EllieyJelly

Has anyone been sent defective items by Sephora?

I'm just curious if anyone has been sent defective items by Sephora. I received a blush without its backing glued on. The  Bobbi Brown blush was stuck to the mirror when I opened it. This has been my first time with a defective item from Sephora. I've made a lot of orders before and had never had a problem. I went to my nearby Sephora and they gave me a refund. They didnt have it in stock so oh well. I'll just order it tonight. 

Anyway, I'm just curious if f this has happened to anyone else? 

Missie772

Re: Has anyone been sent defective items by Sephora?

(0) Hearts

BOO!!! I just got my Naked 3 from Sephora and it came with a broken eyeshadow. I know the Sephoras had a Naked 3 launch party tonight... but I didn't get the package until after the party started. I sure hope they have some left in stock when I go tomorrow!!!

openthelocked

(0) Hearts

I got sent a BECCA beach tint duo with two Watermelons instead of Watermelon & Fig. I took it to the SiJCP near my house because they carry BECCA--they were able to exchange it, but it was processed as a return without a reciept even though I had one, because apparently that's all they're allowed to do? Wasn't too happy about that.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I ordered a DDF face wash years ago that explored all over the bottle and once I ordered the Boscia Black  Peel Off mask, the Fresh mud mask bar and the origins active charcoal mask in one order. When i opened the box, there was only packing paper and the order summary. Nothing else. 

sulfate

(0) Hearts

I recently received the Omorovicza cleansing balm.  The lid wasn't screwed on properly and the product had 1/4 of mold on the top. It had obviously been sitting on the shelf for quite a while.  Sephora was great about it, but I didn't want a replacement because I was so turned off.  It did make me more cautious about purchasing less popular items that might not be turned over as quickly.  I went through some of my recent Koh Gen Do orders and discovered some were going to expire sooner than I would use them so I sent those back unopened (some were fine).  

DrProducts

(0) Hearts

Yes, *twice* now I've ordered the Stila pressed eyeshadow in Prize (a lovely gold shimmer) and received it broken, leaking gold shimmer all over the rest of my box's contents. The first time I called, and got it replaced successfully. Now that it's happened again, I don't know whether to call or go to the store. I feel like they'll think I'm scamming them, but I've never returned anything else. All I can say is, if you want this item, get it in store. 

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

Broken Kat Von D eyeliner - three tries in a row (it was the Get The Look kit that's still up with Beethoven,) since it isn't in stores and CS and I both gave up. 

jenniebeth

(0) Hearts

I bought the BCA Clarisonic and it was defective. CS was super awesome and sent me a replacement... which was also defective. Returned them both and got a perfectly functional Mia 2. Wasn't going to risk it again, but that's my issue with Clarisonic, not Sephora.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Hmm, back when the current website was new and in beta version, some of were able to try it out and I got a free shipping code so I placed a $3 order. It came in bubble wrap envelope. The item was a metal atomizer so it was ok, but the container and the samples were crushed! Ever since then, everything I've received has been in big boxes with miles of butcher paper even if it's pinky sized item, and my items were never damaged after that. =X

EllieyJelly

(0) Hearts

So mad. I was sent another damaged product today. I bought  a Laura Mercier blush that arrived cracked. I opened the box and saw powder and hoped the powder was all right but the entire side of the powder was cracked and pinch of the corner was missing. So annoyed. Another return. I hate going to the mall this time of year but I prefer to get my stuff processed as soon as possible.

Piwie

(0) Hearts

They sent me 2 broken MJ eyeliners, and 1 leaking boscia tsubaki oil. I called CS and they sent me replacements right away.

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

I have to exchange my naked palette. It came with 3 of the pans in the palette sticking halfway out crooked. Two of the pans had scratch marks in them. I'm not sure if it is a manufacturer defect or it was used but I want a new one without these issues.

Candy357

(0) Hearts

I don't think I have ever had such bad luck with Sephora like this.
I am sorry for those that have.

I have however had issues with many items at drug stores,
where I didn't realize someone opened the item and used it.
omg ew, meaning they took off the seal to use it! Then put it back.
Now I check the seals. :smileytongue:

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

I just got a liquid-based eyeshadow that was completely, completely separated.  There was this greenish liquid and then all the sparkle and color clumped up at the bottom.  I'm going to have to return it as I cannot get it to mix back up.  And earlier I got a lipgloss that was completely separated and I had to return too.  I think I need to stop shopping in the sale section, but I'd think they'd look the product over before they ship it out.  I can't imagine this is happening in the 2 days it takes to get here with the weather in the 50s.

feline5190

(0) Hearts

The only time I received something in less than perfect condition was the time I ordered the Urban Decay De-slick spray and it was leaking a little bit.  But I just exchanged it at the store with no problems.  I have placed many, many online orders with Sephora and I'm always very happy with their excellent packing and pristine condition of the items.  Excellent packing and shipping is really becoming a rarity nowadays, so it's one of the main reasons I shop Sephora online exclusively for my beauty needs.  

feline5190

[ Edited ]

I mean if you order a brand new book from Amazon, you'll be lucky if you actually receive a book in new condition.  One time I had to return a book 3 times before a got one that was in good condition.  The poor quality of their books is usually due to their horrible shipping methods (what do you think is going to happen if you ship a large paperback in an envelope?)  So I definitely don't take Sephora's excellent shipping methods and durable boxes for granted!  Even my cats can attest to the quality and longevity of Sephora boxes :smileywink:  And the paper, they love that.  

annonymous1

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I mean makeup is very hard to transport, i ordered Purity the regular one not the gel and i know its milky naturally but it was almost watered down, i returned it right away and i got store credit (i lost my reciept) no questions asked, sephora has one of the best if not the best return policy of any retail store.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Sephora's return policy is absolutley fantastic. I once had a GlamGlow mask that had fingerprints on it/had been opened, etc and I called the VIB hotline about it and she placed a new order for me right away and make it incredibly easy to return the defective mask.

That's one of the reasons why I'm so loyal to the company. They really do make sure that we recieve products in excellent condition.

knadala

(0) Hearts

I got a Tarte Palette, which was on sale, and it arrived with 2 shadows cracked and the powder went everywhere. The blush was missing a small chunk and had found its way into the crevises of my palette. It was sad but since I was super busy, I didn't have time to return it and I ordered it for use on a trip so I just ended up using what was left after I cleaned it.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i received a broken/spilled bottle of body wash which i took back to the store. they replaced it, no problem. after reading some of the responses here though, i'm going to start checking the expiration dates on products i receive!

Fabi28

I've received old makeup that has been expired and returned makeup palettes. Very Gross! You can see fingerprints in the pan and lots of smudges.

I have returned all of these products.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • mberteig
    • hydee77
    • marydiva
    • weeeeweeeeeee