kimmi1115

How Often Do You Log Onto Beauty Talk Now?

With the mixed reviews about the new forum layout, I was wondering if you've noticed your logging in habits changing?  

Maybe it is just me, but I have noticed that I am not logging in as much as I used to log in.  I have been busy with things going on, but I usually log on once a day. Lately, it has been over a few days since the last time I was online.  

I also noticed the online now counter.  I had no idea there were that many BT users.  I saw that two hundred and some were online one day!  Hi everyone!! lol.

kimmi1115

Re: How Often Do You Log Onto Beauty Talk Now?

It looks like we are all in the same boat.  The threaded replying is not on my good side.  I sometimes forget to check all the users I've replied to in a thread.  I feel like I'm trying to follow conversations here, there, and everywhere.  

beautylovingirl

But I love all you guys so at least log on to say "hey".LOL. :smileytongue:

fran11

I am just not used to the new threading version of the posts! I feel like I check to make sure my reply is going in the right place in a thread, but it never fails that I hit reply off of the wrong person and my post is in a weird place! more than likely that will happen on this post too! :smileywink:

I liked the old version where you hit reply and your post was last! (Or first - that's a good idea Lylysa)

sephoramusthave

I used to log on *a lot*, and I used to post a lot more threads. I dont remember the last time I made a new thread now...and I used to stick around for a bit too...I used to look up the items that are posted here as favorites and do some research and such on products that I saw in magazines/blogs but now when I log on its just for 5-10 minutes, just enough to respond to 2-3 threads and then Im offline again.

It was a lot more fun before. And now you cant even see the heart logo unless your mouse is pointed at that specific location....grrr

And I cant post a picture on this new forum to save my life.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

The photos portion has changed a bit, now when I upload photos, they go directly to a Private album. I end up just moving the pics back to my Public album.

ChicDabbler

Same as before. Basically I go to my recent posts first to browse for new replies to the thread, then I go to the front page list view to see if there's any questions I can answer. I do my answer in batches, so once there are 3+ questions I want to answer, I log in and answer them all.

I hated it before they implemented the list view and was logging in less, but now I like the list view since it allows me to scan more questions easily for unanswered ones.

I think there's less emphasis on hearts now, since you can't see it underneath your icon in thread/posts/question anymore, just in profile. And I don't like the fact "+ <3" button only appears when you hover over a post.

bananachoox3

I started not too long ago with BeautyTalk. I got to say though I log in at least once a day now that I made one in Decemeber. Its fun to see other's advice and topic.

beautylovingirl

@bananachoox3-Your one of the good one's too,it's great when newbies catch on and can join in:smileyhappy: We're glad your here too.

bananachoox3

Thanks! I just love being on here. Everyone is extremely nice and this is just an overall great place to talk about makeup/skincare and tips, seeing everyone have different and helpful tips.

katie1724

I took a break because of the layout! I went to sign on one day after I had been away for a few weeks, and then I just couldn't get it to work / I couldn't understand it. I think I've figured it out (for the most part), but I miss the previous format, which I feel was much more user friendly...

drrragon

(0) Hearts

ok it won't let me heart kimmi1115 for some reason..(?????)

sorry kimmi!

drrragon

i'm one of the n00bs around here and was sort of wondering where the social chit-chat was!  it seems to just be people logging in to ask a specific question, then they scarper off with the answers and don't stick around to socialize.  then you regulars of course.  all of whom i will be hearting in this thread since you all seem to miss the hearts so much :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

@drragon-You are one of the newbies but you fit in pretty well. We're glad your here!:smileyhappy:

lylysa

I have to say, Drrragon, your posts have been ones I can agree on and bring up very good points! I've been hearting your posts :smileyhappy:.

Beauty Talk is definitely fun and a very supportive community. I think that's something that myself and the more regular posters can agree on.

The mods here have always been so approachable and helpful, they're not just faces on a screen that never participate. I love that they respond and write back in threads and personal messages!

The ladies and gents here are very welcoming and sweet! I hope you continue to stick around, see what else is offered up, and join in more and more!

drrragon

thanks lylysa, yes i think half my hearts have come from you, LOL!  I do enjoy it on BT and am glad I finally dove into the forum rather than going to sephora.com only to shop!  lots of great advice to be had.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Well said! We're glad to have you here!

makeupobesessed

Omg, I noticed that revived post too!

i have to agree, and kimmi, I was thinking of posting the same question...I don't come on here as much at all.   I used to be on all the times, now it's every few days or so, sometimes I don't thnk about it at all.  

I miss the old BT.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

@kimmi1115- I still log on quite a bit but I thing it's because I'm hoping there will be something new to answer:smileytongue:. No luck with that happening any time soon!:smileyhappy: And what so bad there's 200+ people on line and  nothing new to add.:smileysad:

lylysa

I think BT just logs a lot of users because as soon as you're a Beauty Insider and have an online profile, you essentially are shown as being present though you may have just logged on to check purchases or to add things to your shopping cart.

I was shopping on Sephora with my profile a good while before I decided to participate in the forums.

beautylovingirl

Well that may be true but I never noticed this big of a problem on the old forum.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 111 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • drrragon
    • berniebeauty