cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Name Our Shades!

Name-the-Shade.jpg

Hello from Wander Beauty! We know you've been loving our Exquisite Eye Liquid shadows and are so excited to announce we will be launching two NEW shades in the fall. Even better, YOU chose the shades! Our liquid shadow is fuss free, lustrous and perfect for women on the go. They will last throughout your busy day without creasing or fading! Take a look here: http://www.sephora.com/exquisite-eye-liquid-shadow-P407379?keyword=WANDER%20BEAUTY%20Exquisite%20Eye...

We love your feedback! Help us name Shade 1 and 2 for a chance to receive our Exquisite Eye Liquid Shadows before they launch!

xoxo,

Team Wander

Re: Name Our Shades!

I don't know why but the first thing that came up in my head after seeing Shade 1 is "Rosé" (as in rosé wine :P). Shade 2 reminds me of the Wisteria tree.

Speaking of gems,

Shade 1 may be Rose Quartz

Shade 2 may be Amethyst 

I said wysteria too!

Sorry! I didn't see your post a while back. Credits goes to you then 😄

@prti - I think it's so sweet that you gave credit for "Wysteria" to @makeupobesessed. I think it was like a 'brilliant minds think alike' thing. (I like it too.)

You could have just read her comment and breezed by, so I just thought it was a nice gesture. 💕

Just thought I'd mention that. 👊 (I love that there is a 'fist bump' emo. 😁)

🙂 Thanks for the kind comment, @kssweetheart. I've gotten my ideas stolen a couple of times before so I think it would suck for others if I just repeat their creative ideas.

They are so beautiful!!

Shade 1: rosette, rosette blush, beacon, mantle bloom,pumice

Shade 2: violaceous, amaranthine, harvest, plum spark ambrosia, floret

Shade 1- rose gold or something similar to that

Shade 2- frozen lilac/lavender something along those lines. Even Frozen Plum, something frozen though because it really seems like a "frozen" colour

Your names for your shades are very minimal so sticking with that trend would suit better I think.

@BlueEyeAll - or Sugarplums, frosty sugarplums.

I agree with going minimal since their other color names are no frills, it's kinda refreshing not having to figure out exactly what color Flowered Tasty Lace might be, mostly if onine shopping, in-store not such a big deal. (made up name btw)

On the other hand, all basic names from everyone would become boring. A good mix works well. 😊

Shade 1: Pink Pearl

Shade 2: Sterling Orchid

Shade 1: Peanut Butter

Shade 2: Raisin Bread

I think I'm hungry....

@melded - Now I'M hungry too! Actually, have been hungry, tried to come on to bt to get thoughts of food out of my head. It must be a sign that I should have something, even though it's so late.

The stomach wants what the stomach wants.😉

#1 Rhodonite  (beautiful rosy colored crystals)

#2 Syringa  (the genus of the lilac flower)

I like names that mean something and that are different! 🙂

@ShopgirlM - Like Rhodolite Garnet gemstones. See QVC (or my jewelry box :p)

Yes @kssweetheart! Is it weird that I like to watch QVC while I'm getting ready sometimes? Idk what it is about it, it just relaxes me (depending what they are selling). 🙂

@ShopgirlM - Hi - I don't think it's weird at all to watch QVC while getting ready - but maybe that's because I often do the very same thing! 😛 I Love my QVC.

I go in cycles, if there's a certain CD/LP that I'm really into, I will just let it play repeatedly until I'm all ready.

Eric Clapton has helped me get ready for years and years during various stages. (Sorry Eric.) Years back, before getting his CD called 24 Nights I used to watch the video tape. Thank Heavens he couldn't see me! 😨 That's where the 'sorry' is really fitting. HAD to get the CD though, having him on my TV was Waaaaaay too distracting! 😍

I sort of need something mindless on when I get ready, QVC or sometimes something I've watched before and enjoyed, so it doesn't require your full attention. Sounds like you're the same. Hey, this would make a good thread!

Quick question - I'm not sure if your name is capital "I" M or lower case "L"M - the Capital I and lowercase L look the same. I figured it's supposed to be like - 'Shop girl I am', but shortened. Wanted to be sure so I type your name correctly after the @ - I hope that made sense. 😊

@kssweetheart My favorite movie ever is a movie by Steve Martin called Shopgirl. He adapted it from a beautiful novella he wrote with the same name. He starred in it with Claire Danes who played the main character Mirabelle. Hence ShopgirlM! 🙂

How about "Penny Lane" and "Purple Rain"? 🙂

1. Sun Fox 

2. Misty Maven

I love names that have a little fantasy/mystery about them. Good luck on your search!

1.  Gold plated (or tipped) rose

2.  Frozen (or iced) lavender/lilac 

Looking at the shades, 1 seems to be almost duochrome in finish, with a hint of rose and a hint of gold, shifting (so not just rose gold).  I'm not seeing sand in it.

2 seems cool in tone, and more a lilac or lavender, without a hint of pink.  And an iced version, as opposed to a true neutral/pigmented version, of a soft but true purple.  I'm not seeing stardust.

But your names seem pretty minimalistic and descriptive.  So, alternatively:

1.  Rose gold

2. Lilac/Lavender

Or go with the star/planet theme all the way and pick

1.  Mars/Jupiter

2. Venus

Those are my inputs.  Not sure they're super helpful but at least I tried!

Wysteria for shade 2...

Photos1
  • Name-the-Shade.jpg
testing