hearts-not a reply to the recent drama I have seen :)

chelssss

hearts-not a reply to the recent drama I have seen :)

Good evening ladies!!
Im not sure if I am asking this in the right place, but this is where I do the most interacting so I will ask it here :smileyhappy:

I've been seeing all these post on "hearts" and I know what they are, how to give, etc. What I don't get is the levels. I couldn't find a thread on it, but I was wondering the levels and X amounts of hearts bumps you up. I am not being a smart elic, just a honest question I have been wondering :smileyhappy:

rjamlt

Re: hearts-not a reply to the recent drama I have seen :)

I couldn't have said it better.

jaimelove

oh snap.gif

jaimelove

everyone can see everyone else's hearts by clicking on their names and looking at their profiles, ijs. so we all know how many hearts you have. why is this such a big deal to you? why do you keep bringing up nationality? no one else is, just you. 

is your blood sugar low, perhaps? because you are beginning to ramble incoherently. here, let me help you out with that.

Almond_Joy.jpg

butterblume

My husband is a diabetic, and when he goes low he's like a 3 year old - literally, like a 3 year old. I hand him pop and he drinks it and then looks all confused like, what do I do about this? Then just stares at it in bewilderment til I make him drink it again. Then he tries to talk and it all just comes out "arrrrrrrgh". Like he can't make words, he just growls.

I asked him once if he wanted to change his shirt and he said "How?"

jaimelove

jeez, that's crazy! does it freak you guys out when it happens, or are you used to it? i would probably freak out if it were me. 

butterblume

The first time it ever happened I was terrified. He was almost comatose, dead asleep, and I noticed he was shaking and sweating really badly so I tried to wake him up but he wouldn't get up. So I ran and got his tester kit, jabbed him and stole some of his blood and the little tester thing said "LO" which means...bad, lol. I freaked out, grabbed pop, candy, ice cream, everything I could find in the fridge came back and hauled him upright. When he finally actually opened his eyes to look at me I gave him the pop, he kinda drank it and then spat it at me a little...which was a little shocking, lol.

Then I gave him candy and he reached out for it but instead of taking the candy he grabbed my **bleep** instead! I don't know if he missed or what but he seemed really confused and I was like...No...now is not the time for that...

Eventually the sugar hit his system and he was fine. It's happened a bunch of times since then and I have no idea why since I make him check himself before he goes to bed but every time it happens I am still just as terrified. I really hope I never have to inject him with the giant sugar needle, that thing looks terrifying.

I cope better with it now though - I was nearly in tears the first time! Afterward he was like, "Baby, you saved my life! I am going to buy you presents."

So there was a silver lining!

jaimelove

holy crap that is terrifying! i would have been bawling my eyes out. totally would have accepted those presents, too! 

butterblume

Got me a bottle of betsey johnson too too pretty if I recall correctly! :smileyvery-happy:

It was scary, I just try to be extra vigilant about nagging him to check that he's at least 150 or so now before he goes to bed.

jaimelove

ooh, nice! 

yeah, i would be, too! i would get so paranoid. i've calmed down a bit i think with my son's health issues, but still any time he falls i'm like OMG IS IT HIS LEG? IS IT GETTING WORSE? IT'S GETTING WORSE AND SOON HE WON'T BE ABLE TO WALK ON IT AT ALL! in my head before realizing that i'm just paranoid. some things are never easy to live with and i think impossible to get used to probably, but at least you can learn to live with them, right? i'd go mad-eye moody on my bf if he had diabetes probably...

constant vigilance.gif

butterblume

Oof, I have a feeling I'm going to have very much the same thoughts when I have a kid!

Also that gif made me laugh out loud. I pictured you actually going around with a fake eye saying "Constant vigilance", scoping around corners, eyes darting everywhere...

NurseCupcake

I was at a walmart one time and someone passed out from low blood sugar and people were trying to shove orange juice down his throat. I was screaming at them to stop and they all looked at me like I was an idiot. I was like, "he's unconscious! He can't swallow!!!!!! It's all going to get into his lungs." Hahaha. I made someone go get me some cake frosting and rubbed it on his gums.....

I hate being a nurse when I'm outside of the hospital...

butterblume

LOL!!! People panic in emergencies. It's a good thing you were around or he might have drowned in OJ!

NurseCupcake

People do panic. I've actually seen it before. People just don't know very much and all they know is low blood sugar = orange juice. they don't have the critical thinking skills to think that if the person is unconscious and can't swallow then they don't need liquids. I've seen people have to be on ventilators due to aspiration from orange juice and other liquids in their lungs. 

I love when People are freaking out and I'm all calm. I was out somewhere one time and a lady started seizing and people were flipping out so i walked over and turned her on her side and put a pen in her mouth to keep her from biting her tongue and called an ambulance. this bystander was freaking out and screaming at me for, "being so calm, like nothing is happening." I was like, "well flipping the *bleep* out like you doesn't do anything to help her!!!!!!!!!" Haha. 

butterblume

Dayum! That is some cool and quick thinking right there!

jojobe

I hope you are around if something ever happens to me! 

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

Well, I will be SHOWING my face when my Photographer feels like taking a photo ( hahaha...when my HUBAND is home and feels like it ...I dont do "selfies" and he sees me at my absolute natural without ANY make up and fresh out of bed hair, he will be home this weekend )

I also do not see veryy many others with photos up, but the ones who do.....KUDOS , Ladies....YOU LOOK MARVELOUS ! - WITHOUT Make UP and with some on!

ShinyMagpie

f0f1c5143fdc995af7d8ef5250136a33a0040c7e95b6b61e971f93b24ee5acac.jpg

algenib

[ Edited ]

Or a vicuna...

Vicuna3.jpg

LindenAnn

I think this might be referring to the No Makeup picture thread?

jojobe

Are you saying this is not what I look like.  

rjamlt

my avatar is a representation of my inner self. Also my wish to have thighs that thin. :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 74 replies
  • 503 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • kristallovesdogs
    • jojobe
    • dianabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • mlmac