sunshine224

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation and what their thoughts are on it.  I have pretty oily skin but sometimes get small dry patches so as much as I want to try this product I am a little worried about what it will do on me.  I was using Kat Von D Lock it foundation which was great for oil control and coverage but I found that it just looked too cakey on me, where I like a more natural finish.  Please let me know if you have any thoughts on the Immaculate!  Thanks!!

kariyava

Re: Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

[ Edited ]

I love the finish -- it is not at all cakey on me and it has such a nice matte finish.  I would be careful in getting a sample of it.  A lot of posters here found it to be cakey after getting a sample of it, but I honestly think that is because they got a sample instead of using it right out of the bottle.  This foundation is unique because it turns into a powder finish -- I think having a SA pump it into a sample jar (thereby exposing it to air) and then opening up that sample jar to use it a couple times (again exposing it to air each time) messes with the formula.  I did this (tried a sample) and the first application was okay, and I had enough for two more applications in the sample and each time I used it after that it looked worse and worse.  Now that I bought the bottle though, it works amazing.  Maybe the solution is to get a SA to try it on your face in the store and then go home, look at it in natural light, and see how it wears instead of getting a sample.  Just food for thought!

Minamaris

I currently use that foundation and I love it! I too have oily skin and the occasional dry patch so I would suggest investing in a good moisturizer. This foundation will leave your skin looking flawless!!! It feels awesome on the skin and it does not look nor feel cakey whatsoever! It is truly an awesome foundation! It feels dry but super smooth on the skin unlike most liquid foundations that tend to feel wet and sticky. Also, when using this foundation you do not need to set it with powder, it is made to absorb oil and is great for problematic skin. I have heard that it will help scars and acne so that is a plus!! I thought I should set it with a powder just in case, but after a few hours I have noticed that it started to break up somewhat so try not setting your whole face with powder. Other than that it is worth the price!!

DTalksAll

Because it's liquid to powder, you have to work quickly. I find if you concentrate on applying it to one section at a time then it won't cake. If I'm in a rush & I just slather it on like I would a a TM and try to do it all at once then it cakes & settles. It didn't oxidize on me, but I don't get super oily either. As long as I moisturized my dry areas, then I didn't have any issues with the foundation. 

I do like the finish, it's matte, but not flat, so I don't feel the need to put a highlighter or illuminator on. 

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

I have tried a few samples, and I love the finish it is velvety and matte.  Haven't has any negative issues so I may purchase.  Kat von d didn't feel natural  this one is better. It blends so smoothly . 

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

I'm dieing to try this foundation lol !. 

bananachoox3

I love this foundation! It blends like a dream! Sephora Artist told me that you don't really need a primer for this foundation, tried it with and without primer and I got to say I love this without the primer. If you have dry skin, make sure really moisturize before hand or else this foundation will enhance your dry patches. With this foundation, all I have to do is blot once a day. A little goes a long way with this foundation, and it tends to oxidize a bit during the day. 

femme987

I tried this when I had my make up done at an hourglass instore event. At first it looked amazing. However, after a couple of hours, I noticed that makeup was settling in my pores and made them look even larger. I went to the store the next day to get a sample of e foundation because I was not sure if the issue was with the foundation or the cream blush. The hourglass artist was there and asked me what I though of the makeup. I told her about the issue with my pores and he said that this is the first time she is hearing about this. I tried the foundation the next day and the same thing happened to my pores. It was really odd because where I had larger pores, it looked like a lighter coloured powder was sinking into them. I used the hourglass mineral veil primer under the foundation. I was really hoping that this foundation would be "the one"

carrie1975

I have several samples from the last two weeks that I am going to try. It will take several because the samples are so small. I am excited to try it because I have yet to find a foundation that does what it promises when it comes to mattifying. I did try Becca matte primer and it worked for a couple hours before blotting tissues were pulled out from my makeup bag. Maybe a combination of the two will work.

lolo01

Immaculate works for me, leaves me looking "Immaculate, matte and shine free this is my HG product! Ive tried many others but continue going back to this. I do use a primer with it also and apply with a brush, This foundation is not meant to be applied with BB,,

joeanne

I got some samples because I've been dying to try this. I really thought this would be my HG, but I have to say while I liked it, I don't think I will run out and buy it. It did keep my oily skin matte for a good part of the day, and felt great on. It looked good, but no better than my current foundation - Benefit Hello Flawless Powder Foundation. I do use Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer with both, and I LOVE the primer. But I guess I was expecting more from the foundation.

For me, Powder foundation is easier, so I'll try a few more of them. But I will say I think the Hourglass Liquid Powder Foundation might accentuate dry or flaky skin because it really does dry to a powder finish and I had to buff really well when I used it.

laurabt

Hi Sunshine,

We recently featured this foundation on Facebook as "The miracle foundation for oily skin!" Watch three real Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation users share their stories in this video! > http://seph.me/15gnhNs  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Missie772

I have combination-oily skin and a few dry patches as well. I was between the Hourglass Immaculate and the Hourglass Veil Fluid. I got a sample of each. I must say that I hated the Immaculate. It was super cakey and clung to my dry area around my nose and a bit on my chin. It didn't oxidize on me that much, but it did oxidize.

I liked the Veil Fluid better. It didn't cling to my dry patches. But with this, I found that you have to prep and prime your skin pretty well otherwise, it fade and slide off. I am still undecided on this...

Kiki1517

I would get a sample as suggested, especially because it is such a pricey product. I wanted to like it as well, but unfortunately it oxidized horribly and I ended up a couple shades darker a few hours later. Cakes in the fine lines on my forehead as well, just as Kat Von D did.

gongju87

I would get a sample. I know alot of people rave about it, but when I tried it the first time for my oily skin, 1) it caked 2) it didn't really have staying power.

Then I tried it again because I thought maybe I got a bad batch since EVERYONE loved it so...the same results.

I'm very glad I didn't buy the bottle.

But hey! You never know, it could work beautifully with your skin, so give it a try :smileyhappy:

Corrina777

I also have oily skin and after using nothing but Tarte tinted BB cream for several months, I was very anxious to find something that felt as light as possible.  I started with UD Naked Skin and thought that was good, then read the reviews for Hourglass and decided to try it.  It's been years since I've used anything with a matte finish and I wasn't expecting to like it.  But I LOVE it.  It's replaced UD as my go-to foundation. I feel like I'm not wearing anything at all and the finish is wonderfully natural, even with the matte finish.  Just as a note, I am using the Hourglass primer as well.

roxystar4

I like the formula of the Hourglass but if I didnt take the time to really blend my skin, it would be a little cakey.  I also couldnt find the right shade for my skin either :smileysad:

JGSFLA

I actually bought a bottle of it a month ago and cant wait for it to be finished :smileysad:...for me its VERY thick and a little cakey which surprised me..but im sure it works great for others..its such a personal thing

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • roxystar4
    • joeanne
    • carrie1975
    • JGSFLA
    • Missie772