cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Name Our Shades!

Name-the-Shade.jpg

Hello from Wander Beauty! We know you've been loving our Exquisite Eye Liquid shadows and are so excited to announce we will be launching two NEW shades in the fall. Even better, YOU chose the shades! Our liquid shadow is fuss free, lustrous and perfect for women on the go. They will last throughout your busy day without creasing or fading! Take a look here: http://www.sephora.com/exquisite-eye-liquid-shadow-P407379?keyword=WANDER%20BEAUTY%20Exquisite%20Eye...

We love your feedback! Help us name Shade 1 and 2 for a chance to receive our Exquisite Eye Liquid Shadows before they launch!

xoxo,

Team Wander

Re: Name Our Shades!

Hi everyone! Thanks for your suggestions, what do you think about Sandstorm for Shade 1 and Stardust for Shade 2? 

Stardust is nice for shade 2.  Sanstorm, not so much, it sounds like it doesn't go with such a lovely rose/gold pink shade.

I agree with what others are saying about Sandstorm, it just doesn't seem like the right shade. Stardust would be good for Shade 2, but to me "Stardust" is more of a silver or gray for some reason... I don't think I really remember either of those names being suggested though.

Anonymous Insider

Both are lovely name, but Stardust is random. I can't guess what the shade would be like just by the name, unlike other names that are quite literal. Sandstorm sounds more orangey and tan to me. 

Sandstorm seems more beige or tan (unless on a pink sands beach.) I think you need something more rose for #1

Stardust is pretty for #2

I wasn't sure if you wanted more exact, no frills names to go with the others shown or if more fanciful, dreamy names were more desirable.

I love Sandstorm for shade 1 but dont think stardust works for shade 2

I like those names but not necessarily for those corresponding colors. Neither of them look like Sandstorm. Stardust works for shade 2 although I'd expect that to be a silvery blue shade.

Anonymous Insider

Maybe Glowing/Glistering Sand instead for shade 1. But I like Stardust for shade 2.

Or Stardust for shade 1 and Moondust for shade 2.

@Mystique - I love the name  Moondust, I think that's a beautiful name. I would picture something more opalescent - since the moon often shines white-ish it makes me think of that Opal shade.

That makes me wonder - how many shadows etc. are made and then need names and how many names come up first and then a color needs to be formulated to match the names. Interesting, ya' think?

I don't care for Sandstorm, but Stardust is lovely for the lavender/violet shade.

I love both Sandstorm and Stardust!

No to sandstorm, yes to stardust

I don't want anything called "Sandstorm" near my eye...I think Stardust is nice though!

Old Sandy Eyes - sounds as sexy as Fresh Pink Eye. That was funny @jeyrosella. 😁

Hah! This legitimately made me laugh... 

What do you think about Pink Eye for Shade 1 and Purple Plague for Shade 2?

@Anonymous - Get outta' my head please! I wrote 'pink eye' just before scrolling down a speck to see your pink eye. Brilliant minds, I suppose.

No doubt @kssweetheart! When I came to post that, I had originally planned to elaborate on @jeyrosella's comment about not wanting a Sandstorm near her eye with something like:

1. Pepper Spray

2. Misty Mace

Some of these "I would not want anything named THAT near my eye" shade names seem ripe for a hazard-themed UD palette a la Zoolander Derelict. 😄

Pink eye gets my vote!  

I like stardust for shade 2. Not sure I like Sandstorm for shade 1 though.

I think those work. I agree with @MK89 that shade two can also work as pixiedust

I like those names! I like Pixiedust for shade 2 as well!

Photos1
  • Name-the-Shade.jpg
testing