krunce

Why Dusty Rose WHY?!

Just wondering what is up with the exclusive Dusty Rose lip colour selection on all of the 100 point lipstick Beauty Insider add ons.... first Givenchy Le Rouge in a dusty rose, and now Bite in a dusty rose...

It doesn't really make sense. Yes, this is the colour that's probably least likely to sell, and is also the least offensive. But I was excited to see another lipstick sample in the 100 points and was going to force a Sephora purchase just to score it, but now I'm not... because I don't need two adorable, sample size lipsticks in... dusty rose! :smileysad: :smileysad:

carrierose

Re: Why Dusty Rose WHY?!

(0) Hearts

I got the Bite Pepper and it is the EXACT color of my lips...darn!  I am loving the Zin (I think that's the name) that I got in full size, it's a nice berry.

garnett

(0) Hearts

I think most people can wear that shade and it lets you test drive the product.  You can always purchase a different shade after you decide if you like the way the lipstick wears and feels.  I LOVE Bite lipsticks and have many of their bright colors which are awesome and very wearable. I would encourage everyone to give this line a try. 

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I'm not a fan of the dusty rose color either! But i'm so tempted to get it just to check out Bite Lipsticks. I'm interested in the formula to see if i would order it in the future in a better shade. You'd think with Summer here already they would do a Coral or Peachy colored lipstick. 

ChicDabbler

Not only Givenchy and Bite, there's also Kat Von D and YSL (altho those are more nude than dusty rose). I much prefer bright/bold colors, but I'm totally fine with the current offering because it prevents me from making a bazillion orders and carrying around a bleeding wallet.

Altho I'm trying VERY very very hard to avoid the temptation of current perks and the promo code. #FailAtOhmmmm

krunce

(0) Hearts

lol, very wise words beautytester

midniterae

(0) Hearts

I guess it depends on the person. I personally love the dusty rose color. 

I have NARS Dolce Vita (dusty rose) in lip gloss and blush. 

I love it and I think it is a great color on me. 

krunce

That's awesome.

I didn't think I'd like Dusty Rose but I really wanted to try Givenchy Le Rouge and so I forced a purchase just to get the sample a few months ago, lol. I really enjoy the colour a lot. I was just so excited when I saw that a lipstick was available for the 100 point perk, but was disappointed when I saw how similar the colour was to the last time a lipstick was a 100 point perk :smileysad:

melde

(0) Hearts

Oh hmm, the Givenchy seemed more orange/brown based to me. I think I lost it though. I think it fell out of my purse. I'm so sad. I'll have to think about getting this Bite one because I really did like that Givenchy one but I'm trying not to spend too much right now. :smileysad:

krunce

Ya I have the Givenchy one too! I really like it, and I'm a huge fan of their formula.

You're right, the Bite looks a bit more pinky.

mommyto4

(0) Hearts

I love dusty rose.  It's a very basic color.

mafan

(0) Hearts

I guess tastes vary.  I think a Dusty Rose is the color I'm most likely to wear.  Not that I need any more lip colors right now....

kalex

I would think that Dusty Rose is probably one of the more universally flattering colors.  I personally don't like it on me though.  I would've liked to see a nice spring/summer shade like coral!

crayzeeRN

Haha, I was just thinking the same thing krunce! With two lipstick 100 pt perks so close together, one would hope they would be at least a little bit different in shade!

crayzeeRN

I should add that this fact didn't stop me from getting both perks :smileyvery-happy:

krunce

(0) Hearts

lol, I just succumbed and grabbed the Bite Pepper one too last day. Guilty!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • kalex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • midniterae
    • carrierose
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan