ChicDabbler

Feedback regarding threads and hearts....

[ Edited ]

Heh, I just lost 40-50 hearts in the last 20 min, so either someone suddenly decided that they REALLY don't like me, or some threads I got really passionate on got deleted. Which reminded me of something:

- Can you please notify the original poster when a thread is closed or deleted? I know mods move threads around to appropriate sections, and recently have started to post a note about closed threads, but last time one of my thread was closed, it was done quietly and since I made the thread, I would like to be notified if it's closed.

- Can we/the poster please have the option to edit the title of the thread? I'm not sure how easy/difficult this would be, but it would be very much appreciated if we can have this option.

- Can we please please please have the subscription page somewhere obvious? It's almost impossible to find it. I subscribe to threads I'm interested in but it takes me ages to find the page where we manage our subscriptions. Perhaps put a little icon beside the PM on our side profile? or some link on our main profile page?

And the font color/size/ family still don't work. These options have been taunting me since the beginning of time. I would appreciate the option to make my posts pretty. Thanks!

ChicDabbler

Re: Feedback regarding threads and hearts....

It looks like the disappeared hearts are from users who asked for their account to be removed. Thank you ladies for giving me so many hearts! Sorry to see you go and good luck on whatever you decided to persue in real life. =(

*hug*

Missie772

What? Who is so mad at Beauty Talk and Sephora that they asked for their account to be removed???? Wow! I would just stop coming on and singing in... it seems rather dramatic to ask for the account to be removed!

ChicDabbler

Let's not judge. Some people may not feel comfortable leaving traces of themselves online for all/public internet to see (especially since some employers like to check online presence before hiring), some may feel uncomfortable/attacked by other posters (remember ppl sending you negative PMs for your perks thread?), and some may really be having problem with BeautyTalk (several of us Hall of Famers got warnings from the mod a while back, without telling us what we did wrong. I was so special I got warnings from 3 different mods. If I wasn't pacified in time I would've totally boycotted by having my account removed). There could be many reasons, we will never know. I'm sure the removal of hearts they have given is an unintentional side effect and not their goal in having their account removed. Let's just wish them well. Altho in general BeautyTalk/Rouge seems to be mishandled and sometimes not given enough thoughts, *sigh* I shall pray for Sephora to get it's mojo back.

Missie772

[ Edited ]

Sorry that came off wrong. I didn't mean it to sound like that. I was half joking and half surprised that people would ask to be completely deactivated. I never thought to get my entire account removed because of employers checking for online presence. I figured since I don't really use my real name, they can't know it is me! :smileyhappy: 

Yeah, there will always be mean people and that is why I thought they left. But I had no idea that so many people were having problems with Beauty Talk and getting warning from Mods! That is crazy. Especially since you got them without knowing what you did wrong... if that happened to me, I would have probably done the same thing!!!

I wish them well and I hope that they want to come back eventually! This is a great place and I hope they feel welcome back here soon.

anaa

I lost some too.  Sephora is becoming less and less appealing to me and I've been shopping here for a very long time.  Additionally I have been a participant on this board since it started I believe.  Whoever is running the show now is woefully incompetent and has turned it into a three ring circus.  Got the email today for the hideous "limited edition" lipstick for Rouges.  Really?  Last year we got the Pantone eye pallet as a surprise free gift just for posting on this board.  Amazing.

DTalksAll

Love your feedback/demands! Agree with ALL of them! I hate having to find my bookmarks all the way hidden somewhere in my profile. 

Anyone else having issues posting sephora products? I know a few days ago some of us couldn't reply- even for me in Chrome, after clearing my cookies, cache, history... I was still having issues. 

Today it seems like I can't add sephora products. 

Example: Link from Sephora, but no picture & direct link :smileysad: 

http://www.sephora.com/love-lacquer-reds-set-P383464?icid2=MAKEUP_Whats_New_CAROUSEL_P383464_link 

melde

The rich linking wasn't working for me in a thread I just posted either. :smileysad:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Oh I was just coming here to post that! Yup, rich link doesn't work for me either. It show a sephora progress bar when I paste the url but no picture. =(

And I lost another couple of hearts today. After all the problem ppl have with the wrong $$ to qualify for Rouge, I am doubting Sephora's ability to do math..... is it weird that website glitches annoy me more than the fact I lost hearts? lol, hi Sephora, I will give you 1000 hearts for each of the feedback you implement above, can haz pretty fonts?

DTalksAll

I don't really keep track of my hearts. I was talking with someone a few weeks ago and was like oooo I'm close to 4k, and then noticed a few days ago I hit it. Thanks for the heart party BTW! So if I lost 1000 I'd probably notice, but not 200. 

I really do wish our bookmarks wear easier to find, if that was the case I'd have more of them instead of constant open tabs in Chrome that never go away... I have a slight problem with Chrome tabs & windows :smileysad: 

And editing titles would be AMAZING!!!!!!! 

I hate when the move a thread, like if I make a post & they switch it to the Ask Question format & then you can't see replies unless you click on the box & it want's you to solve it. 

Yes, it's very frustrating when the mods close a thread & say it's solved, but don't respond with an an answer. It's not solved, it's just closed... 

Social media is not just for the positive, many people use social media to get more information and to voice their complaints. Censoring it only aggravates the customer more. The key to proper social media management is communication, accurate communication, something Sephora doesn't know how to do. The different departments have 0 communication with each other. When we don't get an accurate answer we get upset & take it out on the mods. It's not their fault, but they are the only people we can complain to. Corporate tells them to shut down threads, or delete FB posts, but don't give the proper information to them to inform us why. 

pipsqueek1582

Looks like I lost a few too! But I'm gonna give everyone here that lost them one to continue with their heart replacements! Kinda...sad...someone stole our hearts!

Candy357

I'm so sorry!! :smileysad:

bombshell30

Sorry beautytester! I think all of your ideas are good ones!!!

kalex

I noticed last night that I had lost hearts. I was in the 3330's and then I when I logged back in later I was in the 3320's.  I was wondering if I had angered someone inadvertently. 

When I just checked now I had 3333.  Neat-o!

Londonlover101

aw beautytester, im sorry this happened to you. but we all give our hearts to you <3 :smileyvery-happy:

glamglitters

I'm still a little new here, so I'm not really sure how this all works quite yet. Since we're on the topic what is the benefit of getting hearts?

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Nothing but a warm feeling in your heart, lol. It's like the "like" button on Facebook or upvote on some forums, but cumulative. The mod on the forum did offer some of us that had a couple thousand hearts a custom avatar as thanks for being a valuable member, but that was one time, don't expect it. It's something fun and means people like your posts (which is not to say that your unhearted posts are not appreciated, some people heart and other people prefer to say thankyou/talk instead).

melde

I never can tell how to keep track of threads I'm interested in and/or have posted in. I wish we could have notifications if someone replied to us/tagged us. Any sort of update in that direction would be really nice. :smileyhappy:

I feel rude asking a question, only to not reply if the person answers, or I'm sure sometimes people have asked me something, but I've never noticed. :smileysad:

Urbie

Sometimes I go back through my old comments and realize that I just left someone hanging w/o a reply to a comment for like, days or weeks- too long to go back and reply.  Wish that we'd get notified if someone "replies" to a comment!!

melde

Me too! I feel so bad when that happens!

ChicDabbler

Yes!! I wish we can be notified when we are tagged. I think there's that option in our setting, but I don't think it works. There has been occasions where I went back to an old thread on a whim days or even weeks later and realized that someone asked me something. =X

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 53 replies
  • 270 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • anaa
    • spoiledbrat
    • dianabt