo worth the money?

I have been looking at the Nars Orgasm/Laguna duo for quite a while but I am a little nervous to purchase it due to the price.  I have fair skin that is also oily so I am worried how the products will work on me.  If anyone has tried it, is it worth the money? Thanks!!

sephoralovex

Re: Nars Laguna/Orgasm duo worth the money?

(0) Hearts

NARS Laguna bronzer is my HG for contouring. I use it everyday and have been for the past 2 years! As for the blush, it's gorgeous.  Has to be one of my favorites also. If you're still unsure about buying the full size I recommend buying the mini. I believe Sephora sells it for only $24?

lolo01

I Love both and use this duo to contour, I have Nars Albatross separate as highlighter...

DesertRose0706

I have this duo, in fact it was oe of my first Sephora purchases, and i like it but i don't love it and i wouldn't buy it again.  Here's why:

• For one thing, i didn;t end up liking the laguna bronzer very much.  I just didn't feel like it gave me natural looking glow or that it was good for cotouring.

• Even though I didn;t like Laguna, I did use it and it didn;t last me very long at all  ( i have other bronzers of similar size that have lasted me much much longer with the same amount of use).  And I now have a duo compact with the blush and no bronzer, which is a waste of space in my makeup bag.

• The size of the products in the compact is also difficult to wkr with.  It can be hard to get just the blush without getting any bronzer on your brush, and hard to get just the bronzer without blush on your brush!

I should mention that I do like the blush in Orgasm, and this product has lasted me quite a while with constant use.  I might recommend the blush on its own. 

miabt

Hi DesertRose0706,

I know what you mean about the price, but like the others have said, it lasts a LONG time!  I started using a new one right after Christmas &  I have yet to hit pan... mind you, I use it every. single. day.  The peachy pink Orgasm blush is pretty universal and looks fab on all skin tones :smileyhappy:  Personally I go a bit heavy on blush & contour, so I love the Laguna shade.  Contouring can take a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it, I think you'll love it :smileyhappy:  Also, if its a bit too dark, you can always use it sparingly & buff well, which will extend the life of your bronzer!

xo, Mia

aviscardi

I had the small travel size laguna, used it every day and it lasted me 6mons! 

MaybeMaybe

This doesn't really address your question but I just wanted to say:

a) I love both Orgasm and Laguna. I have a light skintone, combination oily, and regularly use both.... sometimes together, sometimes individually, sometimes with other shades.

b) I super dislike the compact with both in one. The sections are just too small to work with. I prefer having these separate in the full size compacts. I realize that if you have concerns about the price, telling you to spend twice as much and buy two products isn't helpful. But I just dislike face products in teeny tiny containers that are smaller than the width of a brush so much that I needed to point it out. This kind of set up makes it difficult to ensure that only one color ends up on the brush at a time.

jennypenny1995

Orgasm is a good color, always listed as a "good for all skin tones" shade in magazines like Allure.  But, I find it a tad too ruddy and sparkly for my taste.  I have combo/oily skin with some larger pores, so anything shimmery or shiny makes them stand out and look awful.

Instead, I like the finish of Tarte's cheek colors.  I use Exposed, which can also be used as a bronzer, and Dollface.  They have no shimmer and truly do last 8+ hours without oxidizing, getting splotchy, or fading.

asdsfgh

If the price is too steep, try the ELF Bronzer blush duo! Almost the exact same colors, and its only $3!

laurabt

Hi Sunshine224, I have the duo & it has lasted me a very long time, so I feel that you definitely get your money's worth.  Plus, I think those colors are beautiful on all skin tones.  If you decide to get it, I'm sure you'll love it!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

prettyinpa

I have both separately and love them both. The Orgasm is just such a blendable blush that you can get the color as light or dark as you wish. Laguna is a pretty bronzer that looks believable, even on my pale skin. I'm also oily like you and neither of them turns orange on me or oxidizes, which is a great benefit. Stop in a store if you can and swatch them out before purchase or if you have to shop online, you can always return the duo if you don't like it, Sephora is really good about returns in a timely fashion.

aviscardi

I have both separately. I am light-medium skintone, neutral to yellow undertone, and laguna is my most used bronzer. its a light golden bronze thats very buildable and fool proof. if you are afraid of it on fair skin my friend loves the too faced milk chocolate bronzer. I do like orgasm blush but its not my favorite, i think it would show up better on fairer skintones.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoralovex
    • aviscardi
    • jennypenny1995
    • miabt
    • asdsfgh