michmo

Underrated and Overhyped?

Just for fun:

What do you think is an underrated product or brand?

What do you think is an overhyped product or brand?

For me, my answers would be:

Underrated would be LORAC.  I really love all the products I've tried.  With the exception of the Pro Eyeshadow Palette, many of the other products get overlooked.  However, in my opinion they are always really high quality.  

Overhyped would be Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder.  I know many people will think I'm crazy with this, but I find it very high priced and there are products out there that can give a similar effect.  I have it but don't really love it. 

AlwaysGlamorous

Re: Underrated and Overhyped?

LOVE Algenist!! Totally agree that this line is SO underrated.

poshified

It gives pretty quick results too!

wendyomgwar

I always mean to go play with Givenchy but always end up walking right past their stand at my store! They have great mascaras though. And agree with Clinque definitely overrated! 

alexxxa

(0) Hearts

the givenchy foundation is amazing!!! feels so light and is beautiful! in a black simple bottle too :smileyhappy:

Littlemermaid81

I love Givenchy mascara too - ever since I got the 4 in 1 it's been on my loves...but I have so so many mascara minis I can't bring myself to buy a full one.  Maybe with 4X points time! And that's right before my birthday! 

wendyomgwar

I definitely have to use up too many mascaras before I can buy another one! They're too pricey to just throw away because they're old and I haven't used it!! 

poshified

You two have convinced me to try Givenchy mascaras now!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Do it!!! 

poshified

(0) Hearts

For some reason, Givenchy is so easy to miss. I guess it's because the stand is so blah compared to Benefit, NARS, etc! lol

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I think its a relatively small stand at my store too! 

arielaaaaaaaa

i'm not too sure about overhyped, but as far as Underrated goes...

ORIGINS!

Omg i love this brand now. I'm a skincare junkie and i've tried a ton of products for skincare and Origins is pretty awesome for my skin! I'm totally going to be trying so many more products from them. 

orkira

Love love love Origins!  I use their A Perfect World age defense moisturizers, both the one with and without SPF and their Gin Zing refreshing eye cream.

DST57

You just made me remember...did you ever end up trying the Modern Friction? If so, what did you think? I just read something (might have been on here or in the reviews for it) recently about dampening your face a little, putting it on more like a mask, letting it sit for two minutes and then washing it off for an even better experience. I'm going to give that a try soon!

arielaaaaaaaa

I've only used it once. And i didn't quite read directions too well where it says to use on dry skin. My face was wet lol. So i have to give it another go. But after i try it how it is supposed to be used i will try doing it like a mask as well. Let me know how using it like a mask works out! :smileyhappy:

DST57

Yeah, I have found that if I use it on my face when it's pretty wet, I don't get the exfoliation I'm looking for. I don't need something rough at all, as my skin is super sensitive, but when i used it with wet hands on wet face, it was almost didn't feel like any exfoliation at all. I will let you know about the mask!

wendyomgwar

Origins is a good brand! I use to use their Perfect World Moisturizer and loved it! 

wendyomgwar

I agree I LOVE Lorac they have great pigmentation in their shadows and blushes! They're definitely underrated

Overhyped I know I'm going to get some :smileysurprised: faces lol but I think the OH Turth Serum is overhyped, I mean its good, but I like my Caudalie one better and it doesn't make my face feel sticky like the OH.

Greyes

(0) Hearts

I AGREE!!! I gave been using the truth serum and yea its Citrus but it is making my skin look orange! so0o I stopped! Luckily it was just a free sample. I had such high hopes for it to0o because I love OH's Walnut Scrub I just thought maybe their other products would be just as go0od...>(8( I was wrong! I haven't used Caudalie yet but I'm thinking about it! 

arielaaaaaaaa

Ahhh I love the Truth Serum haha. Which Caudalie Serum are you referring to?

poshified

All this Caudalie serum talk is going to have me pick up the deluxe size with the code online! :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting I love it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 95 replies
  • 100 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • ashhay
    • poemelyric
    • wendyomgwar