spoiledbrat

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WEBSITE

The website went wonky this morning. Lists would post, but no navigation. It seems like BT navigation has changed also. Is it me or did others notice?

anb0906

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WEBSITE

(0) Hearts

Ugh. The website still doesn't work properly on Safari on an iPad. The mobile site won't work properly on Google Chrome. Frustrating. Fix the bugs! 

prettyinpa

What's odd is the "What's new" page and main pages load just fine, just the product pages don't load. So I can be tempted by new products, but can't buy them....:smileysad:

beautylovingirl

I seriously feel for you I know all the frustrations I went through before will all that stuff it's not fun.

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

What's frustrating is I used to be able to use Camino to view the product pages when I couldn't use Safari last year, but Camino went defunct, so I had to go back to Safari, which was working up until yesterday. (Evidently they fixed the issue while I was using Camino), but now I can't view product pages from Search or from the tool bar, only from a category like "what's new", "Best sellers", and not everything falls in those categories. So my shopping at Sephora is going to take a big hit unless this gets fixed. I'm trying to find someone who can fix my old computer, but it isn't going well and I don't want to shell out another $1500 for a new one just to shop here, sorry to say. Grr!

laurabt

(0) Hearts

@Prettyinpa & Jojobe- It sounds like you may need to update your plug-ins, or clear the cookies and cache on your internet browser.  Also, we recommend using the internet browsers Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to access Sephora.com to avoid experiencing system issues on Sephora.com. Hopefully this will fix your issues. :smileyhappy: -Laura

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

@laurabt-  I can't get Firefox or Chrome for this computer, they don't support OS Tiger 10.4.11. Plug ins are updated for this version, cache and cookies cleared. Why can't your new system work on older computers? It used to just fine. Seems like people who don't want to buy a new computer just to use Sephora.com are being discriminated against. Other beauty companies' websites run just fine. 

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Eek, I can't load product pages anymore! If I click on the toolbar, then select a category, I get a blank page. Same if I type in anything in the search box. Oh well, I'm on no-buy for a couple more days...

I use Safari, an older version. Updating to a newer version is not an option, since my OS is old along with the computer and I'm not getting a new computer just for this problem. This same thing happened last year with the website "improvement". Boo. I also cleared cache and cookies.

jojobe

(0) Hearts

I can't  view my basket; every time I click I get some wonky list on the left side of the page-Guess my order will have to wait. it did that when I tried to post a review also

spedteacher74

I just went on and had no problems.  I have to say I really like the changes I see.  I don't usually like change.  The changes make navigating the website so much faster and easier.  For example, click on "Brands" and now it comes up alphabetical.  You pick your letter and then the brand.  It all stays in place and doesn't leave if your cursor does.  Its so much better than the drop down list you had to scroll through forever to find what you want.  I find it really organizes things better.  Thanks Sephora!

fhgarman

When all these changes are done, I hope they add a Saved for Later option in the shopping basket. The LOVES section is ok, but I think most of use it as a wish list. A Saved for Later section on the same page as the shopping basket makes it so much easier to move items to the basket that we definitely know we want to buy. There are so many popular shopping sites that have this option; Sephora should have it too. I posted this as a suggestion a while back on the Sephora FB page, I hope someone was listening!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Ditto @dannyc - no change and Chrome...for IE users, have to be careful with automatic updates/upgrades because companies may not have adjusted to accommodate all the latest releases from Microsoft...I downgraded my IE from version 10 because of various compatibility issues

misscg

(0) Hearts

Across every program I use its the newer site, on my ipad, laptop, phone, and the app. I cleared my history on Chrome and Safari and its the new one. I don't care about the site, just the perks lol.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I'm on Chrome too but nothing different for me either.

ChicDabbler

I don't like this. The website looks different, but not necessarily better, and it feels crowded cuz some of the things are taking up so much space. Instead of changing things around, I'd much rather they fix the bugs first.

*cough* http://community.sephora.com/t5/BeautyTalk-Feedback/Fix-the-bugs-pretty-please/td-p/681861

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

All - you might want to clear out your cache and history in your browser...

DTalksAll

Agreed. I'm on Chrome & don't see any change, then again I clear my cache & history daily. 

tbuss

(0) Hearts

I can't access anything except what's in my cart and that's about it.... it's like there's no product available for sale

<shivers>

:smileyhappy:

malday

(0) Hearts

BT looks really different for me now. It's super...disorganized I guess? At least while running IE it is. Unfortunately I'm using a work computer so I can only use this browser... bummer :/

keelybt

(0) Hearts

We did do some updates last night.  Please let me know if you are still encountering issues.  As for the perks, it looks like you can only add what is currently offered in the Rewards Boutique.

obsessiveangel

(0) Hearts

hi i made a couple orders last night before the website went haywire....does that mean my orders with my point perks won't go through? i got the confirmation mail WITH the point perk though.... :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • maltipoo66
    • spoiledbrat
    • malday