roxystar4

6th Order This Month

[ Edited ]

I know that some of the moderators & others have expressed their not-so-favorable thoughts about the Promo code thread but I want to say, it has gotten me to place 6 orders this month (May 28th- June 6th, not even a month).  It was not the promos on the official website (not impressed) but the promos all you lovely ladies found and posted.  

I know I cannot speak for everyone (although I have seen several girls post that they made extra orders because of the promos), but I know for myself, I would have been a lot stingier if it hadn't been for the amazing codes.  I would have placed one order this month (for the Bite items).  The rest of my orders were all because of the promos (I bought a bunch of stuff on my heart list- I could have bought those items within a 6 month stretch or during a 15% off week).

Ultimately isn't this what's most important for/to Sephora (making customers happy and having them spend money on their items?) It shouldn't matter if they use an older promo code; I am spending lots of money at your store :smileyhappy: Also, if a promo is gone, I think it would be excellent customer service if someone from Sephora would contact the buyer (who is probably spending $50+ on their order) and ask if they would like a different promo. 

I know some of you may not agree with me, but this has been on my heart. I'm not trying to be mean, rude, ungrateful, or anything like that. I think that customer service, keeping customers happy (especially people who drop hundreds of dollars at your store), and being positive when representing a company is really important.

gongju87

Re: 6th Order This Month

:smileysad: the thread doesnt work for me!

mertzy1983

Thank you!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Does that link work for you? Can you see that board?

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts
mertzy1983

Hello! Where can I find the promo code thread?

annonymous1

i really agree with you, i must have placed at least 10, i've already gotten 3 KVD full sized lipsticks, hand cream, perfume, mascara, skin cream. it makes me so happy placing orders then receiving something for free, but being a vib i really wish they would allow us two promo codes per order! 

not even in a stingy way, but i have over 800 points on this website, i would like to be able to use two promo codes 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Whaaaat there were full sized KVD lipsticks as a promo?!?!  Where was I?!

beautylovingirl

I see both sides but I feel like the codes are big excitement and everyone is always so thankful for the codes and the work it's just my opinion that I think the codes are great for everyone!

beautylovingirl

I must've missed this why would anyone at all have a problem with the promo code thread when it does nothing but benefit everyone on here and I personally appreciate all the hard work that the girls who did it have done.

rikkie

Like Diana said below, the problem comes when there is an issue and someone doesn't get the item they used a code for or there was a substitution or whatever. It's not like they have someone changing the codes by hand in their systems and I'm sure we have all had issues when a computer is saying one thing and it is totally not the case. (Like when your printer claims it's out of ink and refuses to print even if you can see ink in there! Gahhh!)

They just don't want to see anyone have problems and people can get really disappointed about a missing item and blame Sephora even if Sephora was making no advertised claim the item was available and may not have known there was a system issue. I try to be sure to let everyone know if there is any doubt about a code and definitely don't want anyone to have issues either, Sephora and I are definitely on the same page there. :smileyhappy: As far as I see they just want everyone to get their orders properly.

whigrose

(0) Hearts

Rikkie--I ordered a 100 point perk just after they announced it (supposedly Dior Kiss) but it turned out to be a different color which I already had sampled and did not care for as it was too orangey for me. So mistakes don't just happen based on old codes; sometimes the mistakes happen based on new promo codes or perks. I was lucky (which, now that I think of it, seems like it might have been the name of the color I got, lol!). Anyway, they credited me back my 100 points, so no harm, no foul. I do understand those concerns, but knock wood I have had decent luck with the computer telling me if a sample/promo/perk was in stock or out of stock most of the time. Plus, Sephora could do us a big favor and keep a longer list of in stock codes themselves. After all, they really don't want to keep samples in stock as they would rather see them go to the people that want them, who might be convinced to buy the full size later on. And yes, like the OP, I too have placed orders when motivated by a promo code and/or point perk. So I really look at the list as more favorable than unfavorable. Of course, I was searching for the list itself when I stumbled across this thread. So thanks to the person who posted the link for me. Yah! Heather

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

@rikkie  you make some great points! This is an older post though and I feel like the moderator addressed this issue. Remember when people were super excited about the promos and every few posts it seemed like a moderator would post that the items were not guaranteed. I was just sharing my frustration with that- esp since many of us purchased items that we may not have at that time, if a certain promo wasnt available. The mod made it clear to me that we can always call or check with them to make sure something is available- WHEW!

I just imagined buying $50 worth of products, putting in VIBAMORE in for promo code and getting a small Sephora brand primer in the mail instead.

rikkie

Yeah, I definitely agree with you! And seeing some people get a full size Origins moisturizer like one code was for and someone else getting a mini mini sample size, not cool. I'm happy that Diana said they were checking in to their system so it would hopefully be more reliable about what is and isn't in stock, and I think it has been pretty good lately and we've seen fewer people with problems.

inmm

I've also placed many orders in the past week because of the codes!

However, I wish I could have placed just one order. PLEASE let us apply multiple codes to an order. A $25-49.99 order would allow one code, a $50-74.99 order would allow two codes, etc.

The employees at the Sephora warehouse would appreciate it too, I'm sure!

sephoramusthave

I don't order online because I have many a Sephoras in my area so I don't do codes/promos etc but I was really excited that I got 2 sample packets at checkout a couple of days ago (I bought 3 bottles of the KVD tattoo lock it foundation)

starletta8

I love this thread and totally agree.

i was on a no-buy and the number of amazing codes helped to push me over into buying!

dianabt

[ Edited ]

Hi RoxyStar4, 

I entirely understand what you mean. It's not that we think the promo thread is a bad idea or using older codes is bad, it's that we personally do not have control over their availability online as we have hundreds if not thousands of codes that are used- some run out faster than others, some are put back up due to a system error and many are limited times only. If any are available you can absolutely use them!  We encourage you all to add and use promo codes when you can but with the older ones we just cannot guarantee as they can sometimes be reactivated in error or not be available. We hope to soon have this updated in our system to reflect their status during checkout more accurately. 

That being said, any of us mods would be happy to check for you if you wish to use a specific one or if you have questions about one you would like to use! We do want our client's happy and love helping you all out- we just have only so much that our team can do and have control over. I'm definitely going to forward your feedback to our promotions and Beauty Insider team and appreciate you taking the time to share with us.

Please feel free to message any of us at any time for any questions or concerns you may have- we're help to help! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
roxystar4

[ Edited ]

Diana, thank you for the thoughtful response. I'm really glad to know that I can always ask you/other mods about a promo.  

And also thank you for sending the info along to other departments. I included the sentence about the contacting a buyer if a promo is gone because I felt that a simple 1 min call could save some negative PR/an unhappy customer from leaving and not spending $$$$ at Sephora anymore, but choosing Ulta, beauty dot com or other retailers. 

I just felt that the codes were being heavily discouraged - yet it was bringing so much joy to me & so many other BT users.  (even though it was/is draining my wallet! LOL). Literal joy- like dancing when getting my boxes from UPS.

Thank you again Diana & I hope you have a great weekend

dianabt

No problem, all of us mods love ordering online and getting our free promos too so we know how you feel :smileyhappy:

You're welcome to use them and check with us if you need to, I just would hate for more people to open an order and find the code was not included because it was out of stock but not updated. :smileysad:  Your feedback is very important and I want to share what our clients would like-Those requests help us improve and be better for everyone. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
dianabt

I really liked the VIB Amore Pacific mini set but another favorite is always the Skincare sampler bags, mini perfumes or the Origins promos- I love Origins skincare! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • whigrose
    • annonymous1
    • dianabt