itscarin

Ignoring/Blocking Users

Any chance the bbs could incorporate some ignore/block features so that we can ignore/block certain users who post certain content over and over?

dianabt

Re: Ignoring/Blocking Users

Closing thread, we can forward the request but my best suggestion is to just skip the posts and ignore the users. Thanks. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
candacebt

[ Edited ]

Annd...we're done here. Thanks for playing!

Also a friendly tip for the road: Heart Parties technically do belong in the "Off-Topic" board. Because they are, as it were, Off-Topic (even though we literally *heart* them). 

lylysa

With the responses so far put aside, I'm going to chime in on the actual verbiage and context of Itscarin's post. I'm not here to "assume" what she's referring to, whether or not her intention was to subtly drop a hint about a subject or user in particular.

In regards to ignoring users, this can be done on a selective and circumstantial manner. If you have messaged someone or someone has messaged you to where there is a log in either your Inbox or Sent Messages, you can hit the "Ignore XYZ (User name)" tab once within that message. This would then load this user into your "Ignored Users" tab within your Private Messages area.

The blocking feature is not implemented by BT users, but in the past Moderators and Admins have blocked users from posting and utilizing BT. These instances are on a case by case basis and generally tend to undergo review from multiple Moderators to in fact explore and verify that a particular user does draw legitimate reason to be banned from BT. 

Ignoring or blocking content is not a feature that BT currently has in place, to be honest, the request to ignore or block select content would open up a world of new coding that would have to be implemented. For example, if someone didn't want to read or see any posts in regards to oily skin, if there was a filter in place to ignore posts and threads involving "oily skin", consider how detailed it would have to be, what if someone merely posted "I have dry skin, not oily skin", would that post automatically be filtered out into an ignore zone? If someone posted about primers in regards to silicone and dimethicone formulas and how it has multiple benefits, one being it can help mattify "oily skin", would that entire post about primers be filtered out even if the information doesn't only pertain to oily skin? If someone wanted to ignore or block heart parties, would coding have to separate out the word "heart" and "party" or only block when they are used together or in hear proximity of one another? What if a user said "I 'heart' that lip gloss!" would that raise a red flag and have that comment be blocked/ignored? What if someone posted a thread in regards for needing assistance for "party" make up, would that post be removed from sight for someone who wanted "heart" "party" blocked?

chelssss

Thanks lylysa for that clarification. I for one didn't think about all the coding that would go into it and you brought a great point about things being blocked that you may not want to actually want to be blocked. 

thesupergirl

Mods, please close this thread this is so getting out of hand

HookedOnBeauty2

Regardless of the content or intention of this thread, I still think you're SUPER! Keep doing what you're doing!!!!!

hackneyfl

I have ask this to be closed a long time ago to a MOD via PM!!! Don't know why they let these things go on and on!

MK89

Yes, please. 

kellsmuneoka

Mean-Girls-GIF-I-Wish-I-Could-Bake-A-Cake-Full-Of-Rainbows-and-Smiles.gifLet's all be friends! She might complain about it, but it's her right to do so. I personally love heart parties and hope people continue to throw them!

katief241981

awwwww looks like some people are sad they never got a heart party thrown for them :smileysad:   cheer up lovelies…if you are nice and people actually like you, you could have a party too.  see how that works?  but then how would you vent all your ridiculous frustrations out on BT….ahhhh, 1st world problems

And this is why i don't come here anymore...

mrsbaine

I've never had a heart party and I LOVE them! I think they are fun ways to get to know people. Youa re right Katie! 

annec322

I think I'm gonna go throw you one right now!!!!

mrsbaine

You're amazing!!!!!! 

annec322

Right back at you!  Ignore the haters!

mrsbaine

Anyone notice that this has gone on longer than a heart party? 

bratknits

There's only one complaint thread about this on the main boards right now, the same can not be said for heart parties.

mrsbaine

I get it; you don't like Heart Parties too. It's cool- I'm making an observation; There are several heart parties; no one is posting anymore on those.... so... the "non heart party let's not have a heart party thread" lasted longer than the actual heart parties. Get it? :smileyhappy: 

bratknits

One, yes they are still posting in them as of two minutes ago and two this feedback in in the feedback thread where it is supposed to be.  If the heart parties were in off-topic where they are supposed to be no one would complain about them.

mrsbaine

ok, you win..... 

bratknits

It's not a matter of winning.  Someone put feedback in the feedback section and got jumped all over by people defending putting heart parties in the wrong thread to subvert them being kept off the main page.  That isn't right.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 91 replies
  • 457 hearts
  • 42 in conversation
    • kalex
    • itscarin
    • anaa
    • emmaclaire
    • malday
    • quixotic