janeverley

VIB this late in the year?

Hi Community. I am $5 away from becoming a VIB - is there any benefit to doing so this late in the year? From my understanding the "VIB" status expires after the calendar year. Thanks guys!

janeverley

Re: VIB this late in the year?

Thank you everyone for the responses!! I completely misunderstood the guidelines at first. Will go to Sephora tomorrow to get my VIB status! Yay!

lucyshnoosy

(0) Hearts

Have fun!

BeautyBee92

I think if you're that close, you might as well buy something! :smileyhappy: I became VIB this year and will remain a VIB until the very end of 2014. Some perks to becoming a VIB are 15% and 20% off sales. People who have been VIBs since the very beginning of October qualified for $20 off of a $50 purchase this December. Other perks include special gifts with purchase, a complimentary makeover, and you get a coupon for 10% off just for making VIB!

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

DO IT! On the rare occasion there are VIB only offers, they're awesome! 20% off, exclusive promos, etc.

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

If you become a VIB by 12/31/2013 you will remain a VIB until 12/31/2014

Hope that helps.

Congratulations.

lilahtov

See lucy's response--you wouldn't want your spending to reset before you could become VIB! That would be very annoying. I suggest buying a something cheap at Sephora...or trying to :smileywink:

AllyKatVA

(0) Hearts

Go buy something cheap and qualify. Since you will be a VIB for all of 2014 it will be worth it, whereas if you wait, you will have to spend $350 before becoming eligible for any additional benefits in 2014. 

If you want to be a VIB in 2015 you will either have to spend $350 in 2014 (which would qualify you for the rest of 2014 and 2015) or in 2015 (qualifying for the rest of 2015 and all of 2016). 

lucyshnoosy

VIB lasts for the year in which you qualify (that would be 2013 in this case) and the entire next calendar year.  So if you spend $5 more this month you will be a VIB until Dec. 31, 2014.  Go for it! 

I believe that spending totals only accumulate for the current year.   Since your spending total resets each calendar year, you will be starting from scratch if you wait until January 1st.   HTH!

Seiba

(0) Hearts

Well, if you became VIB by January 1 of 2014, my understanding is that you'll be VIB for 2014 and until the end of 2015. I might be wrong though. I can't remember how it works, but my VIB Rouge started this summer and it looks like I'm staying that way until the end of 2014 - a year and a half for one status. 

Might be wrong, so don't quote me on that! Early grats on your VIB status! 

NahiNahi

(0) Hearts

Well if you get it by the end of 2013 you stay VIB through the end of 2014 so you have a whole year of it to look forward to.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • lilyyy
    • lucyshnoosy
    • Seiba
    • oklady2013
    • janeverley
    • BeautyBee92