fhgarman

Someone is selling a VIB Rouge Beauty Studio All Access Pass on eBay

[ Edited ]

This seems wrong and unethical, esp. since you probably actually need Rouge status to use this service. The card alone shouldn't get it for you. And it's quite unfair to those who have reached Rouge status and those of us who are climbing towards it.

I hope Sephora will investigate.

Thank you.

DTalksAll

Re: Someone is selling a VIB Rouge Beauty Studio All Access Pass on eBay

I think it's stupid that we need a separate card for the Beauty Studio. Why waste paper when we can just flash our Rouge card? Honestly, I think I already lost my pass... I know I didn't put it in my wallet yet

Essentially they should be scanning our Rouge card before/after a service to verify. 

invisiblebike

[ Edited ]

Wait, do you need the pass to get the services for the beauty studio? I thought it was either that OR the Rouge card.

Okay, I just looked at the Beauty Studio All-Access Pass. It says, "Carry this all-access pass or your VIB rouge card to unleash more beauty, more often, and indulge in unlimited access to our in-store services at the beauty studio--for free."

The "or" leads me to believe you can either use the pass OR the Rouge card. I think they included the pass in the kits because the online welcome kits don't include the Rouge card, you have to get that in store.

I could be wrong, though!

kenny

(0) Hearts

I hope that I can just use the Rouge Card, I definitely don't have the all-access pass anymore, I have way too many cards to carry around, so I thought that the Rouge status was enough... I sure hope it is, I don't see why I would need another card for the beauty studio on top of that.

invisiblebike

Yeah, I honestly assumed the same. I wasn't sure I still had it either, but I dug through my wallet and was relieved to find it. Hope a mod can let us know if the rouge card is all we need.

keelybt

@Invisiblebike That's right! Your Rouge card is all you need :smileyhappy:

invisiblebike

(0) Hearts

Good to know!!

fhgarman

UPDATE: Just checked the original link and the auction ended because "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

i wonder if sephora will change their rouge cards at the end of 2014 or something? because if it stays the same, and lets say next year you don't qualify for 2015, they cant take away your rouge card, so will the cashier cut your rouge and give you a BI or VIB one instead? lol

ChicDabbler

I wondered the same thing for VIB, but after I qualified, I haven't been able to prevent myself from keep qualifying, so.....=X

Esdee

(0) Hearts

I was about to say the same thing!  As Rouge, I've almost spent enough to become Rouge again, so I'm really not worried about not being able to hit that amount next year.

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

I'm not worried either, but just wondering! Idk what will happen next year! I am sure i requalified, but, who knows! just wondering! i LOVE my little red card! lol

mafan

(0) Hearts

It looks like all current auctions involving passes have been pulled. They're not showing up on a search. 

Esdee

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The second one is still in effect, but she's updated the description to read "*Update: I received information that some Sephora stores would need to verify email address before receiving unlimited makeovers. I still think you might be able to get away with showing the card and receiving services (I think it's worth a try). So again there is no guarantee on the card working so at least you are bidding on the mini bite lipstick in rouge, packaging, and the possiblity of the unlimited makeover pass working."

Edited to add: Just checked my email, and she responded to my question by just saying thanks for the information.

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

Well, he/she at least has it labeled.  Mind, they're also trying to sell the "Give me some lip" set for ten bucks more than it is on Sephora, while it's in stock, so maybe they're used to people making foolish decisions.  

Esdee

The original listing has been ended: "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."  Has anyone messaged the second one that includes the mini to let them know that they're also mistaken in it being able to be used by just anyone?

lylysa

Nice job keeping a look out!

Not sure if the second ($29.99) poster has been contacted yet.

joeanne

(0) Hearts

I did message both the first and the second ($29.99) seller and the second messaged me right back through ebay asking if I worked for Sephora and saying she was told by several Sephora employees that all you had to do was show the All Access Pass and nothing else.

She said there were no terms or conditions mentioned on the back of the card but she would contact Sephora's Customer Service and ask them if what she was doing was allowed. She has not pulled her auction and I doubt she has contacted Sephora, so I do hope Sephora does something to prevent this.

dianabt

Hello, 

It is unfortunate that clients are selling these VIB Rouge Beauty Studio All-Access Passes on ebay or other sites, and we are following up with the appropriate departments and solutions teams. 

To clarify, your VIB Rouge account status should be checked by cast members prior to all scheduled Beauty Studio appointments. Simply just flashing a VIB Rouge Beauty Studio All-Access Pass in stores will not guarantee that you will receive a service. All VIB Rouge clients must make an appointment for Beauty Studio services which are subject to availability. 

As a reminder, Sephora reserves the right to cancel memberships of anyone violating the terms at any time. Clients who are found to be abusing the terms of membership will lose their VIB Rouge status.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

Amen to that, Diana!

I think some stores/employees might not feel the need to check because they get comfortable or even lazy to take that extra step to verify and just assume that if someone has the card it's through honest means of obtaining it. That's just unfortunate across the board because that leaves room for folks to take advantage of the awesome bonuses that Sephora's set in place.

JenBlush

If they are lazy enough to not check their email, then they should be lazy enough to not want to do their makeup! lol therefore, they should check! haha

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • annonymous1
    • dianabt
    • lylysa