cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Deciem's Ordinary Line??

Hi all!

I was curious if anyone else here uses the Ordinary by Deciem for their skin?? I would love to hear feedback on what is working, not working, or suggestions for better products.

I am currently using the Hyaluronic acid serum, the Niacinamide serum, Caffeine eye solution, and the Advanced Retinoid 2%.  Personally, I think they are very effective, especially for the price!

Re: Deciem's Ordinary Line??

I'm so happy with this line and the reasonable pricing. I started using a few of the products (Niacinimide + Zinc and Buffet) in my previous routine and couldn't really see the benefits, and still found myself breaking out. But then I decided to go all in and use the full acne-prone routine listed here: https://detailorientedbeauty.com/2017/06/29/the-ordinary-a-recommended-routine-for-every-skin-type/. So far it has really helped my skin bounce back from some bad acne! 

I love their AHA/BHA mask that they have. I use it twice to once a week and my skin is so clear its amazing. I also love the Niacinamide and the toner. They work great and the price cant be beat. I with the AHA/BHA mask was available at Sephora too because the shipping is so much faster then the Ordinary's.

Hi everyone!

This post has been moved from the Customer Support group to the Skincare Aware group so that the Community can provide the best answers possible 🙂 

Thank you for your awesome engagement!

I've been using the brand for a few weeks now and I was so confused at first but then I found these three blog posts that really helped so maybe they will help you too:

https://detailorientedbeauty.com/2017/09/19/the-ordinary-how-to-create-a-skincare-routine/

https://detailorientedbeauty.com/2017/06/29/the-ordinary-a-recommended-routine-for-every-skin-type/

https://detailorientedbeauty.com/2017/06/11/the-ordinary-the-complete-27-product-review/

The first post was the most helpful because I had no idea how to use the stuff in a routine and then the recommendations have so far been working well.

Can I bump this thread? Anyone else have experience with the brand?

I have never used a retinol except for in naturally occurring form (honest beauty eye cream, INSANELY potent, has given me redness on occasion but I persist because that affect is rare and the overall impact is extreme) but I want to try the 2% from this brand. 

Any thoughts or tips?

I've used the 2% retinoid a few times since I got it recently and I haven't had any negative side effects!

I've been using the Hyaluronic Acid serum for about a month. It's fine. That's about all I'd rate it. The price is fabulous obviously but I'm not seeing amazing results. I loved the Skin Inc Hyaluronic Acid but it's very pricey. I was hoping for similar results but I'm not really experiencing that so far. I seem to be the only one who finds the brand to be so-so - so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt!

I've been using their Niacinamide 10%, HA, and Alpha Arbutin 2% for several months now and I love them. I personally haven't noticed any dramatic differences but every time my mom sees me without makeup she compliments me on how much my skin has improved. They're also pretty gentle and a joy to apply. I feel like my skin texture has definitely improved and I've noticed a difference in brightness in the morning (I use the serums at night).

What hasn't worked for me is their Vitamin C suspension/serum (L-ascorbic acid) in the tube. It's unpleasant to apply (gritty) and it stings pretty badly, unlike the other vitamin C serums I've tried. I used it a few times and I couldn't take it after that. 

I recently started trying "The Buffet" for my undereyes, like Gothamista (YouTube) suggested! She actually uploaded a two part review on her experience with The Ordinary recently and I find her reviews very thorough and helpful.  

I think you were using the Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%.  I agree it is gritty and can sting.  I thought it was effective but it was unpleasant.  The Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone is far better.  I also use the Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F  when I think my skin is a little dry to cope with the Vitamin C Suspension.  

I'll definitely check out her youtube review!

I've had the same experience with brightening and better texture.  I've read reviews about their vit c suspension and they haven't been great, so I decided not to buy it.  I just ordered the "buffet" though! I'm excited to try it!

@rae1993 have you been seeing improvements when you're using the "buffet" ??

I just ordered the advanced retinoid when I saw it was back in stock today. I was also eyeing the two serums you are using but thought i'd start with the retinoid cream to see effects of that on it's own and not overwhelm my skin.  How are you finding the combo you are using. I'm excited to give this a try.

I think there is definitely a small purging period after starting the retinoid.  It's pushing out everything already formed under the skin (I'm currently and hopefully ending that right now).  The rest of my skin though is definitely seeing an improvement. The texture is slowly getting better and my skin is brighter.

As for the Hyaluronic, it has definitely helped hydrate my skin.  It was dry and dehydrated, so if that is a problem for you, I recommend using this in combination with your moisturizer.  It's really mild. I don't think it will irritate your skin (mine is sensitive too!).

The niacinamide and zinc is not great for preventing blemishes, but I think is really helps heal them and prevents more extensive hyperpigmentation.  I think it's helped start the healing process for red marks left over from other blemishes.

However, I cannot necessarily pinpoint what each one does for my skin since the combo definitely has plumped up, brighten, and helped smooth out some texture! I hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing