Sunnyoneim

Mascara & Eyeliner that actually stay put...do they really exist?

HELP...I can't find a mascara OR eyeliner that will stay put on or around my eyes. I have spent lots of money trying to find ones that will work, but over the years NOT one that will work - drug store brand, department store or professional! Not on my upper lashes/lids and definetly NOT my lower lashes/lid...Anybody have any ideas

melissa93

Re: Mascara & Eyeliner that actually stay put...do they really exist?

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Volume de Chanel mascara? I've cried while wearing that mascara and it did not smudge at all! It also make me look like I'm wearing falsies :smileyhappy: Tarte and Urban Decay are my go to eyeliners and I'm starting to really like Stila eye liners as well :smileyhappy: 

Sunnyoneim

(0) Hearts

Thanks everybody for your ideas...I have tried may of these - some of the super high end & some of the drug store brands - but to date have found NOTHING that will  stay on my eyes (I guess they must be super oily - they do water an aweful lot with allergies) But you have given me some ideas of new products to try - hopefully I will have some success :-)

pinktorridora

P.S. I use Lancome's lash primer, but have heard good things about UD's. and I use Dior and Buxom mascaras that aren't waterproof.

bearsmom

(0) Hearts

Buxom, Dior, and Maybelline are my fav mascaras.  I use a Maybelline or Dior primer from time to time.

pinktorridora

Lash primer is a must! And I find UD 24/7 liners to last until I take them off 12+ hours later...

kissXmakeup

I had the same issue with eyeliner. I have found a drugstore eyeliner that works! It is Revlon's Colorstay liquid eyeliner, it dries fast and lasts all day. I also found a Kat Von D eyeliner that works wonders, great lasting power and perfect to create a cat eye wing. It is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, I would suggest to check it out! 

bearsmom

(0) Hearts

I use ColorStay eyeliner, too!!  It was a swap from my sister and I fell in love!!  I have noticed a little smudging under my one eye that waters a lot and not the other (ya my eyes are crazy...) but its very minimal!!!!!

dianabt

If you're looking for a drugstore brand,I'm not sure if they still have it but I had the BEST luck using max factor... their retractable liner was incredible and never wore off of my waterline.

Look also at the Clinique Brush on CreamLiner which is super pigmented and rich in color and rarely smears once it sets.  I also suggest a tubing mascara that will be less likely to rub or smudge off. Blinc and Too Faced have some pretty great ones!

Clinique Brush On Cream Liner

Clinique - Brush-On Cream Liner

Too Faced Lash Injection

Too Faced - Lash Injection

Blinc Mascara

Blinc - Blinc Mascara

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
dolceloure

(0) Hearts

Not sure if you've tried it, but my absolute, favorite go-to eyeliner is Be a Bombshell:

I believe this came in one of my Ipsy boxes and I'm super happy it did b/c this is the first eyeliner I've used that never creases, and stays in place the moment I put it on. 

KaleyC

(0) Hearts

I love Benefit cosmetics for eyes. I use Benefit's They're Real! for everyday mascara. I have long lashes, but this takes them to an awesome level where people think I've added false lashes. 

I also use Benefit's BadGal Waterproof Mascara, which is really nice because unlike many waterproof mascaras, it does not leave lashes stiff or break them when washing it off. It is build-able (allows for a natural or more dramatic look). I've used it for events and for days in the ocean, and didn't have black under my eyes.

As far as eyeliner, I use Benefit's BadGal liner, which stays on for 10-12 hour days even though I have allergies and therefore often watery eyes. Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes and Aqua Liner are also really excellent. 

Hope this helps!

lolo01

Have you tired using a lash primer? I use the tarte lash primer before applying mascara, this may help keep it in place.  I personally don't have issues since I started using primer. 

As for eyeliner look into the Buxom Insider I love this pencil! I use it on my waterline and it stays put all day..

Hope you find something soon I used to hate racoon eyes :*

JGSFLA

me.jpgI HAVE FOUND THAT BUXOM IS THE BEST AND I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING..I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND IT WITHSTAND THE HUMIDITY!

PoshDarling

[ Edited ]

YSL Faux Cils mascara always stays put for me, even in the hottest weather.

If all else fails, both Clarins and Anastasia Beverly Hills make a waterproof top coat, designed to keep mascara looking good all day and prevent transferring.

http://www.sephora.com/lash-genius-waterproof-topcoat-P310204?om_mmc=Googlepla,_requestid=42976,cm_m...

janinebt

Hi Sunnyoneim,

I know what you mean I hate when liners are gone within a few hours of applying them. Below are some of my all time favorites that last me pretty much all day.

Kat Von D Autograph Pencil

swfupload_4703388360031581829.jpg

Sephora Collection Mini Contour Eyeliner

swfupload_6671948512189506956.jpg

NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner

swfupload_7266401424550895028.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

For my upper eyelashes i love benefits they're real mascara.  I find that this formaula stays put all day long util I am ready to take it off.  And it comes off without too much trouble using makeup remover.  For my bottom lashes, I re cently started using Cliniques bottom lash mascara and the formula for this is really great.  It stays put and doesn;t smudge at all, and the wand is amll so it is easy to get all of the bottom lashes.

For eyeliner, the best i have found is urban decays 24/7 liner, but these really don;t stay put ll day for me.  I have oily hooded lids and my eyeliner always ends up smudging a bit at the inner corner and on the water line, even when i use primer.

bearsmom

If NONE of them work, take a look at you skin, skincare, and other makeup products.  If you have oily skin around your eyes or use oily products before applying eyeliner and mascara, they may not be able to adhere to your skin/lashes the way they should for all the oil.  If your eyes are sensitive and water when you are applying your products they may get runny before they have a chance to dry.  Sunscreen can add oil and irritate your eyes, but since sunscreen is so important you may want to find an oil free kind specifically for the delicate eye area.  Or use a mineral powder version after you apply your makeup.  If none of these apply to you, waterproof liners and mascaras may be more your thing.

beautylovingirl

Have you tried Dior's Diorshow mascara? If not you should look into that and also  Lancôme has some really good mascara's also. Hope this helps! Oops on the eyeliners look into Urban Decay ,Kat Von D and also Lancôme has some great eyeliners.:smileyhappy:

Meg82

I've had pretty good luck with Lancome Hypnose Star mascara.  It has stayed put through some seriously hot and humid weather so I'm quite pleased with it.  I don't put much on though so it's possible it would migrate if there was more of it there.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • dianabt
    • pinktorridora
    • janinebt
    • bearsmom
    • dolceloure