kimmi1115

BT Views on Different Browsers and Computers

[ Edited ]

I was wondering if anyone noticed how BT looks and functions on different browsers and computers?

At home, I use a Toshiba Satellite laptop (can't recall model number and whatnot), and I primarily use Google Chrome. My online classes load all weird with Internet Explorer. With those two, BT looks great and functions correctly.

However, on campus is a different story. Most of the computers are Dells (*sigh*/no offense) and there are some Macs here and there. On the Dells, I have to use Internet Explorer. Google Chrome is an option, but it requires you to set up your profile and whatnot. BT looks out of line, and I cannot directly reply to responses. I'm willing to bet it's the browser, but I'm just curious if others are having similar issues.

Here's a screenshot of the BT screen on campus.  Well, there was supposed to be a screenshot.  I uploaded it, or so I thought, but apparently IE does not like it.

kimmi1115

Re: BT Views on Different Browsers and Computers

(0) Hearts

Congrats on staying strong on your no-buy!  I don't blame you for not wanting to spend the money on a new OS since everything else is still working.  

prettyinpa

I have trouble with all browsers on my older MacBook. Camino works best, but some of the type in posts overlaps, so I can't read them. Plus I am still unable to add pictures to my posts and some days I actually have trouble viewing Sephora.com. Of course, since I am on no-buy, that actually is a blessing these days.

Safari works better for Sephora.com, but not so well for BT. My OS is really old and since other sites work fine, I'm not going to spend money to get a more modern OS, I'd rather spend it on makeup! (After the end of the month, I'm holding strong!)

Kiki1517

I use Chrome, hardly ever use IE unless forced too. Reaaaaally wish they would get a mobile app as I can't view on my phone either, always tells me "too many redirects" (on Android)!

ChicDabbler

Hmm, I just skipped the setting up profile step for chrome (I dont trust Google with my data) and it looks fine. It looks the same in firefox/chrome on my Dell or sefari on my ipad,  but I wouldnt be surprised since you do need a lot of fussy code to formally define/restrict things inorder for the same webpage to look the same on different browser. And its buggy on my android phone, where it displays 3 sets of login boxes on the login page and none of them works, lol.

kimmi1115

BT is weird on my iPhone, too.  When I try to login to see if I can post, it always takes me back to Sephora's main page.  Once, it took me to a page that was laid out just like the app.  

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Same here.  I can go to the BT page just to read posts, but I can't reply to them.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • kimmi1115
    • triciaann12
    • ChicDabbler
    • Kiki1517