LadyBry13

If you had only $30 for anything in Sephora, what would you buy?

I received a $30 gift card to Sephora last week. I know it's not much. I can spend about $20 of my own money too. So I want to buy something really worth it. A staple. I am also new to makeup. I already have plenty of eye and lip products. Some of my favorite brands are Clinique, Bareminerals, Tarte, and Smashbox. So what should I spend with my $30????

sugarluvv

Re: If you had only $30 for anything in Sephora, what would you buy?

(0) Hearts
roxystar4

a small bottle of UD Allnighter Spray & a lipstick (too faced la creme, or bite beauty in vouvray).

or maybe UD Naked Flushed.s1475540-main-hero.jpg

There are some super cute value sets/palettes for around $30 too. I just got this the other day- two cheek tints and a highlighter for $17 :smileyhappy:

s1520626-main-grid.jpg

and like ilovetopurplefy mentioned- the sale area is great too!

soswald

(0) Hearts

Naked Flushed is a nice thing to have. I feel like it's a good deal for a blush, bronzer, and highlighter! It's perfect for traveling. 

ilovetopurplefy

[ Edited ]

If I had a $30 gift card to Sephora, I would make a straight beeline for the sale section. I've found some pretty awesome things in there like the Tarte True Blood Palette for more than 50% off, some of the new Sephora brand eyeshadows, powder, blotting sheets, Kat Von D lipsticks and palettes, Bare Minerals, Urban Decay, Nails Inc, Nars, I can go on.  A few days ago I found some Illamasqua polishes on sale for $4 when they each retail for $17 each (in all of my freestanding and SiJCP stores). I picked up Viridian and I saw Raindrops and Pink Raindrops on sale and now I'm regretting not getting them because I felt I had polishes that were similar but they were not at all. They were $4 each and are highly sought after! I went back and they were gone :smileysad: I wanted to cry and I kept facepalming.

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

i  found the glinda palette in the sale section,. not sure on how it got there but i wanted it away (full price or not) i bought it and it was 10 dollars off or  something. i forgot...

sephoramusthave

Whoa. You found NARS in the sale section? We need to go shopping together, the sale sections at my Sephoras never have the major brands on sale. Its mostly hello kitty stuffs.

ilovetopurplefy

yes I have!! I dig through them carefully so see if there are any hidden gems. I always find the best things in the sale section. You never know what you might discover! That's how I shop for my clothes, accessories, etc. If I really like a shirt and I don't want to pay $20-30 for it I usually wait 2-3 weeks and its on sale for $6-7.  I found some of the Nars Multiples for $8 each but I passed on them cuz they emphasize my pores like no tomorrow, some of their eyeshadows, blushes, and lipsticks ranging from $4-12 apiece, many different Illamasqua products like their blushes, eyeshadows, polishes, Kat Von D, etc for $4-10 a piece. I found Dior ONCE  and it was the Amber Diamond highlighter and it was $10! I really liked the glow it gave me but it gave me cystic acne so it found a new home with my best friend :smileyhappy:

starletta8

I find some of those crazy clearance deals at my local SiJCP- the malls around me are too high traffic for the good clearance not to go while I'm at work.

sephoramusthave

o.0 OMG. *stomps foot* No fair :smileysad: I have plenty of Sephoras around me, and I've never seen a super high end item on sale. I don't own a ton of NARS but I have at least a handful of items and they are all pretty much amazing. I wish my stores carries Illamasqua makeup---it looks like a cross btw MUFE and KVD.

LadyBry13

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I am going to get either a value kit of my favorite brand or translucent powder for my oily skin. Any suggestions???

berniebeauty

(0) Hearts

Clinique has a few sets for under $30.

swfupload_4533550819013180214.jpgThe Bold Eyes to Go set is sold on the sephora website for $28 with two mascaras, an eyeliner, and some eyeshadow.

swfupload_1960696689532504536.jpgThey also have the High Impact Extreme Mascara set online for $24.50

Some of their skin care start-up sets are under $30 as well. 

I'm not that well acquainted with Clinique, so Idk how good these are, but I have tried one or two of their mascaras and have loved them. 

swfupload_9217382094700518412.jpg

Smashbox has a $19 kit full of small sizes so you could try their products. 

I suggest looking around the site thoroughly  you can find some great stuff :smileyhappy:

~We are all beautiful~

WhereYouStand

(0) Hearts

maybe face products or maybe a skin care kit of a sort or concealer depending on what you have in mind. travel size to start with because you have the eyes and the lips already covered. if you have $50 to work with a vaule kit might even be a do-able purchase. it's never too early to start taking care of the skin. especially since we are going into summer. I know there are a lot of things I regret with my skin and I'm in my mid twenties however having really pale skin & not wearing sunscreen when I should have starting 18 forward i started to notice sun damage on my face @ first I thought they were freckles now I am pretty sure they are sun damage.and again I'm only in my mid twenties. I regret not tending to it earlier

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

That is a hard question. I mean most pf the stuff at sephora cost over 30$. The only thing i can think of that cost less then 30$ is the     Sephora palettes

WhereYouStand

(0) Hearts

a value or travel kit so you get a variety of the whole face in products

ayen85

(0) Hearts

i'd purchase the nars radiant creamy concealer...its a makeup must-have!

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

I would spend it on a nice bb cream. Now with spring and summer around the corner I like something light on my face =). 

viviene23

[ Edited ]

For  $50 or less, here's my suggestions

swfupload_6619288618207356266.jpg

Diorskin shimmer star-- one of the best highlighter in my opinion and it will last you a very long time

sephora sampler 1.jpg

Sephora fragrance sampler---I love sephora fragrance samplers and here are the 3 samplers available in sephora stores right now...with these selection you can definitely find a staple fragrance you'll fall in love with! I got myself the marc jacobs daisy so fresh that sells for $78  for the sampler price of $50...aint that a deal?  and the triple points is just icing on the cake ;-)

For $30 or less

swfupload_1450802234916975487.jpg
Too faced sweethearts perfect flush blush ($29) -- Very beautiful blush and the packaging is cute and feminine too

swfupload_5330730073390010187.jpgNars blush/bronzer duo mini ($24) -- everyone's favorite!! the mini comes in orgasm/laguna but they also have a regular size with 4 other color combinations for I believe $41.

violalea

(0) Hearts

wow you got all 3 fragrance sets? jealous :smileywink: but i am only interested in the set with mini bottles :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

I've been eyeing the Too Faced Sweethearts blush for months! Is this crazy shimmery on skin?

drrragon

[ Edited ]

This is quite possibly the most adorable blush ever!  It is shimmery but not like big glitter chunks, more like a pretty, subtle shimmer.  It's more appropriate for a nice glowy flush on your cheeks rather than nightclub shimmer and shine, if that's what you mean!  Also I think it's probably best for those with fair skin because on my light/medium skin the color is very subtle, but I tend to use it as a layering powder over cream blush or to blend out a higher pigmented powder blush.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • poemelyric
    • drrragon
    • berniebeauty
    • lylysa
    • ilovetopurplefy