Joannimation

Underrated products that are your HG!!

In line with the HG products that didn't work for you, which products do you love that are never talked about??

I just recently started using my Too Faced eyeshadow/blush trio from the All I Want for Christmas set, and I LOOOOVE the dark brown eyeshadow (I don't think it has a name.). I have the Naked 1 palette and have stopped using it since I got this set. It is my go-to eyeshadow, yet nobody really raves about Too Faced's eyeshadows (other than the Chocolate Bar Palette that came out not too long ago).

bad823

Re: Underrated products that are your HG!!

(0) Hearts

A few Clinique products for me:

Chubby Sticks for eyes, I have 2 in the nude/brown range. They are quick, easy, fool proof, mistake proof, last all day, no creasing or fading.

Moisture Surge CC cream, works very well for me, the best of anything I tried so far.

Lash Doubling mascara, have a deluxe sample, very impressive.

nathaliew

What a fun thread! I also love too faced palettes, SO underrated! My HG palette is the boudoir eyes palette. it doesn't look like much but it's so insanely pretty on the lids.... 

Joannimation

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Since I got my Too Faced set, I've been stalking their website. I want EVERY PALETTE!! The boudoir one looks especially nice :smileyhappy:

I'm not even a big eye shadow person!!

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

I have the boudoir eyes palette too and love it!!!!

Joannimation

Ahh, you're enabling me now!! I'm worried that today might be a bad day for our no-buy group!!

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

It is a very pretty palette! I hated when I saw it in the store and just kept passing it! But I just kept looking at it and finally of course I caved. I use all the time now!

Wanna come to TJMaxx?!?!?!

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

Does TJMaxx have a good selection??

I think eventually I will get it. Maybe November for Friends & Family. I'm gonna try really hard till then to use up the Too Faced Eyeshadow/blush trio I have now :smileyvery-happy:

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

They had tons of it today! Shelf after Shelf of the 'necessities'

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

WHAAAA?!?!! Alright, I know where I will be going when my boyfriend's on his business trip next week.

Then in August, I will officially become a hoarder of TF palettes.

hackneyfl

if you give into the dark side ... NO SECRET SANTA for YOU ;-)

nathaliew

YES! Joannimation You know you want it, you know you need it! Give in to the dark side of the force! 

Joannimation

Hackney & nathaliew, see below for your self-portraits:

upload_148053056891351454.jpg

hackneyfl

LOL LOL LOL!!!

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

HAHAHA I am going to burst! I do look smoking if I might say so myself... Evil suits me! 

earpoker

Seriously, my HG is the first product I purchased at Sephora...Fresh Sugar in Rose. Seriously, I put on other lip glosses or lipsticks, then wind up wiping them off and putting on my Fresh balm. Nothing looks or feels as good on me. It's the perfect color, and looks good with everything.  I should just stop buying other lip products because they just go to waste...i get so sad when I get to the bottom of the tube...

Manda

(0) Hearts

I love fresh Sugar in general. It works so well when you use it underneath rose salve. Helps to lock in the moisture and smooth lips. These two products are the only reason why I can wear lipstick.

earpoker

(0) Hearts

I've never tried the two together!  Going to try it now!!!!

Manda

(0) Hearts

Let me know how it works for you!

Manda

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

PTR Rose Cleanser - It is a newer product but seriously, it is amazing. JayReed and I love this product a lot and what it has done to our skin. Makes it so smooth and soft, yet isn't over drying like most. It also smells great! Plus, do I have to mention that it is clearing up my acne scars. You can barely tell I have any scarring on my face.

And some other products, especially for sensitive skin, is Dior Gentle Toning Lotion with Peony Extract, Hydra Life Pro-Youth Sobert Creme and their Pro-Youth Comfort Creme.  I think a lot of people assume that because Dior is mainly known for their perfumes, that their products would be irritating to the skin, which I disagree on.  I have pretty sensitive skin and Dior is one of the few brands which doesn't irritate my skin at all. Their moisturizes also provide a good amount of moisture, which is always helpful.  They are extremely light and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything at all however, because they are made by a company that is known for their perfume, a lot of people are afraid to try them.

However, I have seen Randee mentioning Dior a lot.

http://www.sephora.com/rose-stem-cell-bio-repair-cleansing-gel-P386378?skuId=1614312

http://www.sephora.com/gentle-toning-lotion-with-velvet-peony-extract-P270201?skuId=1268911

http://www.sephora.com/hydra-life-pro-youth-sorbet-creme-P259404?skuId=1234160

sourpanda

(0) Hearts

The only bummer about PTR cleansers is that they contain sulfate :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 74 replies
  • 59 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • nathaliew
    • emmaclaire