YouAreAlways

Surprises in your mothers make up??

So I just got home from being away for over a month, I am too lazy to unpack but I have to run out so I was going to see what my mom had to offer. Low and behold SHE HAS A BUNCH OF STUFF ON MY WISHLIST! What the heck! How does my mother know about Too Faced shadow and lip primer? How does she know about Benefit Perk up artist! I am beside myself here.

Anyone else raid their moms make up and find surprises?

pinkonyx

Re: Surprises in your mothers make up??

[ Edited ]

Since I could remember my mother has been a Lancôme addict. She uses there skin care and cosmetics. I have definitely used her make up. one great thing about her liking this brand the have GWP a lot so she would give me some of the free goodies! score. 

missfawnie

My mom actually uses my Sephora card for her purchases, so whenever I see her recent purchases on my account info, I get all excited and filled with warm fuzzies. 

She has forever been a working mother with very little time or attention to herself. So I'm thrilled when I see that she went out and bought some nice makeup. I think the most surprising of her purchases have been Bare Minerals foundation (she only wore drugstore when I was growing up... L'Oreal, maybe?) and the Stila In the Light palette. 

ShinyMagpie

My mum always had great stuff. She always had these beautiful Shiseido eyeshado duos that came in red lacquer cases. Lancome, Dior, Guerlain. I always loved raiding her stuff growing up. She doesn't really wear much makeup these days. She's always had great skin. I hope I look half as good when I get to her age. 

bombshell30

Oooooooo nice way to grow up!! :smileywink:

ShinyMagpie

Thanks bombshell. Honestly she had the patience of a saint sometimes. I have two sisters and we all used to get into her stuff. This thread has brought back some good memories. :smileyhappy:

beethousand

My mother's product choices are like a "best of" article in Allure - she uses Mac MSFN as foundation, Nars Orgasm/Laguna blush duo, Benefit They're Real mascara, Mac lipsticks and Fresh lip balms.

bombshell30

Haha it is like a best of beauty ad!! :smileywink: 

beethousand

I forgot - she also uses UD 24/7 eyeliner in Demolition!

solveig

Not many surprises there, because I am usually the one introducing my mom to new and nice things. I got her into YSL foundation and Laura Mercier eyeshadows. My mom is not very adventurous or enthusiastic about makeup, she usually goes for the same look most days - light purple/grey smokey eyes, dark grey eyeliner, mascara, neutral brown-toned rose blush and dusty rose shade of lipstick. She claims that she is happy with her Maybelline mascara (I think she's been buying it for a couple of years now), which seems impossible to me. She did, however, fall in love with my PTR anti-aging cleanser (understandable), so I just bought the gigantic bottle for both of us.

LadyInWhite

My mother always had such a hodgepodge of stuff ~ she was a sucker for any little old lady selling things, so all the Mary Kaye and Avon ladies found her, plus anyone at a makeup counter that could make eye contact.  She just couldn't say no to someone who "needs the sale."

YouAreAlways

Sounds like a sweetheart

garnett

LOL   I am looking at this from the other side of the table.  I am 53 with two sons, 30 & 32.  I have always loved makeup and went from drugstore to department store to great high end brands that we find in Sephora.  IF  I had a daughter I would probably be in big trouble because I have really great makeup now.  I feel I can spend more money on myself now.  Raising a family means someone always needs shoes, clothes, money for tuition and  music lessons...you get the drift.   Maybe I will have a granddaughter some day that I can enjoy all the girlie stuff with.  :smileyvery-happy:

jenjendoitagain

Psssht! I just wish my mom would have good things to offer. I'm almost embarrassed to say what she has.

Okay, okay...you talked me into it. She seriously only owns the following:

LA (?) Colors liquid foundation *shudders* eghhh...

LA Colors powder

Covergirl blush

NYC 3pan eyeshadow in some strange blue colors

I will also say that my mom never wears makeup and this is stuff she purchased four years ago to go on a vacation to Canada.

Everytime I go over to her house it's out on the top of this shelf thing in her bathroom and I always ask, why doesn't she throw it away. Her response is always, "I might go on a vacation in another year or two and need it!" LOL My mom is a trip. But, I respect her always sticking to her guns...she doesn't like makeup and never has...and in my eyes, she will always be the most beautiful woman I have ever met.

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

Aww, the covergirl isnt bad. The scariest thing on this list to me is the blue shadow. 

manniface

boo no, all my mom uses is Clinique (gag)- except wait she does have the Naked palette. She got it after she saw mine but hasn't used it at all.

puppytia

No, no surprises in my mom's makeup bag, because  I pick it all out!!  Just today, I took her to Sephora for lipstick and I had to tell the sales guy what we were looking for.

Teresaanne92

My mom hasn't really been into makeup, she of course wears it but was all drugstore stuff that worsened her skin conditions. For Christmas I got her a lot of Smashbox, Urban Decay, and Tarte. As well as brushes. I went upstairs yesterday and she had a huge bag filled up on the table of makeup from our local makeup boutique! I was so surprised to see she had gotten out on her own to do this for herself. It was filled with Too Faced, Smashbox, and she even invested in some GlamGlow! 

I still live with my parents (they're both military and when they get deployed/tdy'd I still have my 11 year old brother to look after so my fiance and I stayed :smileyhappy: ), and when I go upstairs to their room I often find my makeup in her bag now :smileyvery-happy: haha 

DandyLionFluff

Which branch do your parents belong?

That is great that you were able to introduce your mother to nice things.  I think its cute that she now runs off with your makeup.  I bet she feels a little mischievous doing it too.

It is great that you are able to help with your brother when your parents are deployed.  I am sure that is a great relief to your parents.

bombshell30

You are awesome in more ways than one!

Teresaanne92

(0) Hearts

Thank you! :smileyvery-happy: They raised me well. :smileywink:

shoegirly

[ Edited ]

Big plushy pink hearts for you for looking out for and putting your family first ...warm fuzzies over here! :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 94 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • malday
    • ry22
    • puppytia
    • bombshell30
    • solveig