wendyomgwar

Sunday Morning Random Questions!

[ Edited ]

I love these so much! I feel like they're a fun little way to get to know a little more about everyone so I figured I'd post one of these!

1. What was the last song you listened to?

2. Anything you read recently that you LOVED?

3. What was the last thing you were enabled into buying?

4. Any exciting plans for the coming week?

5. Do you burn candles in the Summer?

6. Whats your favorite overall makeup brand?

neko333

Re: Sunday Morning Random Questions!

1.AC/DC Highway to Hell

2. Book-Greg Gutfeld the Joy of Hate

Manga- Pandora Hearts, it's a really interesting story with an          Alice in Wonderland theme. 

3.Yes to Tomatoes 3 step acne regimen bundle 

4. Camping probably

5. No I hate candles, and all of their smelly, waxy kind. 

6.Eh,  I don't have any brand I'd buy everything from, somethings are better from certain brands.I buy from Korres, Just for Redheads, Holika Holika, and Physicians Formula mainly. 

ashhay

I agree I dabble in my fav brands... You like them in some areas of cosmetics better than others.

wendyomgwar

I think I've read Pandora Hearts actually! OR at least I saw the cover of it before... hmm can't remember now lol. 

jinxski

Oh my gosh that Yes to Tomatoes stuff worked so well for me, I hope it works for you too!

Question - did you ever buy the Holika Holika BB Creams? Would you recommend them to a friend? Haha, I'm thinking of buying some stuff from Holika Holika!

bethhurst

I have used Holika Holika in the past...the BB that I tried was the aqua jelly one (can't remeber the name). I did like it a lot, but a bit dry for my skin type. It was really more like a light, water-based foundation, but the coverage was lovely and natural. I really liked their egg soaps, too!

neko333

(0) Hearts

Yes to tomatoes is amazing! I already own some of their stuff, the mask is the best skin care item I have ever tried! If you haven't tried it they sell single packets. The quality of the products for the price is great!

Yes I have tried Holika Holika BB Cream. The only one I have tried is the clearing blue one, but I plan to purchase them all. I've yet to try other products by them but it's on my "gotta get" list. Only use if you can do  yellow undertones, I'm kind of in between so I can make it work. I get complements on how good my skin looks with it on. It'll definitely even out your complexion and cover most bumps while not completely masking your face (my light freckles still show through). It is a natural matte skin look. It lasts me all day without primer or powder, and I have only minor oiliness by the end of the day . However a finishing powder and a good primer would probably make this stuff not budge at all. I wore this swimming the other day and still had remnants of it when I washed my face later that night, I feel like it's water resistant as sometimes I have to cleanse my face twice to get it all off. But yes, I recommend that for $6 on Ebay that you try one. My friend and my mom tried it and are both going to purchase it.

Titian06

1.  What was the last song you listened to?

I don't remember.

2.  Anything you read recently that you LOVED?

No.

3.  What was the last thing you were enabled into buying?

Nail polish.

4.  Any exciting plans for the coming week?

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow for my six-month check-up.  Nothing can get more exciting than that!

5.  Do you burn candles in the Summer?

I don't have any candles; the frangrances are migraine triggers for me (even when they're not burning).

6.  Whats your favorite overall makeup brand?

I probably have the most make-up in BE.

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Lol the dentist! I think that beats out my Hepatitis A and Tetanus/Diphtheria shots for excitement of the week! 

miabt

1. What was the last song you listened to?

Anuhea - Right Love at the Wrong Time.  Anything Anuhea makes me smile
2. Anything you read recently that you LOVED?

Kingdom Keepers - Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson.  I'm a disney fanatic, so when I saw the series at Barnes & Noble, I immediately looked it up on my phone to DL on my kindle app :smileyhappy:  I just finished it & downloaded the 2nd book in the series!
3. What was the last thing you were enabled into buying?

I bought 2 pairs of shoes at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  I walked around the dept with 2 diff shoes on while debating & my daughter convinced me to just get both :smileytongue:

4. Any exciting plans for the coming week?

I wish I had something exciting planned!  I'm dropping my car off to get worked on, but that's not exciting at all :smileysad:
5. Do you burn candles in the Summer?

