If you had only $30 for anything in Sephora, what would you buy?

LadyBry13

If you had only $30 for anything in Sephora, what would you buy?

I received a $30 gift card to Sephora last week. I know it's not much. I can spend about $20 of my own money too. So I want to buy something really worth it. A staple. I am also new to makeup. I already have plenty of eye and lip products. Some of my favorite brands are Clinique, Bareminerals, Tarte, and Smashbox. So what should I spend with my $30????

crayzeeRN

Re: If you had only $30 for anything in Sephora, what would you buy?

That's exactly what I meant, thank you! Maybe I'll stop eyeing this soon and actually buy it :smileywink:

drrragon

Do it!  Dooooo eeeeeetttttt :smileyvery-happy:

Lylysa did some swatches and head shots some time back in this old thread, we were squeeeing about that blush for about the first 3 pages or so.....

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Something-new-you-re-wanting-to-try/td-p/423333

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I would buy a NARS Lipstick, I have 2 already and feel like I can never have enough! No one does colors as well as NARS :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

That blush took on a life of its own!

onomotopoeia9

wow, that blush is nice! or maybe its just lylysa -- so pretty!

new thing to add to my list...

crayzeeRN

Thanks for the link, fellow enabler! :smileytongue: It does look stunning, those are some great swatches. I just learned I apparently need to be cleaning my UD Good Karma Brush with rubbing alcohol instead of brush shampoo as well... haha

lylysa

That blush is to DIEEEEE FORRRR! I've been using it every day since getting it! I even layer it over other blush colors!

@Onomotopoeia9, awww, you're so sweet!

And to CrazeeRN, yeah, the UD brushes are made with recycled plastic and brush cleaning sprays eat away at the bristles. You can still use brush shampoo or a mild soap to wash them weekly, but for daily use, rubbing alcohol works fine!

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]

Good to know, thanks! That blush will probably be enable-ing itself into my cart the next time I head to Sephora :smileywink:

starletta8

I'd go one of two ways:

• Multiple product sampler to maximize bang for your buck and try as much as possible
  • Good skincare with SPF for the summer
bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

Yeah this is a very tough question. Usually when I get gift cards I buy items from brands I've always wanted to try or a product that I've been eyeing for a while (if I can). 

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

That is tough...  I would go with any skin care items that you might need.  Whether a moisturizer or foundation, you can't go wrong with those.  Since summer is coming, you might need a summer foundation/bb/cc cream.

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

Oooh, what a tough question! In terms of beauty staples the first thing that would come to mind would be some type of foundation or BB/CC cream. If you can find one particular formula that suits you and that matches your skintone seamlessly, that is one of the best beauty investments you can make.

If you already own something of that nature, or aren't interested in such a product, I would say find an awesome bronzer and/or blush that works with your complexion. Although it's fun to experiment and try different things and have lots of colors, one HG bronzer or blush is really all you need. I really love benefit's boxed powders, which are $28. Hoola is my bronzer of choice, and they have many beautiful blush colors.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • poemelyric
    • drrragon
    • berniebeauty
    • lylysa
    • ilovetopurplefy