gingaaa

Starving for a discount, triple points, something!

We had triple points on fragrance in both February and May and double points on skincare in January.  Then, 15% off during Chic Week in April.  Sephora Friends and Family is in October and then slowly VIB/Rouge/BI's are given a 20% discount in November.  I've already used my annual 10% VIB renewal discount.

So, here I sit in the month of July sure there has to be something coming, because that is a big time gap until the next fabulous promotion.  I've been searching and see each August, Sephora has done something fun (2011 VIB weekend was every Rouge's DREAM!).  Last year looks like it was a double point situation to celebrate the new BI program.  

Please fill in the blanks, where you see them!  I'm ready to make a bigger purchase, but am holding off for some perks!      

dolceloure

Re: Starving for a discount, triple points, something!

I was looking at my purchases from last summer -- I didn't see anything in July, but in August there was a free "VIB Celebration" bag with several deluxe samples. Maybe they'll do it again this year? I say wait until August, I'm sure something will pop up by then!

beauty4ashes

I shop a lot more online than I did in the past for make-up & skincare because they offer a lot more special promo's & savings. Free shipping offers that aren't dependent on purchase for some brands.

I especially do online shopping near or on a holiday...lot's of holiday gifts, discounts, promo's! :smileyhappy:

blackkitty2014

Nordtrom will have anniversary sale Jul 10-17 for member and starting Jul 17 for non member I think. If I don't remember wrong, they will offer some good deals. This year I'm eyeing on some Jo Malone perfume. The SA told me they will have a Jo Malone gift set of 5 mini scent for $88 and it goes back up to $110 after the sale. You might check with your local Nordstrom to see what kind of deals they offer. I can't find any info online :smileysad:

sundaespal

(0) Hearts

That Jo Malone set is really nice. I have the one they offered before the holidays, but I think the selection in this set is actually a lot better. At $88 I'm tempted.

The MAC brush set is also tempting, but I don't know much about MAC brushes, and I can't find that set right now, which makes me think it's just for the sale.

starsandbucks

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

MAC brushes are almost always reliably nice! They're not the highest of high end but I I've liked pretty much every MAC brush I've ever bought. A few I reach for almost every day and I would call HGs - The 217 shadow blender brush, the 138 tapered powder brush and the 215 shadow shader brush are my favorites that I use constantly! I don't think you can go wrong with MAC brushes. (Generalization of course, I'm sure there are a few stinkers!)

dejena

[ Edited ]

I'm also waiting to see what other beauty stuff they'll have out, but they do have a few pages in their online catalogue devoted to some of the beauty bargains. Go to their webpage, click on the early access banner, then click on the "flip through digital catalog" link. The goods start on page 60 or 61 with the MAC goodies!

gingaaa

Drool.  Just looked at the online catalog and am in love with a few things.  I really like the Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude color set and the NARS Schiap lip and nail set.  I don't have a card though!  Wonder if it will still be available once made available to the public? 

dejena

(0) Hearts

It all looks so gorgeous! I'm just waiting to see them in person... Perhaps I'll just leave work early tomorrow and swing by my local nordies :smileyvery-happy:

I would see if you have a friend with a nordies card this time around. Now that card hold members can bring the merchandise home starting on the first day of the preview sale, and how they do supplies... A lot of the hot items tend to be sold out by the time it opens up to the public.

Although, I'm not sure if the same thing will happen to the beauty products. It's just happened to every single boot that I've bought! Mmmmmm... boots... leather...

gingaaa

(0) Hearts

I don't have Nordstrom locally: will this be online as well?  Do you have to have their credit card to be a member? 

blackkitty2014

@dejena, thx for the info. I overlooked the digital catalog. @gingaaa, you can apply their CC or they can open an acct that link to your debit card.

dejena

(0) Hearts

I also have the physical catalog, and it's traveled thousands of miles with me already! I've been figuring out my huge list of necessary items to buy... and items that I would like!

gingaaa

Debit card?  I'm in business!  Thanks!

irenet

(0) Hearts

The only thing I got in July was the 100 points for purchase of any Marc Jacobs fragrance. The best thing is that it worked with the roller balls so for $22 I got 100 points. I think that ends today.

gingaaa

(0) Hearts

I saw that!  No Marc Jacobs scent really grabs me, so I decided to hold off on that one.  I ask for something and respond, "No not that one."  Life story. 

jenfromnyc

Hopefully something good will come up later this month or in August. I will be needing to stock up on a few products around that time. 

mrsbaine

I scour the internet and find deals not necessarily through Sephora. I've gotten the YSL Friends and Family recently, Beauty.com did a friends and family sale.  Ulta just did something, as did Urban Decay. There's always eBates. Sephora is so sale - lite; you have to look directly to the brands, and other sources to feed your fix. :smileyhappy: 

meagboho

Booo when was YSL's sale? I'm dying to try their glosses because of you!

mrsbaine

Oh, you just missed it! The last day was June 30th. They were doing 20% off so I stocked up big time! 

gingaaa

Looks like it ended June 30th.  You had to spend $75 and the discount was via unique code.  Their glosses are my absolute favorite!

gingaaa

Ok, I needed this wake up.  I am so Sephora loyal and need to break out of that.  I'm signed up for emails from my favorite brands/retailers, but my eyes always seem to scan past those.  Can't believe I missed beauty.com friends and family!  I purchase everything via eBates and have been trying to use Shopkick.  I try and stay on top of Ulta's GWP's and need to pay more attention to what they have to offer.  Thanks for the advice...sale-lite is right!   

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • jenfromnyc
    • dolceloure
    • gingaaa
    • mrsbaine
    • sundaespal
    • beauty4ashes