MLennon

To save or not to save? ...Your points that is!

I don't think I've ever spent my points since I became a Beauty Insider. I have more points that I'd like to admit, but I can't bring myself to spend them because of the "what if something better comes out" idea...

Anyhow, do you guys save or spend your points? Anything you're saving up for or anything you've spent your points on that you'd like to share?

Thanks for your thoughts! :smileyvery-happy:

Sidenote: This is my first question so forgive me if I posted in the wrong section/this question was already asked! 

jltrdms

Re: To save or not to save? ...Your points that is!

(0) Hearts

Last year I saw a NYC trip/makeover for 5000 points. I now have this as my goal in the event something like that would be offered again.

w3ndy

(0) Hearts

I have close to 10000 pts.  Im planning to keep saving until they have something cool that I can redeem for. 

MegEm

(0) Hearts

I was a sometimes-spender (100 here or there, 500 on the Nars kit), but after seeing the big-point perks earlier this month, I am definitely saving from now on in hopes that they do something similar next year.

MLennon

(0) Hearts

Did you happen to catch what they were? I'm mad I missed them! I only caught the Marc Jacobs one, which is still in stock. 

hydee77

I used to spend my points like crazy back when I first started with Sephora but now I hoard them while waiting for a point reward that is actually worth it or use it on something I am curious about.  Recently I did cave and get the 1000 Marc Jacobs perk but before that one, I've been kinda underwhelmed by the other point perks.  I did get the Alterna perk that was recently offered because I've been curious about the whole "caviar" treatment for your hair.  I've yet to use it though.  But I remember a long long time ago they offered a Too Face eyeshdaow palette for 500 points, I forget what all came with it but I remember getting that.  It wasn't a full size palette but the eyeshadows were so pigmented I only needed a tiny bit each use.

I've spent quite a bit during the 4x promo so my goal is to hold off until they offer those bigger point rewards next year.  That's a long time but at this rate I think I can do it. :smileyhappy:  Maybe I can get my hands on one of those designer bags or something.

carrierose

That's exactly what I'm going to do.  I have 3341 points so I have to save and stalk when it's around the time that those come out.  And STAY AWAY the rest of the year so that that point total doesn't quadruple. :smileywink:

MLennon

(0) Hearts

Me too! I was never really interested in the sample for 100 pts because I either already had them or could ask for a free sample in store. That eyeshadow sounds awesome though, I'm an eyeshadow hoarder so anything related would so be what I spend my points on! 

MlleCC

(0) Hearts

I'm a saver, though not necessarily by choice.  I usually skip over the point perks that I've seen as a GWP elsewhere, that show up frequently in value sets, or that I can easily get as a made-in-store sample.  I'm not sure that I have the patience to save for the multi-thousand point perks, but something like the 1000 Marc Jacobs perk is definitely worth holding out for!  :smileyhappy:

gingaaa

I always seem to miss that 5 minute window in August where the fabulous 1000, 5000 and 10,000 point perks are offered, so I'm going to start spending my points.  Still, I try not to go crazy for every item offered particularly since we have so many opportunities to get freebies with orders.  The holiday season 500 point perks are usually pretty awesome and what I hold our for.  The manager at my Sephora has a trip to Vegas for a Sephora convention and I guess the upcoming 500 point and 1000 point promos will be revealed (along with a bunch of other fabulousness).  Sephora? Vegas? Drool. 

MLennon

Oooooo exciting!! I haven't spent mine yet because I'm still waiting for new perks (I already have a lot of Marc Jacobs lip glosses so I don't want to spend 1000 points on that) Can't wait to see what the new ones are!! 

AdNauseam

I am a saver. I really wait for products that I know I love as it is always handy to have the little travel sizes. 

I don't think I have used my points since they had a Josie Maran kit and the itty bitty Fresh lip trio. 

Another thing to consider and what I do with my larger samples that come in the little treat bags ... I know which products that my friends like or would like and I have them in little baskets with rolled washcloths when they come to visit. 

My friends show up and they have a Laura Mercier tinted Moisturizer that they can throw on for that early Starbucks run or some little brightening mask to take off the air travel dullness. I also do this with products that don't work on my skin, hair or nails and tell them to take them with them when they leave for their daughters or themselves.  

MLennon

(0) Hearts

I love that idea!!! I have so many samples of everything, thats exactly what I'm going to do with them! 

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

I am a point saver too! I have been known to save my points for 6 months to a year without redeeming them for anything. I wait until there is a perk that I know I will really love and use before I even think of redeeming my points. :smileyhappy: I always like to have at least 500 points in my Beauty Bank at all times in case something comes out that I know I can't live without. :smileywink:

Best,
Randee
distracts

(0) Hearts

I have a pretty extensive wishlist and if anything on my wishlist is ever a point item, I get it. I also get most of the perfume minis (if it's anything I don't have a full size of) just because I like the little bottles. But then I have like 1500 points sitting in my account and bigger point items rarely appeal to me.

fatimamummy

(0) Hearts

I always spend my points mostly on 100 pt skincare perks that I want to try,,,but now on I will save my points till next year Augest appreciation and only spend it when there is something really really good.

annypoo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've only spent 500 pts on a benefit point perk and at first I felt like it was worth it because I haven't seen any good 500 pt perks that were appealing to me, but afterwards I kind of changed my mind. I think I would've rather get five small 100 pt perks since I would be able to choose each item. For the 500 pt perk, sometimes I would only like 1/2 of the products. I think next time I would rather save up my points for something better. 

itscarin

(0) Hearts

I've decided to save my points for next year.  The rewards they offer through the year are flimsy compared to the rewards they offer during the august appreciation event.  For example 1000 points gets you that Marc Jacobs gift set of a lipstick and lipgloss, or you could have redeemed it for the 1000 point Bite Beauty perk which included 3 lipsticks and 1 customized lipstick.

MLennon

(0) Hearts

I saw the Marc Jacobs perk but I didn't know about the Bite one! I'm going to their lip lab in September and I'm so excited to create something... It's about all I want to do when I first get there! Ha ha. 

heartsmyface

I recently spent 1000 points on a full sized duo of marc Jacobs lipstick and lip vinyl.  That was worth it to me.  I got the benefit set as well for 500... I'm not totally consistent but freak out if I go below a certain number in case something good comes up. 

MLennon

(0) Hearts

I saw that! I wasn't sure if I wanted it though since I already have a lot of the lip glosses. I'm glad you like them though, points well spent :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • hydee77
    • carrierose
    • gingaaa
    • fatimamummy
    • jltrdms