applepear2

What happened to the great free stuff when you earn a lot of beauty points?

There used to be nice free perks (like the huge make-up color platter) when you earned 500 points. I've been saving my points because I've tried all the perfumes and mascara samples, and was hoping to see a nice worth-while free gift.

I shop at Sephora at least once a month so I'm hoping you will come out with great give-aways soon.  

julienc

Re: What happened to the great free stuff when you earn a lot of beauty points?

[ Edited ]

Hi, applepear2!  In late June, I got a very nice Josie Maran Argan Oil kit as a 500-point perk online.  It was (I think) 6 products in deluxe sample sizes, and I was very pleased.  I checked this past weekend to see what the online 500-point perk is currently (yes, it's sad, but I now have enough points for ANOTHER 500-point perk!  :smileywink: ), and it's a Tarte kit.  I'm not overly fond of Tarte (many of their products are made in China), so I'll wait a while and see what the October perk will be.

Hope that helps at least a little.

nancypr

Re: What happened to the great free stuff when you earn a lot of beauty points?

Have you guys seen the Supercharged skincare kit??  IDK if this is because Im from Puerto Rico, but here the perks lasts either 3 to 4 months, or 3 to 4 days!!!! Crazy!!! *lol*  Like I posted on another topic, the BE kit was up for more than 2 months! I was waiting and waiting patiently for it to change, even the 100 pt perks, like 3 months the same.... I saw someone poster about the Buxom Passport and I really wanted it so bad, for me it was worth the 500 pts, but it never came to my store, UNTIL 3 DAYS AGO, still I prefer my supercharged kit.... Then the BE kit changed for Benefit's Little Looks Good but that didn't appeal to me since Im faithful to my primer and blush.... So I decided to keep saving, then while browsing and window shopping at Sephora I saw that the current perk was the skincare kit and I fell in loveeee!!! A few days before I used 100 pts to get the They Are Real since it's a great size to try and to keep in my purse's makeup bag.... I asked the S.A. how many kits they had left, and she said two becasue they received a small amount and they went our fast.... Soooooo, since I didn't have the 500 pts, I bought a few things that I needed to reach 500 pts and ge the kit..... hehehehe..... In Puerto Rico, the store is always packed with people, you can barely walk, no matter the time or day, but, there aren't many BIs nor VIBs because even though a lot of people shop there, most of them dont like to be "spamed" with emails and when they are offered the BI card they refuse and say no.  I've seen it before many time....  Also, here the Clinique brand es VERY popular, por other stores like Macys and JCPenney offer goodie bags with a purchase, something that Sephora does not, even though Sephora does give points, people prefer a goodie right now, rather than later..... And, the langague here is spanish, not english, and since a lot of people don't understand english, they can't read the instructions and when they see a card they automatically think of credit card so that's another reason there are not a lot of BIs..... Okkkk, so, all that was said was toooooo make a point to why here the perks last so long and miss on a lot of different good perks.... Since thet last a few months, they don't order any other perks till the one thay have are gone...

prettyinpa

I also think that the 500 point perks have been a bit fla...

I also think that the 500 point perks have been a bit flagging lately. Maybe they will improve as we get closer to holiday season. Just save your points and hope for the best.

macuser

Re: I also think that the 500 point perks have been a bit fla...

I agree with PrettyinPa, I am hoping the 500 point items will get better.

I do not remember will the point carryover to next year?

prettyinpa

@macuser- the points don't expire so we can sit on them until Sephora offers a truly great perk!

tiffanybt

(0) Hearts

Hi applepear2. Ran8 is right! Your Beauty Insider points never expire and the 100 and 500 point perks are constantly changing so you could continue to save your points until you find something you like. As she mentioned, the stores may have different perks available so you could also contact your local Sephora to see what they have available.

In the meantime, I'll be sure to forward your request to offer another makeup palette for the future perk. Thanks for sharing and answering ladies!

Cheers, Tiffany

ran8

The 500 point perks vary by location and availability.  I...

The 500 point perks vary by location and availability.  I have also noticed depending on location, certain perks are redeemed faster than others.  You can always call ahead and ask.  Store locator here: http://www.sephora.com/help/stores/index.jhtml

What perks would you be interested in seeing for 500 points?  There's also the customer feedback survey where you can express any suggestions as well. 

In the meantime, the points do not expire.  Hold onto them until you find something of interest. Also check their blog and facebook wall for any other deals or giveaways. 

Best of luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • macuser
    • tiffanybt
    • ran8
    • nancypr