amynadinexo

questions for the girls who live in the south!

I've noticed every time I receive an order, how warm or even hot some of the products are! It makes me nervous to order certain products because of it. I've been wanting to order a new lipstick but I'm scared it will melt before it gets to me! Has this ever happened to you? I would just go to a sephora but the nearest store is like 2/3 hours away! :smileysad:

dolceloure

Re: questions for the girls who live in the south!

(0) Hearts

Uh oh, I'm moving to the south next month!! :smileysurprised: I've lived in Missouri and California and have had shipments come in hot weather, but don't remember having any issues though. Hopefully it will continue to not be an issue!

Not sure if you live in an apt or house, but do you have anything at your entrance (like awnings, a bench etc) where the delivery person can leave your package in the shade? I had an A/C unit and the outer part protruded outside by the entrance of my apt, so my UPS guy always left my packages under the A/C to shield it from heat/rain. If you have some kind of built in shade, you can leave a note for them and ask them to leave deliveries there.

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

Yes! I live in Florida so I can understand u being nervous..but i have found that even if the sun has been baking on them for a long time, this does not change color or consistency as long as its still packed in the box :smileyhappy:

naseller

yes, heat DOES affect the integrity of beauty products. no more hot weather sephora orders for me. i will be returning this order, the scent is off.

naseller

(0) Hearts

i live in dallas and my UPS just got here at 7pm. All my products are HOT, not warm, but HOT. The hand lotion is runny and smells funny.  The cream is separated on the body butter. What a pain.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I know exactly what you mean I've ordered lipstick and stuff in the summer and surprisingly it came to me just fine but the package was really warm when I got it and I was scared to open it thinking I would have a tube with a melted glob of color but like I said it was fine.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Nope, not me.  You might want to contact your local/zip code post office and ask who to talk with about your shipments and the quality they've been in.  Sounds like they're sitting in a truck somewhere...

DesertRose0706

i live in Arizona and always have the same concern, but I haven't yet had any issues.  It gets to be 100 degrees plus here and i've received packages where the products are warm, but they never seem to be damaged/melted.  I am waiting for an order that includes the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, so we will see how that one holds up!

Spyski

I feel ya. I live close to New Orleans, and I'm waiting for Monday to roll around to actually return one of Fresh's lip treatments. I received the package in hand, but I think it had something to do with sitting in the UPS truck all day before arriving to my house. I'm usually the last stop on the route for the day which is unfortunate and maybe had something to do with the product melting. Uh, I hope yours isn't damaged!

starletta8

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do with UPS.  If you're at the end of the route, you're just SOL- so I've learned.

starletta8

You should be fine!  Another (sorta) southern girl here- I have packages sit outside for hours in the high 90s and they're fine.

For reference, check Lush's website. They mark products that have a chance of melting.  Compare that to things from Sephora you're interested in- and you'll see you're fine!

ellevee09

I also live in south texas and the weather can get up there!! I've never had a problem with any items melting etc. it's prolly all that paper Sephora uses. :smileyhappy: I wouldn't worry so much hun...shop away!! xx

arielaaaaaaaa

I've had my packages sit outside for an hour or so and they were fine. I love in South Texas and in summer it gets100 degrees plus.  I haven't had a lipstick melt but i would be hesitant to order if i knew no one would be home to get my package. If you know how long it takes for a package to arrive you could schedule it so you would mostly likely be home on the day it will be delivered. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • jennypenny1995
    • dolceloure
    • beautylovingirl
    • ellevee09
    • amynadinexo