raaachelll14

HELP!!!

Opinion on Naked Basics Palette?

annypoo

Re: HELP!!!

(0) Hearts

Some people can use the palette alone to create a whole look, but for me personally only 3 colors really show up on me so I would need another palette to finish a look. I personally like the other naked palettes better, or even other travel size palettes like the LORAC pocket palette.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Not really a palette to use on it's own. It's more of a base for the Naked series. 

jozkid

(0) Hearts

I end up using it a ton. The colors go with everything, it's small and portable, you can build up the color to go from very natural to smokey,... When I'm in a hurry, this is my go-to.

btmod2

(0) Hearts

Hi raaachelll14,

I think it depends on what eyeshadow palettes you already own. I think if you do not own much eyeshadow, the Naked Basics palette is a great palette to start out with. It is also a great palette if you have a lot of shimmery neutral eyeshadows, but not many in the way of matte neutral eyeshadows, which always come in handy for blending your eyeshadow and creating a seamless look. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

Best,
Ty
jwilk241

(0) Hearts

I really like the colors it offers and the fact that they're matte so I can use it when I want a very minimal look. However, the shadows (especially "Faint") are difficult to blend out. I found it really odd since the Naked1 palette is super blendable.

sammiebaby

(0) Hearts

I really like the Naked Basics palette. I like that I can use it alone or with other palettes when I want depth without sparkles. You can create a nice number of looks with it but it stays in the nice basic everyday looks.

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

I like it the best out of all the Naked palettes but to be honest I really like the LORAC Pro Palette even better. 

xoxcrystal

(0) Hearts

i really love mine. i use it all the time whenever i want to do a simple matte eye. it's compact and travel friendly. 

ljp93

(0) Hearts

I have all of the Naked palettes and to be 100% honest I get the most use out of the Basics! I honestly use it every single day! The shade Faint is my go-to eyebrow powder and I can create a minimal or smokey eye using this palette alone! I love it! :smileyhappy:

NotCrocker

(0) Hearts

I love my Naked Basics for simple looks that add depth to my eyes. But, I've heard that on darker skin tones the light shades look chalky. I'd definitely suggest swatching it, if you get a chance. 

garnett

(0) Hearts

I love the Naked  Basics.  I have light skin and blue eyes and gives me a great basic look that makes my eyes pop and works well in any situation.  I use it alone or with other palettes or eye shadow singles.

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

It's ok.... It's exactly what it says- basic. I don't use it alone, but you could if you wanted to. I think it's a perfect base. 

mlmac

(0) Hearts

My opinion: LOVE!

I reach for this palette daily.  If I want a super neutral look or if I want a darker look these are great shades to have and it's so travel friendly. 

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I have all 4 Naked Palettes.  I don't typically use the Basics palette on its own, I use it with my other palettes.   However the set itself does create a really nice neutral eye.  Naked 2 & Faint are my 2 favorite matte brown shadows.  

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

I do use my Basics alone but I wanted to chime in here because I think the Basics really fills a gap in all of the other palettes. Basics, indeed, this provides a foundation to get a lot of mileage out of even one of the others. Matte shades where they are missing, blending shades where they are needed, darker shades where they are needed. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • marydiva
    • sammiebaby
    • ladymeag
    • mlmac
    • mrsbaine