amynadinexo

what are your favorite drug store products?

What products have you been loving lately from drug stores or stores like sally's beauty supply! I honestly can never find anything worth loving :smileysad:

Oh! & I am going to Adventure Land next week with my boyfriend and I don't have time to place a sephora order so I might have to take a drive to the nearest Ulta. I need to get something that will control oil and keep my makeup in place for as long as possible. I have problems keeping my makeup in place just doing stuff around the yard :/ any idea's on what I should pick up??  Thanks in advance! <3

starletta8

Re: what are your favorite drug store products?

(0) Hearts

Just Boots 4 in 1 makeup remover wipes. I find them to be better than the high-end makeup wipes for sure...

carolang

(0) Hearts

Maybelline The Flasies (original, haven't tried the flared or the one with the Lacey look on the bottle). It is replacing my Guerlain maxi lash - makes my lashes look longer and more separated (but not as individual - so kind of like falsies!). I also like the color whispers. I'm generally a make up snob but currently testing out some drugstore cult favorites (and who wants to spend $30 on mascara?) and I am pleasantly surprised! I'm going to try NUX pigments and lip liners next, maybe the Neutrogena Healthy Mix foundation too. Great thread!

michmo

(0) Hearts

I recently started using NYX Slide On Eyeliner.  (it is like $8.) Although not technically drugstore you can get it on amazon or ulta.  It really does stay the day and I love how many shades they have.  

Also I just picked up a Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Corrector for undereyes.  I use it under my erase paste.  It is yellow toned, and works great.  I wasn't getting enough coverage from the erase paste, but combined it is perfect!

michmo

(0) Hearts

Oh and I thought of one more.  From Target I love the Sonia Kashuk blushes.  

mkupgk

Mostly by maybelline or revlon lol

lolo01

(0) Hearts

My ALL time favorites that Ive been buying for years are the Almay eye makeup remover pads . (The oil-free ones) cheap and work the best :smileyhappy:

tashalicious

i've been using Noxema to clean my face since i was a kid, i love the tingling feeling and the fact that it doesn't dry my skin out. i heard that its also great for sun burns.

missjr

Oh, my goodness!  I remember my grandmother and mother using Noxema for years.  This was back when Noxema came in those big glass jars.  When I was a teenager I used it also and loved that tingly feel.  It's great for removing makeup and doesn't dry out your skin.

pinkonyx

Sally's Beauty Supply has a few good items. PRIMER: its by "claudia stevens" its 5 dollars, but awesome. FOR HAIR: the "one and only" Argan hair care line is great! MAKEUP: the "femme couture" mineral loose powder is comparable to Bare Minerals. and the "femme couture"e lipsticks are great.

From a regular drug store, I like the "yes to carrots"  skin care line. CVS sell a line of make up called "physicians formula", that makes good quality make up.

Specifically for your oil problem, there is a line they sell at target call botanics they make an oil control line that is good.

bananachoox3

To help keep your makeup staying in place and keeping oils i control, try using a mattifying primer underneath your foundation. If you happened to have a good foundation use it, if not then at Ulta I could think of getting Revlon Colorstay foundation or Tarte's 12 hour foundation. I would also using a setting powder on top like Tarte's smooth operator and finishing it up with UD De Slick. I like to bring blotting sheets with me just in case I needed to touch up.

roxystar4

Eyes:
☆ Elf brow kit in medium
☆ Maybelline Lash discovery mini brush water proof mascara (for lashes under my eyes- tiny brush and since it is waterproof no smudging)
☆ Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips eyeliners (NOT the khol liner)
☆ Wet and Wild Color Icon Trios and 8 pan palettes (comfort zone)
☆ Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Nude (for inner rim)

Some people rave about Jordana Fabuliner but this didnt work for me- it smudged all over my eyes while my Lorac & sephora brands stay put for longer.

Blush/Bronzers-
☆ Elf blush in candid coral
☆ Elf small stippling brush- LOVE THIS!
☆ NYC bronzer in Sunny
☆ Wet & Wild "bronzer" in Reserve Your Cabana (this is so light on me I sometimes use it to set my foundation!)

Foundations-
☆ Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation
☆ Elf Studio HD finishing powder

Under eye Concealers-
☆ Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer in radiant
☆ Garnier Anti-dark-circle roller - sheer tint

Spot/Blemish Concealer-

Blemish Concealer-
☆ Hard Candy Glamoflauge - these run really light. I am a Light Medium in this

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

I'm crazy about NYX eye shadow pigments. They're great quality, come in gorgeous colors, and are very inexpensive. And what's more, from time to time, Ulta has "buy 1 get 1 50% off" for NYX. 

drrragon

The mascara I rely on for long work days is L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty tubes.  Practically everything else I've tried gives me raccoon eyes so this one's definitely a keeper.  Hard Candy Glamoflage is a good concealer that I use for blemishes.  NYX has a ton of awesome stuff, I love their blush, lip gloss, single eyeshadows.  Really like Maybelline's Color Sensational lipstick formula and Wet 'n Wild Wild Shine.

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

Ulta carries Urban Decay products, so I'd suggest picking up one of their setting sprays if you want to give your makeup some longevity.  I'm partial to All-Nighter.

As far as drug store products go, I've been loving the Yes to Grapefruit Brightening Towelettes.  I go camping with my family a lot over the summer, so there's always the question of how to manage foregoing my usual skincare routine without my face freaking out.  The Brightening Towelettes have been a fantastic stand-in product when I can't use running water.  No extra breakouts!

laurabt

[ Edited ]

I am a chap stick addict, and not just any chap stick, it has to be Carmex cherry flavor in the stick form.  I honestly have one in every purse, next to my bed, at my desk, at my bf's house, and sometimes I find extras in a jacket pocket I haven't worn in awhile. It makes me happy when they have a buy 1 get 1 free at Walgreens! :smileyhappy: -Laura

missjr

I have always loved the Neutrogena Rainbath Bath and Shower Gel, as well as the body oil, which is very light.  The best way to use the oil is to put it on while your body is still damp; it absorbs immediately, locks in moisture and doesn't clash with your perfume.

I also love the Palmers Cocoa Butter and my current love is the Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer in Cocoa Radiant. 

For nails, you can't go wrong with Sally Hansen and Revlon.  Both lines have a wide range of shades, as well as base coats, top coats, cuticle oils and other items to strengthen nails.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

St. Ives lotion (used on my feet when my hubby is kind enough to rub my tired nurse feet) and Cover Girl LashBlast mascara.  I'm actually excited about Fall already because it'll be time to switch to a new tube of mascara, and that's gonna be the one again!

janinebt

My fav is Neutrogena's Rainbath shower gel. I have extremely sensitive eczema prone skin. One of the greatest dermatologists I've ever had (unfortunately he has since retired) recommended it to minimize my flare-ups. It smells rather masculine...a sweet almost musk-like scent...but works SO well. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
amynadinexo

(0) Hearts

I'm definitely going to try it! I also have eczema, on my elbows and arms :smileysad: its so uncomfortable sometimes. Hopefully this will help! Thank you for recommending it :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Oooooooooooh, "Rainbath"!  That just makes me want to go take a shower?  Even at 6am for work!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • dolceloure
    • roxystar4
    • missjr