I do :smileyhappy:  More so in the evenings or early mornings, when its not so warm out.  
6. Whats your favorite overall makeup brand?

Makeup wise, I love UD.  The color range & variety keeps me coming back :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Aww your daughter sounds like a future enabler :smileywink: lol. 

nebel

(0) Hearts

LOL My husband just discovered the Anniversary Sale and bought three pair of shoes!  I'm so proud of him, haha! (and a little jealous, I only got myself one pair!)

Meg82

1. Young Volcanos by Fall Out Boy.  And it's been stuck in my head ever since.

2. I've mostly been reading news articles lately.  I've loved some on the Showing Up for Racial Justice website.

3. YSL lip stain.  And very soon I will probably be buying more YSL lip stuff all thanks to BT.

4.  I have a ton of stats work that will take up most of my time, but i have plans to have a potluck with some friends on wednesday and I'm psyched for that.

5. Not usually.

6.  I don't really have a favorite, one of the nice things about Sephora is you get access to so many brands all in one place.  That being said of those new UD revolution lipsticks are as good as they seem then UD will become my favorite bc they can rock my eyes and my lips.

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Oh I bought the YSL lip stain a couple of months ago, I'm still on the fence because I really like the L'Oreal ones! But they don't make as many colors :/

kalex

1 - I have Maroon 5 "Love Somebody" stuck in my head.

2 - Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

3 - Dior "Galaxie" polish

4 - Going on a mini vacation for 2 days.  

5 - I do, but not as much as in the fall/winter

6 - Dior

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I love David Sedaris! He's hilarious and enjoy your mini vacation :smileyhappy:

rikkie

Ah, I haven't done one of these all week. I missed them :smileyhappy:

1. Harvey Danger - Loyalty Building
2. Nothing has seemed spectacular since I finished Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. I'll have to lower my standards for a bit or maybe reread Sandman :smileyvery-happy:
3. Caudalie Pêche de Vigne Shower Gel, it sounded too good
4. Not unless I hear about an immigration appointment. Until that happens I am just killing weeks and weeks waiting. Oh, I have to go get some immunization booster shots, that should happen this week, but it's certainly not exciting hahaha. USA wants to be sure you're not going to come in and get yourself/other people sick, which is fair I suppose. 
5. Occasionally I like to, The past two summers I've spent in the hottest apartments on the planet though, with bad ventilation so I think I would have died, hah. 
6. Eek, one?? I don't know if I can... Tarte lately perhaps? I am tempted to buy way too much Dior and Nars during the point event though!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Rikkie I hope all of your problems get solved :smileysad: Maybe as an early birthday present they'll bump up your appointment :smileyvery-happy: one can always hope right! And I keep hearing you girls talk about that Peach Caudalie shower gel... I can't I can't omg!

jenpred

[ Edited ]

I love these kinds of threads!

1. Her Favorite Song - Mayer Hawthorne

2. The Importance of Being Earnest - so funny!

3. Shaveworks Get Smooth Duo / Soap & Glory and Clarity 3-in-1 Vitamin C Wash

4. Hoping to watch Despicable Me 2!! Those minions are adorable :smileyhappy:

5. Do bug repellent candles count? :smileywink:

6. Hmm that's a toughie. I'm honestly all over the place, but the brand that's been with me the longest is Bare Minerals (10 years!!). But I love different things from different brands!

@wendyomgwar - What about you?

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I forgot to post mine within my initial post (like a derp :smileytongue:) so mine was the first comment thats all the way on the third page now. I'm actually watching despicable me 2 tomorrow :smileyvery-happy:

deedjw

These are so much fun!

1:  Wu Tang Clan, The Gravel Pit lol

2:  Terminal World by Alastair Reynolds

3:  Urban Decay Naked palette, I finally caved & I love it!

4:  7 day staycation!

5:  I burn candles all year long

6:  I love soo many but if I had to pick I think it would be Kat Von D's line

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Congrats on your naked palette!!! And your staycation :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 89 hearts