Any Canadians out there?

LouLouR

Any Canadians out there?

If so how do you feel about this duty we are being charged? Anyone still buying? Do we have any options?

kenny

Re: Any Canadians out there?

I have avoided shopping at Sephora all together and have been looking into other options like Shopper's Drug Mart, the Bay and local boutiques. I get treated way better, get lots of samples and GWP, and the rewards programs/ discounts are much better. 

deannarp

(0) Hearts

Me too! After looking around at the Canadian options, I can't believe I've been chasing one stupid delux sample per order with 35$ purchase, or 100 pt perk. We have seen what $100 gets us, now I'm spoiled. No little promo from sephora will satisfy me now.

daeidre

(0) Hearts

I get a bit annoyed about the whole "oh, you should just buy in store" thing for two reasons:
1) My local Sephora isn't very big, so they don't have a huge variety of brands. I can't get FAB, YSL, Bobbi Brown, and others. The next store is an hour's drive, or twice that plus some on the bus (and the bus costs me nearly $30 return). My only way to access many of these brands is shopping online.

2) Sephora doesn't have an order in-store option/store transfer system like many brands do. If I could just get what I wanted sent from a different location, I'd be happy to do that.

It hardly seems worth it to pay duties, have to contact a mod to adjust my points, and wait for things to arrive, although the online promos etc. are pretty tempting sometimes! I still shop in-store faithfully. I've rarely had a bad experience at any store, and I love being able to wander in, wander around, test stuff out and get a (fairly) unbiased opinion on a variety of brands unlike at department store counters.

ivyxox

I just PMed a mod about this situation (overcharged tax and additional duty), the mod recommends me to purchase products in store. I also notice some products are cheaper in store too, Givenchy le rouge retails at $36 at my local store and $38 online. A perfume ( I don't recall the brand) is $100 in store and $115 online.

Have to say it is a "clever"way to draw all Canadian customers to the store or not shop at Sephora at all.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 34 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • melanito
    • veronika23
    • MysticalAngel
    • CrystalCandy