yanayellow
Accepted Solution

Beauty profile "titles"

Hey I'm not sure if this question is answered anywhere but I've tried looking for it with no luck. What determines those titles that everyone has like "SCENE QUEEN" or "BEAUTY BUFF" or "SPECIAL GUEST"... what makes anyone any of those? I was something like 'SCENE QUEEN" once and now I'm a "BEAUTY RESIDENT"... There are so many titles that I don't know which is better or worse per se. Is it simply the number of questions you answer? Or what? Why isn't there some kind of page which lists all of the titles and what they mean because they seem kind of random to me.

kraezilyunique

Re: Beauty profile "titles"

[ Edited ]

I don't know how the titles usually progress, but here's how I've seen mine change (not too many changes since I'm fairly new to BT):

Newcomer

Beauty Maven

Beauty Buff

Beauty Whiz

Beauty Savant

I do wish they had a page to see how to change your title and what each one means! :smileyhappy:

bndida

(0) Hearts

I love that someone posted about this.  Idk how but I had two Sephora profiles (but one BI card? Weird) so under my old account I had the "scene queen" title which was cool, now i'm just a newbie.  lol  

darcypennel

(0) Hearts

I'm new to the forum and am confused as well, what are the rankings? 

beautygeek97

Thanks so much for asking this! I didn't get it either!! :smileyhappy:

<3 beautygeek97

katie723

Whenever I see "BEAUTY BOSS" next to my name, I start cracking up! I love it :smileyhappy: I think I would stick with that one if I could :smileytongue:

nursetre

Hope this helps! :smileywink:   This is from the Ask the Experts section.

The levels for Beauty Talk depends on the amount of activity you do in our online community such as giving hearts, posting and replying to questions and interacting. This allows you to be surprised at the new titles you get such as "Newcomer" for a user who just started and "Beauty Master" for a user who has been posting for awhile.

tiffanybt

Thanks for posting nursetre! Your description of Beauty profile "titles" was on point. I'm sure all newcomers to Beauty Talk will appreciate this thread. :smileywink:

lilkimmy

I thought there was no method to the titles, however I recently took a trip to NYC (I live in California) while I was there I had to at least make one purchase from the times square Sephora (it's two stories) when I returned home I noticed my title changed from "scene Queen" to "Sight Seer" now my title has changed to "Beauty Resident" so Now I think it has to do with your activity on here and purchases made. If not what a weird coincidence.
katimae

I know it must have to do with money spent also b/c when I joined I had a much higher ranking than alot of others, but I was instintly a vib too.

melalah

I'm going to add that the ranks kind of confuse me hahaha!  When Beauty Talk first launched I was really active and the top poster. Then I got extremely busy (distracted) and logged in maybe once every couple of weeks and even though my posts were no longer active and I was no longer getting hearts (since I was no longer actively posting) my rank kept changing anyway. 

So while all the points everyone made I totally agree with, my own rank changing always baffled me, lol. I do come on here from time to time and read posts :smileyhappy: and enjoy seeing new tips/products people are enjoying or not enjoying! I have a lot of love and respect for you lovelies and the mods and how sweet this community is! 

I'm glad you asked this question and that those of you who answered said what you did becuase it helps me understand more too haha! 

officegal

@melalah That's so funny about the rank changing without you posting! I guess it's more about seniority than hearts or posting frequency then??? But that also doesn't make sense since I distinctly recall you being here before me and super active, too. (Btw, nice to see you again - your good advice has been missed!)

jadorezrg

[ Edited ]

The various titles that are shown underneath usernames depend on your participation on this board. The more often you reply to the questions or add on questions for discussions on the board then your title will change.

Don't quote me on Ranking of the following Beauty Talk titles (these are the ones that I've seen on the board):

New Comer, Fresh Face, Sight Seer, Rising Star, Special Guest, Curartor, Ambassador, Scene Queen, Beauty Resident, Beauty Celeb,  Beauty Buff, Beauty Maven, Beauty Guru, Beauty Whiz, and Beauty Savant

According to a past post that had a similar question to yours, One of the moderators said that this was just a fun thing to add on to the board. There's really no point to the titles other than being a fun way to show your participation. They didn't specifically explain the titles and rankings, I just drew my own conclusion of ranking with the paragraph above this.

officegal

(0) Hearts

jadorezrg wrote:

Don't quote me on Ranking of the following Beauty Talk titles (these are the ones that I've seen on the board):

New Comer, Fresh Face, Sight Seer, Rising Star, Special Guest, Curartor, Ambassador, Scene Queen, Beauty Resident, Beauty Celeb,  Beauty Buff, Beauty Maven, Beauty Guru, Beauty Whiz, and Beauty Savant

I noticed that some of us are now "Beauty Masters".  LOL - I wonder how many titles they came up with and whether we're going to run out eventually? What's next? Beauty Goddess?

tenngal

The titles change according to how many questions you ask and answer.  There are a lot of titles and they will continue to change as you ask and answer questions.  None of the titles mean anything bad.  So far I haven't been able to figure out what order the titles are given, etc., but like I said none of them are bad so it's nothing to worry about.

:smileyhappy:

tenngal

(0) Hearts

Another way to tell if someone is more experienced on Beauty Talk is to look at the number of "hearts" they've received asking and answering questions which is located in parenthesis under the name and title.

:smileyhappy:

yanayellow

Yeah I kind of figured that much, and I didnt mean actually bad haha I just meant which is a higher rank than another, so I can never tell if someone who is responding to me is very experienced answering questions or not because what is a guru vs. a scene queen! Its kind of a ridiculous system, I mean I like seeing the names, i just wish they had a fun page with all of them listed and stuff =)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 53 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • melalah
    • tenngal
    • officegal
    • jadorezrg
    • yanayellow
    • nursetre