LadyInWhite

Two new perfume sets with mini bottles! Finally!

lylysa

Re: Two new perfume sets with mini bottles! Finally!

She openly stated that she had undergone surgery and was under medication (the post that was deleted by Mods actually detailed out a long list of specific types). I am not requesting that she tell us anything she doesn't want to, but if someone puts themselves in a position where the reaction will be one of question, you cannot fault them for questioning.

She has also made mention of needing advice for pain management and treatment because of medical expenses being too high due to spending too much on Sephora and purchases.

If indeed someone (and I mean anyone, not just Sultry, not just someone here in BT) is undergoing surgery or any type of medical condition that requires ample funding but blatantly states having difficulty to do so due to the fact money is being spend on beauty products rather than treatment than it's quite difficult to sympathize.

I know I am not the only person who was left scratching their heads after reading the below post in the "Items to avoid at all cost" thread:

Before I forget, A\"ANASTASIA of BEVERLY HILLS" would be god products, they are NOT worth it.They work wonders and are beautiful when you first get them, but any "wet" or "gel" product is dry and ruined in a month or 2. Any of therir CC's,BB's,Liquid Foundations, powders, illunimatiors, blushes, and Pallettsa are absolutly ...Absolutly Amazing...some of the moet beautiful products in the words..Just Please, stay away from their lipsticks,lip tars,mascaras.Mascara topcoat, and their liqiud eyelines I have just heard hae been reformulated - you can get almost 50 colors and order them in lef handed or right handed ergonomonic liquid pencils, they did not used to be like this, over the last 16 months they have been reformulated for ultimate classic Hollywood Glam ( My friend who uses al theri products, she uses Shashbox Mascaras and no topcoats )

I would die to go to one of her dinners again, atleast she cals me up somedays...even tho it is 4 am EST not PACIFIC Time! ROFLMAO! hahahaha The secrets behind the Hollywood signs..I know many old ones cause I was there in a pinch but some of there newer and older ladies are set in there ways and you would really he surprised in their favorites!

I'm not being facetious when I'm asking right here and right now, how going to dinner and being contacted regardless of time frames has to do with items to avoid?

Even if her post was grammatically correct and there were no spelling errors or variances in capitalization, it is still very jarring and out of place. I know threads can have comments and posts that skew away from the original topic, but there is still a stream of communication exchanges by participating Beauty Talk users that outline how "point A" lead to "point B".

Katty, I want you to know that the tone of my post is in no way to attack you, I am merely responding to the best of my ability in a clear manner than I hope bests expresses keeping an even tone and approach on this subject.

BrennaBombshell

...That isn't requesting personal information. And Lylysa was just being exceptionally nice and understanding, why are you snapping at her? She was just asking a question and explaining the actions of people.

lylysa

I didn't take Katty's message as being snappy, though I do very much appreciate the support. Anyone who's been on the Internet long enough knows that how things are said and how things are read can be two very different things.

:smileyhappy:

annec322

[ Edited ]

I agree with Brenna.  I don't think people need to be shamed for reaching out to someone.  If someone wants to keep personal info private, which they have every right to do of course, they can just decline to answer any questions.  Better yet, don't post a bunch of personal info online to begin with; that just opens the door.  When I see posts this user has left, my brain always screams "TMI, TMI!"  I personally wouldn't post info I wasn't okay with others knowing.  Just saying.

I really am sorry if that sounds preachy.  It's just my two cents; take it as you will.

kbmatthews

[ Edited ]

Aww, Brenna. I know, you stayed out of it in the last few threads. It's fun to play along, so I get it :smileyhappy: 

I do feel like the making fun of has gone too far, though. She hasn't insulted or hurt anyone that we know of, she's just not the best at posting and can be a little misguided in her information. Being melodramatic online is sometimes a sign that a person doesn't have many people in real life to talk to, or just wants to be noticed and fit in. She could have a culture/language/learning barrier, or not be good with computers.Or just is an in the moment kind of person. 

I think the point has been made well enough, and we should withhold judgement until she responds.

lylysa

For my South Park and Archer fans...

ShinyMagpie

chicken-rooster-photos-pics-funny-meme-lol-oh-hey-there-photobomb_thumb-6873.jpg

ghkim

shiny, you are my hero.

quotidianus

chicken lady.gif

love2shop42

She needs to turn on her spell check! :smileyhappy: 

ShinyMagpie

Or something! 

strawberrygirl8

So excited! I wish there was more variety than last year, but I used those all up, so I can definitely say that I liked them, at least! And definitely glad that a couple of the minis are rollerballs instead of the dabbers. Thanks so much for sharing the info! 

LadyInWhite

I have to admit, I spent most of the Christmas mini perfume bottle specials month worrying that all the bottles I'd just spent 1000 points on were going to be in the spring mini perfume box set.  I guess I fretted for nothing :smileyhappy:

dolceloure

Hooray!! I've been checking every few days for a new set, I'm so excited they've brought back the deluxe sample bottles!! :smileyvery-happy:

calamityjane85

Ha, trying to lure us with pretties... I am still mad *grumbles*

HookedOnBeauty2

Thank you!!! I added this set to my loves and was added to the email list for me when it's available. I absolutely adore the perfume, skin care and mascara sets.

garnett

Very nice!  I love the Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline and the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black.  

ShinyMagpie

Must look away. Will not spend money here. Grrrrr. 

bratknits

Psssssssssssssst ...lotta nice new fragrance GWP over at Nordies now....

AznAngelLiz

Thanks for posting! I have every one of the minis except for the Nirvana Black/White so this won't be for me :smileysad:

That means there's one more for you lovely ladies :smileyhappy:

jenjendoitagain

Oooh, but the Black and White is awesome! Paired together even better as suggested from the lovely ladies here! :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 111 replies
  • 622 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • eadelaide1
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • lyravega
    • jojobe
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure
    • bambina2011
    • StyleLynn
    • garnett
    • Missie772
    • Urbie
    • Katty2323
    • AznAngelLiz
    • LadyInWhite
    • beethousand
    • NikkiShops
    • ghkim
    • strawberrygirl8
    • jellybean917
    • calamityjane85
    • mdelrosario91
    • bratknits
    • Loretta55
    • Londonlover101
    • ShinyMagpie
    • LindenAnn
    • sp2001
    • love2shop42
    • sparklekai
    • butterblume
    • kbmatthews
    • quotidianus
    • jenjendoitagain
    • BrennaBombshell
    • SuzeAlex
    • comfyrock
    • annec322
    • redwagon44
    • 1SultrySCENTNut
    • HookedOnBeauty2
Photos10
  • chicken-rooster-photos-pics-funny-meme-lol-oh-hey-there-photobomb_thumb-6873.jpg
  • original.jpg
  • chicken lady.gif
  • tumblr_m4klap8WyZ1rwcc6bo1_500.gif
  • monty-python-taunting.jpg
  • upload_5650115775642312641.gif
  • tumblr_inline_mulck2inGy1sn8dvy.gif
  • upload_5160017065171238484.gif
  • Iapologize.jpg
  • L2VCpom.jpg