MLennon

To save or not to save? ...Your points that is!

I don't think I've ever spent my points since I became a Beauty Insider. I have more points that I'd like to admit, but I can't bring myself to spend them because of the "what if something better comes out" idea...

Anyhow, do you guys save or spend your points? Anything you're saving up for or anything you've spent your points on that you'd like to share?

Thanks for your thoughts! :smileyvery-happy:

Sidenote: This is my first question so forgive me if I posted in the wrong section/this question was already asked! 

pixistick

Re: To save or not to save? ...Your points that is!

(0) Hearts

I also used 500 points on a Benifit set and wish I hadn't. Since then I have been saving my points. Does anyone know when the double, triple, quadruple (depending on your status) points show up?

MLennon

(0) Hearts

I'm confused about that too. A few days ago my points jumped up dramatically and now they're steadily still going up even though I haven't purchased anything. At fist they were automatically added, then taken away, and now I think they're adding them again...confusing! I wish there was a way to see the points you earned per product (like if they were quadruple or just single) That would help so much!!

Crazy4Sephora1

I also really stingy with my points. I have over 7700 so far and I always want to save them especially now that they are having more high point gifts.

MLennon

(0) Hearts

Wow!! That's awesome! I fell like if I spent mine, then one of those higher point rewards would come out...just my luck! 

emmohh

I went through a phase where I was getting at least one 100-point perk with every purchase/order but now that I know the high point perks are going to be a yearly thing and the introduction of 1000-point perks throughout the year I've been hoarding them since the beginning of July.

Waywardspirit

(0) Hearts

Question: If you spend your points do you lose your "status"  so, right now I am at 311 and I believe very close to the next level (350 I think for VIB?) but if I go above 350, spend them, do I start back at "Beauty Insider" instead of any VIB I earned?

redwagon44

Beauty insider status (VIB or VIB Rouge) is determined by total amount spent in a calendar year, not by points. So no worries about spending points! :smileyhappy:

etscore1

[ Edited ]

For 100 point items, I only buy if it's something I know I love already or have been curious to try but comes with a price that keeps me from purchasing it. 

The 250 point items are never tempting - not interested in a perfume or phone case.

500 points would have to really wow me and the only one that I have considered is the current Hourglass one. 

But after Sephora dropped those giant 1,000-10,000 point bombs on us earlier this month, I think I'm going to hang onto mine for a bit except for maybe a 100 here or there if it makes sense to buy.

PS - Welcome. :smileyhappy: 

MLennon

(0) Hearts

I know! Those higher point "prizes" are what's driving me to save! Haha. 

Michelle06

(0) Hearts

I'm terrible and spend my points quite frequently. Usually on 100 point perks that I really want to try. I recently spent 500 points on a Benefit set from the Sephora inside JC Penny and regretted it a few days later when I got the email for the origins 500 point perk :smileysad:

MLennon

(0) Hearts

I have that same luck, if I were to spend any of my points the next day would be something even more awesome haha. 

lew132

(0) Hearts

I usually only spend my points on 500 or 1000 pt items.  I'll save until something comes up that I know I'll use then ill stock pile again. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • hydee77
    • carrierose
    • gingaaa
    • fatimamummy
    • jltrdms