sn22

brushes turned blue

[ Edited ]

So I got around to washing my brushes yesterday, and now all my brushes with white bristles have this weird blue fuzz or tint on the top of the bristles. I usually wash them with an antibacterial soap and that's the same thing I did and the soap wasn't blue either. Has this happened to anyone? I'm gonna try posting a pic thought idk if the blue will show up.

andyhtrieu

Re: brushes turned blue

I think the original bristles of the Real Technique brushes are actually blue/grey. 

sn22

(0) Hearts

thats strange, I never noticed them being that way before. And even my sigma dupes from eBay are bluish now along with the tarte brush. 

cdiamond

The black dye from the brushes is probably bleeding onto the white bristles.  Maybe try washing them again?

sn22

(0) Hearts

I rewashed  one of them, didn't make much difference but I guess at least now I have an idea of what it is. Thanks! 

heartsmyface

I have a sephora stippling brush which bleeds black dye onto the drip towels eyerytime I wash it. It's the only one that does it. Strange. 

plm95

(0) Hearts

Did you wash all of the soap out? All of the makeup out? Were they drying near something blue (as in a towel)?

sn22

No the towel was brown. i washed them until the water was running clear, at least that's what I thought. 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

What do you use to wash them? 

sn22

(0) Hearts

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments