cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

VIB Rouge FAQs

1.) What is VIB Rouge?

VIB Rouge is our newest and most premium membership tier. When you spend $1,000 on merchandise purchases (excluding gift cards, egift certificates, taxes & shipping) on Sephora.com, in U.S. and Canadian Sephora stores and/or in Sephora inside jcpenney locations within one calendar year (January-December), you qualify for VIB Rouge status. VIB Rouge is good for the calendar year in which you qualify and the following calendar year. Annual re-qualification is required.

2.) When did VIB Rouge begin?

VIB Rouge launched on July 23, 2013. If you spent $1,000 in 2013 by July 23, 2013, you qualified for VIB Rouge status.

3.) What qualifies as spend towards VIB Rouge?

All merchandise purchases (excluding gift cards, egift certificates, taxes & shipping) on Sephora.com, in U.S. and Canadian Sephora stores and/or in Sephora inside jcpenney locations during one calendar year (January-December) count towards the $1,000 spend requirement. VIB Rouge is good for the calendar year in which you qualify and the following calendar year. Annual requalification is required.

4.) Do merchandise purchases made a Sephora inside jcpenney locations count towards the VIB Rouge spend requirement?

Yes. All merchandise purchases (excluding gift cards, egift certificates, taxes & shipping) count towards the $1,000 spend requirement.

5.) Is VIB Rouge available in Canada?

Yes. VIB Rouge is available in Canada.

6.) When does my VIB Rouge status expire?

VIB Rouge status is good for the calendar year in which the BI member qualifies and the following calendar year. Annual requalification is required.

7.) What benefits do I get as a VIB Rouge client?

As a VIB Rouge client, you receive the following benefits:

• All the great benefits BI & VIB clients receive

• Free Shipping on all orders

• Unlimited access to the Beauty Studio

• Exclusive invitations to Rouge-Only Events

• Special seasonal surprise gifts

• Access to a Rouge Concierge

• And much, much more… Learn more at Sephora.com/rouge

8.) If I am VIB Rouge, do I still qualify for regular BI and VIB benefits? Yes. In addition to all the additional benefits you receive as a VIB Rouge member, you still receive all the benefits Beauty Insiders and VIBs receive.

9.) I have 1000 points, why don’t I qualify for VIB Rouge?

If you have accumulated points over the years and have 1,000 points in your Beauty Bank, you must still spend $1,000 on merchandise at Sephora.com, in a Sephora retail store or in a Sephora inside jcpenney store within a calendar year (January-December) to qualify for VIB Rouge. VIB Rouge is good for the calendar year in which you qualify and the following calendar year. Annual requalification is required.

10.) I haven’t received my VIB Rouge Welcome Kit.

Where can I get one? When making a purchase online at sephora.com you will be prompted to add a VIB Rouge Welcome Kit to your basket during the checkout process if you qualify for Rouge status. When making a purchase at a Sephora retail store or Sephora inside jcpenney store, your cashier will give you your VIB Rouge Welcome Kit if you qualify for Rouge status.

11.) Will I receive the same VIB Rouge Welcome Kit online as I would in store?

Because you do not need a Beauty Insider membership card to shop online at Sephora.com, the VIB Rouge Welcome Kit you receive online will not include a membership card, but it will include everything else the kit includes. The VIB Rouge Welcome Kit you receive in store will include a membership card.

12.) Will returning merchandise affect my VIB Rouge Status? If you have qualified for VIB Rouge, returning merchandise will NOT affect your current year’s VIB Rouge status. However, annual requalification is required.

13.) I have already signed up for 2-day Flash shipping, but as a VIB Rouge client I receive Free Standard Shipping. Will I be reimbursed?

As a VIB Rouge member, if you would like to be reimbursed for Flash shipping please call Customer Service at 855-RougeVIB.

14.) Are the “Special Surprise Gifts” VIB Rouge clients will receive going to be the same samples we receive today as VIB members?

The same great offers will be offered to our VIB members throughout the year; however, additional offers will be available to VIB Rouge members only.

15.) I see a "VIB Rouge" board in BeautyTalk, but I receive an error message when I try to access it. Why is that?

The VIB Rouge board is exclusively available for VIB Rouge members. When you reach the Rouge level you will be granted access to the board.

Re: VIB Rouge FAQs

I just got my welcome kit! No discount, just a flashy new card, an all access pass to the beauty studio, and a mini red lipstick from bite.

Thank you for the info!

Yay I qualified for VIB rouge! I'm curious about the welcome kit...I wonder if there will be a discount like when we made VIB?

Thanks this was very helpful.  Were there any VIB Rouge offers with the kick off yesterday?  I didn't get any emails about anything?  The last thing I want now that I'm a VIB Rouge is not to get emails.  This happen a year ago with VIB, I wasn't getting any offers for months.  Can someone check this?  Thanks

Anonymous Insider

Can't find how much more I need to be Rouge. Please help.

I just called Sephora (877.737.4672) and they checked my account.  I'm only $300 away!  It would be nice if I could check it online, but it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

It should be on your beauty inside profile. At the top it says how many points you have, and what BI level you're at and then it says how far you are away from getting to the next level

I went to my Beauty Insider Profile and it tells me how many points I have in my bank, but it didn't say anything about how much I need to spend to get to the next level.  Am I supposed to click on something?

When you go to the VIB welcome page, it tells you the number of points, the number of points to go to your next reward, and beneath that the number of $$ to go to hit the next level (which may or may not be accurate... mine still has not been updated)  Basically, scroll to the top of this page, click on the red VIB on the very top bar, and you should be brought to the correct page.

I don't see a dollar value either.  Maybe it only lists the money you need to spend to get to Rouge if that amount is at or less than $250?  I'm about $270 or so away but planning to make another order this week, I'll let you know if anything changes!

Ooh, i didn't think about there being a threshold value, which seems rather silly.  But i think they are still working out a lot of kinks in the system. Maybe only some people are seeing dollar values, like only some people that have qualified have been updated?

My husband is experiencing the same problem as Dori1965. His points are all gone and he's only a few $$ from qualifying for Rouge.  Please tell me they'll be restored!!

All of my VIB points are gone! What happened? I didn't get to use them! 😞

My points are back! I am now Rouge! Woo Hoo! I'm sooooooooo excited! 🙂 Love ya Sephora! ❤️

Well, I'm over half-way there!  Is that good or bad?  I'm purchasing a Clarisonic Mia 2 this week and by next month I have other wish list items to purchase.  I should be VIB Rouge by the end of August.  Oh, let's not forget the fall discount sale is coming up too!

Anonymous Insider

@Dori1965,

I'll send you a message to discuss this with you in more detail. 

Anonymous Insider

Hello,

I had around 800 VIB points and they are all gone. I was never able to use them. Please Help.

Thanks Janine. 🙂

Yeah!  I can't wait to see what the first gift will be, I'm ready to place an order!

Does this not apply to Canadian citizens? I'm VIB Rouge already and I want to order something with the free shipping but the options for it don't come up when I try to check out. Don't leave the Canadian VIBs out pleaaaaase! 🙂

Me too!  That's the biggest benefit, next to the lovely samples.  Not that I really need an excuse to shop more but the free shipping will definitely get me to try out more items, especially "online only" products.

Please Sephora make this available to us!  Or at least significantly reduced shipping.

1 Reply
testing