YouAreAlways

Surprises in your mothers make up??

So I just got home from being away for over a month, I am too lazy to unpack but I have to run out so I was going to see what my mom had to offer. Low and behold SHE HAS A BUNCH OF STUFF ON MY WISHLIST! What the heck! How does my mother know about Too Faced shadow and lip primer? How does she know about Benefit Perk up artist! I am beside myself here.

Anyone else raid their moms make up and find surprises?

xpap

Re: Surprises in your mothers make up??

(0) Hearts

My mom and I actually had a really conversation about makeup the other day. Her splurges tend to be more on the fragrance side than the makeup/skincare side but she was complaining about how her bronzer (drugstore) never lasts very long. I offered to look up some recommendations for here on BT and we were browsing Sephora together and she said something along the lines of "$30 for a bronzer! That's why I shop at CVS, mine is less than $10" to which I replied "And that is why it only lasts 20 minutes!" :smileyhappy:

kraezilyunique

My mom didn't wear makeup until I gave her my free makeover last year when I reached VIB - she liked her makeover so much she got a ton of great stuff, like the Hourglass primer, the Nude moisturizer, Too Faced Bronzer, some brushes, and MUFE foundation - and she got it all on my Rouge card after making me promise not to touch her makeup :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

My mom doesnt wear makeup, everytime she needs some for a special occasion she raids MY stash, lol.  But she recently started getting into hair products, and a couple weeks ago I saw Kenra products in her bathroom and I was shocked!  One of the products was one I was thinking about buying, so she let me try hers lol.  I never would have thought i'd find any highend hair products in her possession!

Kiki1517

[ Edited ]

My mom and I rarely speak so I wouldn't know what she has, but I'm pretty sure she rarely wears makeup. I didn't even start getting into makeup until a few years ago as well. I wish I had had something to raid. My daughter is going to have a gold mine 10 years from now! She already raids my lip glosses and on the rare occasion that I actually buy drugstore, I'll let her play with them if I end up not liking them since you can't return like high end items. A little sad that she is only 5 and actually knows what each product is used for and I would actually look pretty decent letting her apply my makeup! (Oh does she love to makeup daddy! Their bonding time after pushups and crunches are done hahaha)

chsu2016

(0) Hearts

My mom loves La Mer, shiseido, SK-II and all of those high-end skincare/makeup products. I wish I could share, not use the same but buy the same products for her like I do for myself.  She doesnt really like those brands like benefit...which I love certainly esp. the boxed blushes, and marc jacobs cosmetics, MAC, kat von d foundation, NARS-I would be so happy if she used Nars!  

When my mom uses blush it is from chanel, or estee lauder, or bobbi brown, laura mercier! I dont use those products besides the bobbi brown foundation and eyeshadows, and the laura mericer's eyeshadow glitter bloc. I find it kind of sad when my mom and I can't relate through these things.

Ive never introduced her to the benefit boxed blushes yet but I will try definitely! It is my dream for her to use similar products as I do

carolang

My mom has some good make up. She probably has twice the number of UD liners I have, and she has 4 or 5 individual palettes of full size urban decay shadows!! Think how $ ... I would never buy that! Haha. I had the Glinda palette and she had Theodora, so when I didn't like Glinda... I gave it to her!

My mom and I are also bareMinerals junkies. After I got married in 2011 and the make-up artist used mineral make up on us... we were hooked. A BM store just opened in our mall too. Then the obsession started!!

Everytime I visit now my mom and I go to Ulta... its my favorite part of the trip haha (because she pays!).

Missie772

My mom loves loves loves Chanel. She will buy that for herself and for Mothers Day, her Birthday, and Christmas, I will buy her stuff that I know she will like. So no surprises in her makeup bag. BUT... if I love something a lot from her makeup collection, she will be like, oh you can have it! YES free Chanel! I love Chanel but free Chanel is even better!

ireneh

[ Edited ]

My mom looooooves guerlain and dior

And shes likes to give me her GWP from those brands so  im not complaining!

Nicrohr

My mom uses all clinique and some lancome - same with my mother's sister, and my grandmother.

And I totally do NOT like those brands!  Darn for me.

They like to give me the GWP, which I love to get, but I wish they were brands I actually liked!

SilveryPink

Back then she wore Lancome lipstick, and i associate the scent with her! i found an old one last week, almost full. 

YouAreAlways

Aww, that would be amazing. 

ry22

Nope I buy my moms makeup for her. I pick out stuff she would like for her. When she runs out of products, she shows me and I buy her another one haha. I know exactly what she has.

However, I think she would be shocked at the true extent of my stash * evil laughter *

MikuNerd65

ooooohh *memories of when I was younger* I can't tell you how many things I found that I envied to have when I was experimenting with makeup. (She had alot of color lipsticks.)  To bad I didn't get to keep much of her makeup when she passed. 

bombshell30

What a wonderful memory! I wish you could've kept her goodies! *hug*

MikuNerd65

Aw, thank you. All I remember is alot of avon sample lipsticks and Maybelline Great Lash mascara.

Nicrohr

When I was younger my mom always had a tons of Avon sample lipsticks for me to play with!

yazmin

My mom doesn't wear any kind of makeup...but I remember playing with the little Avon lipsticks♥

YouAreAlways

Long live the Maybelline Great Lash mascara

MikuNerd65

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

haha :smileyvery-happy: yes it probably was big back when she was a teen, I think it's it's still pretty big

urbandecaybabe

My mother got some Laura Geller Spackle from QVC and I had no idea until I randomly saw it on the shelf one day. It's a huge, industrial sized bottle, too. It surprised me--my mother uses all drugstore stuff, and the only makeup brush she has is a tiny blush brush that came with the ancient blush she's been using for years. I wasn't expecting it, to be sure. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 94 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • malday
    • ry22
    • puppytia
    • bombshell30
    • solveig