YouAreAlways

The best of the drugstore UNDER $20

Hello all, obv I love Sephora. I went in yesterday and found a few things I wanted. 

However after I ended up going to a drug store and wanted WAY more. And almost bought it all. I find myself doing this more and more because the drugstore items are way less money I think well it would be stupid not to! 

Anyway, this left me wondering. What are the best items that you have bought from a drug store brand that really impressed you? 

And under $20. 

clemon

Re: The best of the drugstore UNDER $20

(0) Hearts

NYX HD concealor

NYX blushes in general 

Real Technique brushes (I dare say I like them more than my Bobbi Brown ones, which is a shame)

(some) Almay eyeshadows (the ones that come in a palette)--such creamy texture, but quality isn't consistent throughout the range...or even within a single palette, but nice nonetheless

Rimmel concealor (one with the wand and the one with the squeezing tube)

Rimmel wake me up foundation 

Revlon cream blush 

many many mascaras (covergirl professional, prestige) 

krtty1125

(0) Hearts

I love Almay's waterproof makeup remover pads (soaked in mineral oil) and Rimmel's lip liner.  I also like Garnier's rollerball depuffing under eye roller. It has caffeine in it which is really the only thing, besides cold spoons and tea bags, that's ever really helped my under eye bags.

msmelendez

(0) Hearts

The rocketmascara by maybelline

verisimilitude

(0) Hearts

the Nivea lip balm (a kiss of milk and honey) makes my lips super soft!

maybelline color tattoo in Bad to the Bronze is so pretty

I don't think anyone's mentioned e.l.f. Their lip exfoliator and blush and bronzer duo (St. Lucia) are amazing as well

sourpanda

(0) Hearts

Anyone have suggestions for great drugstore body butters/lotions?

shadetertiary

I love the Yes To Carrots body butter - for me, I've found it works even better than Soap & Glory!  Plus I adore the scent.

BrennaMcD

The best body butter I have ever used is the Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. It leaves my skin super soft and sinks into the skin quickly.

Sn4rky

I use the Aveeno Stress Relief Moisturizing Body Lotion (lavender and chamomile) and it's fantastic.  All of the Aveeno body lotions are incredibly creamy and moisturizing but never greasy.  Keeps my skin hydrated for such a long time

AngieSz

I am really addicted to bath & body works aromatherapy stress relief, scented with eucalyptus. I haven't put it down all winter. I normally get really dry, cracked knuckles in the winter, sometimes to the point they bleed and the lotion has prevented that ALL winter. It' is a body cream, $15 for 8oz. I'm not a huge bath and body works fan but I love this stuff.

daeidre

The St Ives Intensive Healing lotion is really good. Light but still packs a decent moisture punch, smells mildly fresh but not overwhelming, and cheap and easy to find! Plus it has a pump (which I love).

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

every single one of the EOS lip balms, they are such a pick-me up. sweet and moisturizing all the flavors are delicious and my favorite is honeydew melon and cool mint.

LariTheLoud

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Things that I love from the drugstore:

Milani Baked Blushes

Revlon Lipsticks and Lip Butters

Maybelline Color Tattoo

Maybelline Rocket Volume Express Mascara

Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara

I typically use Maybelline Greatlash Mascara for bottom lashes because the wand is a good shape for me to grab onto them!

Milani Color Statement Lipsticks

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

NYX lipsticks and butter glosses

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner

Rimmel Scandaleyes liners

Real Techniques Brushes

SLEEK i-Divine eyeshadow palettes...

Basically I love bargain buys but the quality has got to be there for me to grab it. Mostly I will buy things I go through very quickly from the drugstore - mascaras and eyeliners in particular.

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this yet, but I started using Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser about a month ago, and it's been an awesome primer for me. The formula goes on similarly to Benefit Porefessional.

i also love Nivea lip butter. I personally don't like sticking my finger in it, so I use a lip brush and apply it liberally before bed. I wake up with the softest, smoothest lips.

Rimmel Stay Glossy 3D lipgloss has also been a pleasant surprise. I love the reflective specks in it, but they don't make my lips look glittery. The formula isn't sticky either and feels really good on.

ive been hearing so many great things about drugstore mascara, and I would love to find one for my short, straight Asian lashes! ☺️

marydiva

(0) Hearts

I really like Burts Bees lip balms and tints (:

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

I like:

Lip Crayon: Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick -- these have some sort of fruit flavor, in colors Bright Berry, Soft Raspberry, Plum Perfect, Rich Raisin. I found these more moisturizing than Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm crayons, which were so drying and were just awful to use.

Lip Liner (use as lipstick): Milani Color Statement Lipliner in colors Nude (03) and Fuscia.

Mascara: top lashes: Maybelline New York Volume Express the Colossal, Waterproof, in Glam Black

Mascara: bottom lashes: Maybelline New York Lash Discovery, Waterproof, in Very Black

Cheaper concealer -- I use this on one vein on the outside of my eyebrow: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal pencil in #005 Nude. This is way too creamy to use as a concealer all over but if you've got one small blue vein like this, it works wonders.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

What's the best primer under $20? I'm looking for a new primer for my oily skin.

The best makeup under $20:

• Sonia Kashuk pressed powder
  • Sonia Kashuk lipsticks (my sisters' favorite)
  • Revlon Age Defying concealer
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
  • L'Oreal True Match Powder for contour/bronze
  • REAL TECHNIQUE BRUSHES!!!
  • Flower Beauty Bronzer Duo 
  • elf brushes
YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

What are your thoughts on the Fit me?

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

Oh duh. You must like it this is a best of list :smileytongue:

gingerblack

The body shop has a primer for oily skin. I haven't tried it but I've heard good things. You should ask for a sample.

colorobsession

I've been on a bit of a drugstore kick lately, as I've been scoring ridiculous deals shopping at CVS. Milani's baked blushes are gorgeous. I'm currently hooked on the shade Luminoso. It's that perfect soft peachy pink that looks really natural and gives you that glow-from-within. Maybelline Color Tattoos are also up there. They have a lot of fun colors, and their newest nude collection of lip/eye/cheek products is pretty killer. The NYX Matte Lip Creams and Lip Butters smell flippin amazing and feel really good on your lips. 

Also, I just discovered that Dove makes a new body wash line that's got some really delicious smelling fragrance combinations. I just picked up the Magnolia and Pistachio Cream, after hearing about the Laura Mercier Bath & Body line and uber lusting after the Pistachio scented products, but not wanting to drop $60 on one of them.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • hydee77
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marydiva
    • waterbaby1981
    • tanyab84