amandasmakeup

Looking to buy a BB Cream. What BB Cream would you recommend?

cspriverratz

Re: Looking to buy a BB Cream. What BB Cream would you recommend?

(0) Hearts

Smashbox in my opinion is the best BB Cream out there. It's perfectly hydrating, it has the right amount of coverage, (not thick like foundation, not light like tinted moisturizer) and comes in 5 shades! You only need the smallest amount, so it lasts for a while. It is a bit pricey, but my outlook is that I don't need to buy a primer, it makes the skin look 100% natural, and is incredibly easy and quick to apply. If still a little concerned about the price, definitely try it, and make an informed decision. (:

redrose04

(0) Hearts

you can make your own bb cream my mixing foundation to your moisturizer, so you don't have to buy one.

dannyc

(0) Hearts

I struggled with BB/TM/CC for a while. None of them really "worked" for me. I was a fan of Perricone's No Foundation Foundation. I tried the PTR CC cream & really liked it, but then tried the AmorePacific CC compact & fell in love. 

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I hear you, I have yet to find a BB/CC cream that works for me... mostly because I can't find anything to match my skin tone. A lot of them oxidize on me terribly and give me the oompa-loompa face. Recently discovered NARS TM and fell in love (thankfully they just came out with a new shade that matches me perfectly!)

orkira

(0) Hearts

I have been using the Tarte BB Cream in Fair a lot lately, especially on mornings I just don't have the time to put moisturizer  primer, and then my foundation on.  It hasn't bothered my skin at all.  All I do is wash my face in the morning and then slap it on my face & go out the door.

ellevee09

(0) Hearts
I was really picky with a lot of bb creams. Try Stila 10 in 1. I love it!!! :smileyhappy:
mafan

[ Edited ]

I like the Dr Jart+ BB cream.  I have a full tube of the Premium and bought a backup during the sale.  It's what I am most likely to use if I put something tinted on my face. (For reference, I maybe wear foundation one day a month if that.)  I also had a sample of the Black Label Detox and it is very nice. 

I like the coverage these gives and the tint suits me; it might not suit everyone.  I also really like the high SPF level, which is higher than most BB creams. 

Sephora has a sampler set of four of their BB creams here: http://www.sephora.com/the-original-bb-cream-set-P376218?skuId=1463231

For the price you actually get more product than the individual items, so it might be worth getting if you want to try this brand.

I do have the Garnier BB cream (their original, not the oil free).  It's a bit thinner but the coverage is nice.  It's only SPF 15 so I wouldn't wear it for a day out in the sun, but it's worth looking into if you are on a drugstore budget.

rtista

(0) Hearts

Are any of those Dr. Jart+ BB Creams decent for oily skin types?  

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

I have oily skin and I haven't found a Dr Jart+ BB that I truly disliked. Texture wise the Black Label is probably the most oily skin friendly, however the tints of all of the BBs are slightly different, so if you can get your hands on a sample you might want to try it out and make sure the color is a match for you.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Do you guys find Dr. Jart BB gives a slight grey-ish tint to your skin or is that just me?

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

I was a fan of Dr. Jart+. They carry several different formulas, though, so even within that brand there is some variation. I ended up going into the store and having the cast member make me a sample of each of them so I could try them out. I think my two favorites are the Premium and the Black Label Detox. The Water Fuse Gel was also kind of cool, as it's thicker than a traditional BB, but I didn't realize it comes in two shades, and I unintentionally got a sample of the darker one. On the plus side, it will probably be perfect for me come summer time when my skin is tanner.

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I've tried many BB creams, either from made samples given in Sephora, or deluxe samples I've received through my monthly subscription or perks.  The one that I finally purchased the full size was Smashbox.  It is a nice coverage, goes on smoothly, and doesn't make my face break out.  I love it.  Sometimes a product will work for me in sample sizes but when I buy the full size, it will tend to stop working...I think my face gets used to it or something,    I thought this was how it would be with a BB cream too, so I put off buying one for a while, but samples will only get you so far.  I haven't regretted it.  The nice thing is that if you buy it and it doesn't work, Sephora lets you return or exchange it.

Another that I really liked was Dr Jart.  I just liked Smashbox better, but it was close. 

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Laura mercier and becca are my two favorites.

I love these because they are so moisturizing with the right amount of tint, that evens out the skin without making me look cakey. Very natural looking, in a good way.

Also, these brands both have a nice range of shades to choose from.

Another option is givenchy, but there are less color options. If there is one that matches your skin tone, I would recommend it equally with becca. Laura Mercier is my favorite.

amandasmakeup

Normal skin type.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Well a lot of that depends on your skin type. Do you mind sharing some details about your skin. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • dannyc
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • rtista
    • mafan
    • makeupobesessed
    • crayzeeRN