cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

When there only perfume samples...

IMG_1335.PNG

I'm obsessed with samples, and I truly love to try new products so I can actually purchase those products. I never order when there are only perfume samples and very basic samples, like Purity etc., available.  I know they're free and Sephora has to give away what they have, but I wish  there was more of a balance of perfume or skincare or beauty or hair care.  

Re: When there only perfume samples...

I'm in the minority of people who actually love perfume samples. Sadly, when I request them, they keep getting replaced with foundation samples, which are the absolute worst in my opinion.

I like perfume samples too; if I dislike the scent then I end up using it as room spray lol

I agree that foundation samples are the worst online. They shouldn't be offering them unless they're going to offer them in several shades. 😞

Since the start of the play box sample selection went downhill. I don't wear perfume so this samples are useless for me, not to mention the last two orders I made they replaced my selected perfume samples for foils of random perfume 😂

agree. to start 75% appear to be perfume samples and if you don;t ear - or have signature scent - this does NOT feel like a benefit.

Is it weird that I can tell you are in Canada too, just from the crappy sample selection we got?

Your sentiments are shared by many who have posted in Beauty Talk, since samples can change at a whim and substitutions can take place when orders are being fulfilled based upon what a specific warehouse may or may not have in stock, there's still no guarantee you'll wind up with your selected fragrance sample even if that was what you wanted.

Since samples are often supplied by that specific vendor/brand, it's very likely that fragrance brands are supplying Sephora with ample fragrances and since that is what is available, Sephora will make them accessible to their online consumers versus holding off and depleting the sample options entirely. With that in mind, it's possible that skin care, beauty, hair care, and body care brands may not have a ready supply of samples to be distributed to Sephora to divvy up. I can't say how much it may cost for a brand to manufacture and produce samples (as they'll also have to take into account expenses for packaging and design, not just actual product production), but maybe not all brands want to dedicate the funds toward that segment. 

There was the 31 Day Fragrance Challenge thread that was made to help motivate users here to explore their existing fragrances and samples, which can be fun as with a plethora of samples, many can often get "lost" or forgotten about. I either divide up fragrance samples I have accumulated between friends and pop them into little gift baggies for birthdays or special occasions or even use some as room sprays or mist the inside of trash canisters every now and then to get some use out of them. 

@lylysa That's a good idea, to use them for around the house, too, in addition to making gift sample samplers for friends as a gift add-on!

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_1335.PNG
testing