Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Birthday shopping spree!!!

$300 budget. What makeup should I get????? comment your holy grails

Anonymous Insider

Re: Birthday shopping spree!!!

ZOMG I would drop my cash on:

1. some Marc Jacobs lipsticks - the Le Marc lipsticks are such a wonderful texture, they last well, and look great.

2. some Kat von D Liquid lipsticks - less comfortable than creams, in my opinion, but super long lasting, and very bold colors. (Bow & Arrow seems to suit everyone, so I'd recommend that color in particular)

3. I LOVE the texture of Tarte's amazonian clay eyeshadow pallets

4. Smashbox have released a really nice line of eyeshadows -the Cover Shot shadows are wonderful! I have Bold and Smoky, I love them both, and I'm dying to get my hands on Ablaze

5. Get yourself some nice brushes! A good set with a case is always great - MAC or Zoeva have some lovely sets that come with a case...

6. I also tend to mix my foundation - I've found that wearing Prime Time primer from bareMinerals under Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12 hours Full Coverage, and overlayed with bareMinerals Original Foundation keeps my skin looking great and keeps it protected from the sun all day, so I'd stock up on those, too...

7. Urban Decay Electric pallet has been my FAVORITE for years. 10/10 recommend it if you like bold colors. I also tone that down by mixing it with Kat von D's Metal Matte pallet (e.g. using lighter KvD colors as base and blending them with the bright UD shades). So much room for creativity and fun in those two pallets!

I agree on the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème lipsticks, they are amazing.  I have Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Je t'aime, and Boy Gorgeus and they are three amazing colours. One of them for $30

Additionally, I would recommend buying the things that have proven to stay put in my heavy rotation make up bag:

• A good foundation brush (I use Sephora PRO Airbrush #55 and it's changed my life) - $34
  • Cinema Secret's brush cleanser (easy and fast to use and will keep your brushes clean which is important to avoid bacteria growth) and tin $24 + $6
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation for "big days".  Full coverage and great wear, I never let myself run out of it. $39.50
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer Pore minimizing  - apply to t-zone before foundation and it will help extend its lifetime a lot, and smooth over the pores - $39
  • IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50 - for those days when you're going to be in the sun but you need make up, and bonus points this will not make your skin oily slick like most sunscreens would do under a normal foundation, and you skip one step! - $38
  • Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Tinted Lash Primer or Roller Lash Curling and Lifting Mascara or They're Real Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara, or all three of them like I do, I usually wear the They're Real primer as a first layer + Roller Lash for every day, and I add up a layer of They're Real mascara for going out.  I'm a mascara junkie, have tried gazillions of them, and always come back to these.  If I had to pick only one it would be the They're Real mascara in black. The three of them are priced the same, $24
  • Anastacia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz pencil - for natural filling of small bald spots in eyebrows and for subtly perfecting your shape, it can't be beat, and for me it's lasting forever - $21
  • Too cool for school Dinoplatz dear Brachiosaurus blotting paper - great for carrying in your purse, dirt cheap and it includes a mirror! - $8
  • To top it off, Yves Saint Laurent Vinyl Cream Lip Stain - completely different texture to the Marc Jacobs lipstick, for variety, but also a great product.  The shine may fade a bit although it stays quite long, and the stain left is definitely longwear - $36

TOTAL - $299.5  

Let us know what you bought in the end!

By the way I didn't include any eye shadow palettes because I tend to think we all have too many, but if you don't, I'd swap the YSL Vinyl Lip Cream for one of the Urban Decay Naked (my personal favourite is the original).

Otherwise the new Sephora Mixology palette seems amazing (I'm awaiting delivery) or the Too faced Sweet Peach.

I'd wait for the sale coming up in a few weeks so you can get 15% off too!

Is it bad if I send you my wish list? 😄 

KVD Liquid Lipsticks

ABH Glow Kits or Becca Highlights (they're both so beautiful, I would just do both 😉 )

KVD Tattoo Liner

Burberry Cat Lashes Mascara 

Sephora PRO Brushes (they're all amazing!)

Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser (or the Exfolikate daily cleanser is also amazing)

Sephora Collection Matte Lip Stains

NARS Blushes (Orgasm is a classic and looks great on everyone!)

NARS Creamy Concealer

Estee Lauder Double Wear

ABH Modern Renaissance

Becca First Light Filter Face Primer

There's so much more I could recommend, but these are some of my favorite. 🙂 

XOXO,
Marieke

TF Better Than Sex mascara

NARS Deep Throat Blush

TF Chocolate Soleil Bronzer/NARS Laguna

Sephora Pro Brush #19 Tapered Crease

NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base

the Stila Glitter & Glow shadows... I need them all.

Sephora Matte Lip Cream Stains

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

Jack Black lip balm

Bite Beauty anything... I really want to try out the lip pencils but essentially the entire line is flawless

Some of my favourite products:

Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

Kat von D Alchemist Palette

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation

Also totally agree with Nars blush

Happy birthday and have fun on your shopping spree!

RMS Living Luminizer 

Nars Lip Glides 

Givenchy Le Rouge lipsticks

Too Faced Chocolate Bar (I have and love Semisweet) or Sweet Peach palette 

Guerlain mascara and Meteorites 

Nars Tinted Moisturizer 

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner 

Nars blushes (one of the blush palettes!)

Anastasia eyeshadows (is the Modern Renaissance palette still around?)

Sephora Collection foot masks 

Skincare (I'm partial to Ole Henriksen and Farmacy)

Have fun shopping and, of course, happy birthday!

I second the Too Faced Chocolate Bar (original)! I also really love the Sweet Peach palette and the collection in general (minus glosses).

Others: ABH Glow kits, NARS blushes, KVD liquid lipsticks! Hope you have fun on your shopping spree 😄

Bite lipsticks, Too Faced Chocolate Bar palettes, Becca highlighters, NARS or Too Faced blush, NARS concealer, IT Cosmetics or Lancome foundation, Josie Maran skin/body care. 

MJ Liquid Lip Cremes in Yours to Try, Fawn Over Me, and Hot Cocoa! 🙂 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing