chelssss

hearts-not a reply to the recent drama I have seen :)

Good evening ladies!!
Im not sure if I am asking this in the right place, but this is where I do the most interacting so I will ask it here :smileyhappy:

I've been seeing all these post on "hearts" and I know what they are, how to give, etc. What I don't get is the levels. I couldn't find a thread on it, but I was wondering the levels and X amounts of hearts bumps you up. I am not being a smart elic, just a honest question I have been wondering :smileyhappy:

chelssss

Re: hearts-not a reply to the recent drama I have seen :)

[ Edited ]

Good evening ladies. I have been MIA from BT the last couple of days and it seems like there was some dork who commented something wrong. I don't know what it was, but I got my answer WOO. BTW I am at 104 hearts now. YIPPEE

Missie772

I am glad that you got your answer! And much much much more than you expected... :smileyhappy:

jojobe

Here have another because I love passing out hearts to those who allow us to hijack your thread and not getting mad>

kristallovesdogs

I'm very confused.  I get the impression there was some kind of crazy racist post that the mods deleted, and all the rest of these responses refer to that?  ha ha 

Chelsss, as a fellow Newbie, I had the lovely SydBristow explain the heart system to me and also give me the magnificent advice to ignore all the politics that have lately been surrounding the hearts.  So I just use my hearts the same way I use "likes" in Facebook - if I think something is funny or helpful, you get a heart, you get a heart, everybody gets a heart!  (Imagine Oprah's voice)

ShinyMagpie

I heart almost everything I read here. They're free. Why not give them away liberally? Hearts for everyone! :smileyhappy:

FancyPantzy

[ Edited ]

ShinyMagpie

LOL! You and me both FancyPantzy! :smileyvery-happy:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30201-1371663742-26.gif

algenib

20040913-premiere-video-pointing-640x360.jpg

SydBristow

[ Edited ]

Howdie!  I had posted this in another thread that ultimately got deleted, but a few people mentioned they found it helpful, so I am sharing it again!  :smileyvery-happy:

As far as "hearts" go, they are kind of the heart (sorry for the pun!) of Beauty Talk. You click next to a post when you find it helpful or appreciate what the poster has said, etc. the people here tend to be very helpful and you can sometimes see what someone has contributed by seeing their heart count. Heart milestones are celebrated because it's kind of a big deal to reach certain levels. I think it took me three months to get to 10, lol. I didn't know what they were either.

If people have helped you out, you can show your appreciation by sharing hearts! They are free to give out, with no limits, and are kind of the currency of the forums. I think they are representative of the kindness here and how much others have shared.

I think they are a lot of fun!  :smileyhappy:  Because of some recent issues with lost/stolen TSBs and some bad trades, some people are using hearts and/or levels of contributions here as part of who they feel comfortable including.  (Who would you prefer to buy from on eBay or Amazon, sellers with good reputation and established feedback?  Or someone without?) 

It initially took me three months to get 10 hearts!!  :smileyvery-happy: I think it's a lot like building up a reputation and truly becoming a part of a community.  But not to say that someone cannot be a good contributor without having hearts, of course!!  Or that someone will not be part of a good TSB or trade - problem is there is really just no way to know if someone hasn't been around for a while. 

kbmatthews

I remember you originally posting this. Well said! 

rjamlt

offensive.jpg

NurseCupcake

y-u-no-fun.jpg

charpic

(0) Hearts

I am highly confused.  Did someone use the forums as their personal outlet?

butterblume

url.jpg

dianabt

Scary!!! I've had episodes like that before, it's like I need to chug an entire carton of OJ before I feel better. Thankfully never passed out but I know if I need a snack if I try putting eyeliner on and its entirely crooked hahaa- its my giveaway to a low blood sugar! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
butterblume

LOL! I can usually tell with my SO because he starts getting weird, cranky, confused and has no impulse control. He once went low and pre-ordered a bunch of video games, then when they showed up he was all confused because he didn't remember ordering them.

OR SO HE SAYS.

Sometimes he's actually just weird and cranky though, and when I ask him if he's low he gets all offended.

comfyrock

Yes, that's the excuse cause for my wonky pencil lines too...*shifty eyes*

sp2001

I'm.... so confused.....

jojobe

I think you need more help than this makeup forum can provide you. We are not an outlet for your injustices of the world. Sephora/makeup related yes. You are blowing the stupid heart thing up over the top. You keep creating problems and inciting conflict where there is none and creating an unwelcome and confusing environment for everyone. I have no idea what color you are nor nationality. Nor do we care. It's your words that come across and you contradict yourself in every other post. We would love it if you actually had something positive to contribute to the community. I don't care if you call me mean, some may say what you are doing is mean as well. If you need to know  why box curators ask for a certain heart count or status, PM them instead of blasting everybody. Personally no one need anything but to be VIB/ROUGE to be in my box. You put hundreds of dollars of your own money to start a box and get it stolen then you will be on here crying about how somenone ripped you off and Sephora won't help you cuz it's not their problem. My photo does look like me everytime I see something crazy. Now nowhere does it say that we need to post our personal photo for our avitar. If you would provide positive comments and fun to the community that is how the rest of us got hearts. From being helpful and kind to each other. Maybe you should try that way instead of all of the poor me threads. 

mlmac

Word.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 74 replies
  • 503 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • kristallovesdogs
    • jojobe
    • dianabt
    • ChicDabbler