Has anyone been sent defective items by Sephora?

EllieyJelly

Has anyone been sent defective items by Sephora?

I'm just curious if anyone has been sent defective items by Sephora. I received a blush without its backing glued on. The  Bobbi Brown blush was stuck to the mirror when I opened it. This has been my first time with a defective item from Sephora. I've made a lot of orders before and had never had a problem. I went to my nearby Sephora and they gave me a refund. They didnt have it in stock so oh well. I'll just order it tonight. 

Anyway, I'm just curious if f this has happened to anyone else? 

sulfate

Re: Has anyone been sent defective items by Sephora?

(0) Hearts

Last week I received my favorite Bite Lip Lacquer and when I unscrewed the top, the applicator didn't come with it.  I returned it.. no biggie.. this kind of thing happens all the time and it does't bother me because their return policy is so generous.  

cdiamond

(0) Hearts

Yup I ordered the Mac Jacobs show stopper set and the eyeshadow palette wouldn't snap closed... Returned it in the store, got a new one same issue.  They had to go through their stock to find me one and half of them had that problem! 

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

I thought of a couple more....

My first naked palette had two half baked shadows in it, and no sidecar. It was from the first batch of them. When I went in store to exchange it, they opened two more that were just like that before they found me one that had all of the proper colors.

I have also received 2 FAB 5-in-1 face lotions that were expired. On separate occasions. So I go in store to buy that now.

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

only little things here and there so I don't really mind unless it's a glass container. Sephora is good at replacing things though. 

Katty2323

(0) Hearts

I've received expired boscia black masks and spf before.

einai

(0) Hearts

My last Cinderella quad was damaged. As soon as I took the plastic case out of the box, I knew something was wrong because there was powder all around the case. I opened it up to see that one of the shadows had a whole corner broken off.  Sent it back the next day and got my refund in two weeks no problem.

mafan

(0) Hearts

My small Ariel palette arrived with a cracked shadow. I think it wasn't closed properly. I just took it to the store and they swapped it with no problem. 

When these things happen, they're usually manufacturing issues. They can't inspect everything. It's unfortunate if something is really limited, but the are great at trying to fix issues. 

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

As a matter of fact, I've never ordered off Sephora.com so nothing has been defective because of shipping or anything. But I have had numerous drugstore lippies break within seconds of opening, and it was just an easy exchange!

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I once bought a Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle serum where the little plug broke off inside, so the product would not come out of the bottle.  I was able to exchange it for another one.

I also had a couple of eyeshadows that were not sufficiently glued into their pans and came out.  I just glued them back in with some E6000, that worked fine.

nomnomloot

(0) Hearts

Got a broken palette! It was out of stock so I got my money back and got to keep the broken one. It was alright!

Koofa

(0) Hearts

I had the same thing happen to me.. Did they take the points back that you got for the palette though?

daisies121

(0) Hearts

I ordered a LORAC lip gloss set and it had 2 of the same glosses in it and was therefore missing one. Sephora exchanged it for me. 

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

I received an eye shadow palette with a broken shadow but you couldn't tell until you opened it. Sephora exchanged it very quickly.

person11

I ordered Urban Decay's oil control powder and it came without the puff.  I was going to return it but I dropped it in the toilet.  After I fished it out, I immediately dropped it onto the floor and it shattered everywhere, mixing with the toilet water drippings.  I think it was cursed.

mberteig

Hahaha!  Thanks for the laugh.  I once dropped an eyeshadow palette into the toilet!  Now I make sure the lid stays down!

hydee77

(0) Hearts

I have placed about 8 million orders (maybe not that many but many!) through Sephora and I've only had one item that was defective, they took it back with no questions asked. 

NotCrocker

I recently got a Tarte Butter lipstick in an order that had broken off and flew out of the tube when I opened it. Not a problem! I wandered down to my local Sephora and they happily exchanged it for an intact one. 

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

@NotCrocker  - How do you like your now intact Tarte Butter lipstick? If I'm not mistaken, that's the one with the cute packaging, right? :smileyhappy:

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

Hm...

One time I ordered the naked 2 and noticed that the brush was missing and another time my benefit palette came damaged.  

PoesRevy

(0) Hearts

Sephora has a terrific return policy. I remember receiving a cream (in a tube) and the end was not sealed correctly (manufacturing issue), however unless you went to use it/pressure was placed on it-you would not have known. Hassle free return.

vanillammm

Uhm, yes. And all online orders. 

1) Bare Minerals Tutorial library that was missing 3 brushes

2) Sephora brush belt and 14 pro brushes set was missing the angled blush brush

3) Multiple Disney Jasmine Three Wishes eyeliner sets came with a dried out pot of gel liner

4) MUFE brush spray came with a jammed pump that wouldn't go down at all

They have always been great about swapping them out (accept in the case of the first two where the item was out of stock by the time it reached me).

1 they had me return for a full refund, 2 they sent me a substitute brush because I still wanted the rest of the discontinued set. I had to talk to more than one customer service rep to get that done, though. It was worth the hassle.

4 is not bad out of all the orders I have made over the years...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • mberteig
    • hydee77
    • marydiva
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • annonymous1