thinhairgirl

Fragrance

(0) Hearts

I am looking for a fragrance that smells like lily of the valley.  Also, can someone suggest a fragrance that is long-lasting.  I put on a fragrance and it's gone in 60 seconds!!

emmaclaire

Re: Fragrance

(0) Hearts

Try Stella McCartney's L.I.L.Y.!  It's my favorite perfume, it has a lovely floral/lily scent that lasts without being cloying or heavy.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Lily of the Valley is by far my favorite flower & scent. I know some consider them weeds, but I love them. I freaked out on my boyfriend the other day when he was mowing the lawn since so they have decided to travel from the front garden into the front yard. He can mow the lawn all he wants AFTER they bloom & I pick them :smileywink: 

Guerlain used to have a Lily of the Valley fragrance that actually lasted swfupload_1232514752703416397.jpg

Of course they have a LE scent out right now that costs $575 called Muguet Eau de Toilette... 

I'm curious how the Hampton Sun smells http://www.sephora.com/privet-bloom-eau-de-parfum-P211038?skuId=1083625

brittieeee

(0) Hearts

Lily.png

Hi there! As it is not sold at Sephora, I cannot post the links, but Crabtree and Evelyn has a wonderful collection of Lily of the Valley perfume as well as a collection of soaps, lotions, creams, powder, etc. in the fragrance that I would suggest checking into. Although I don't personally own or use the perfume myself, my mother's favorite flower is Lily of the Valley, and I think Crabtree and Evelyn's Lily product line smells wonderful!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I've actually had the Dior Addict's Eau Frachie and it did not last on me at all it was probably gone an hour after I put it on . Chanel's Eau Frachie and Chanel's Tender and Dot by Marc Jacobs are all scents that last all day on me but everyone's body chemistry is different.

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The key with lighter note fragrances, especially light florals is fragrance layering. Create a fragrance wardrobe by layering products with the same scent or products with coordinating scents if a matching lotion, cream, powder, or shower gel isn't available.

Chloe Eau de Parfum opens with freesia and peony, and has middle notes of lily of the valley, magnolia, and rose, but also is weighted by some amber and vanilla, making it longer lasting as those are warmer notes.

A scent like this is light and airy to give you that soft, feminine floral feel, but also has the warmth at the end to prevent it from dying or trailing off too quickly.

Dior's Dior Addict Eau Fraiche mixes sparkling citrus notes or orange, grapefruit that reveal a floral body with freesia, lily of the valley and lotus, and ends with white musk for some depth but not as rich as traditional musk.

If you're looking for something that is strictly lily of the valley, try Demeter, which has an actually scent for that flower, Lily of the Valley.

Though Sephora doesn't carry it, if you visit Demeter's website it also offers lotions and shower gel.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • emmaclaire
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • brittieeee
    • thinhairgirl