HMNewbie

VIB Rouge

I don't know if I'm happy, excited, ashamed, honored, flattered that I'm VIB Rouge, but I see a lot of y'all are right there with me. Lets don't tell my husband what it means!

KacieLee

Re: VIB Rouge

(0) Hearts

I'm not gonna tell anyone about what "VIB Rouge" means.... 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Hi, my name is Kimchi Kween and I'm a Sephoraholic...

Now that I know a little more about what I'm looking for and need, I've nearly stopped buying in-store and gone almost exclusively on-line.  Unfortunately, when you're just clicking around, adding to your virtual basket, it's not as obvious how much you are buying when compared to holding one.  Maybe that's why I buy on-line now....

cuttygurl

I hope my husband never finds out about how much I spent on makeup lol. Good for you lucky ladies that have understanding partners :smileyhappy:

MoreGun89

Fiance saw my new card and was excited for me, and then encouraged me more.  I think I love that man >.> XD

JenBlush

My boyfriend was confused on how i could spend that much on makeup! :/ lol

CopyCat03

Haha, i just told my husband that they replaced a new card. He will be so mad at me if i told him i spend over $1000 a year.

otakuerin

My boyfriend was excited about the new tier. We have a combined bank account so he knows what all I spend. I must be lucky.

latinadiva

This thread is making me die laughing! I had the exact same thoughts like...I'm not sure if I'm super excited or super embarrassed! I remember when I first started wearing makeup going to Target to buy basically everything to start out with and spending maybe...$20 and I was like OMG that is so much money! Then when I started really getting into it and my cousin qualified for VIB I was like SERIOUSLY you spent that much on makeup in a year!? And now....yeah. But I agree with kateye7...people spend tons of money on food and drinks going out constantly. My thought process is more "$10 just to walk in the bar??? That's a drugstore mascara!"

ChicDabbler

Lol, yeah, now I think everything in terms of Sephora! Any time I buy anything and it's $50+, I think "ah....Sephora....free shipping....". Sometimes I see an expensive fashion thing I wanna buy and them I'm like "hmm.....do you know how many Sephora order that is?.....ok, not buying, saving for Sephora instead."

JenBlush

I agree! When my friends think im crazy for spending so much on makeup! And at times i find myself saying its just $30 for bronzer... And they look at me like.. Just....??? 

:smileysad:

HMNewbie

Try telling them you use shampoo/conditioner with caviar. I don't even try to explain myself anymore. 

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

lmao! Oh yea! caviar! lol haha

consolvo

This is great. A whole thread full of nice, juicy rationalizations! :smileyhappy:

To be honest though, I do spend SOME on gifts for others...even the guys! I've been surprised how many times male family members have actually pulled me aside to tell me that they have noticed a difference after using the (example) Anthony Glycolic Facial Cleanser!

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

I spend gifts on other people as well!! Not so much for the men, but Even when my mom is going to give me a gift, i always tell her if she is thinking about getting me a perfume or something, to take me so i can use my card!! 

kateye7

I'm glad someone gets my thinking lol, since everyone close to me wouldn't lol

rikkie

I am happy and excited to be Rouge, and makeup (and shopping for it :smileyvery-happy: ) has become my hobby lately, but probably my husband wouldn't be happy for me if I shared my exciting news and I know my mother would flip at me even though it's none of her business, so I guess it's our little secret ladies. :smileywink:

kateye7

Im pretty much a beauty addict and when you look at the big picture and see oh 1000.00 to qualify that's a lot, then if you spend 100.00 on makeup a month its easy to get there. For me I don't want people to know because of the comment from people but last time i checked people my age go to the bar every weekend and spend 100.00 I just choose to spend it in other things =D

Kiki1517

That's exactly my reasoning too! I'm a good mother, no other crazy addictions, don't overspend on anything else (not even clothing). I may go to dinner and a movie once in awhile, but last time I went to a club was over a year ago for my bestie's bachelorette and I know most women my age (mothers or not) are out EVERY WEEKEND. If you add up hair appts, nail jobs, outfits, shoes, cover fees, gas, and if they buy their own drinks/food, they're spending much more easily. My boyfriend's addiction is soccer and there is always something he needs to buy or fees for a league, so I consider us even hehe.

jellybean917

The fiance cannot know! I'm supposed to be saving for the next time we can see each other. Sometimes he goes to Sephora for his man products, and he gives the cashier my info to get me more points. I'm so nervous that they'll blab, "Oh, she has over 1000 points to spend. And she's a VIB Rouge, which means she's spent over $1000 here this year." I'd die!

Kiki1517

Whoa yeah cuz they usually tell you how many points you have to spend at checkout. If he asks "What are the points for?" you might be in trouble lol. Good thing I buy all my guy's stuff too, what he doesn't know isn't going to hurt him lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 104 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • wendyomgwar
    • consolvo
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure
    • kateye7
    • joeanne