amynadinexo

Sharing reviews on recent samples

I've made quite a few orders in June and July so I have lots of samples! :smileyvery-happy: who doesn't love the free samples?! Please feel free to review any of your samples or products you use or the products I've listed on this thread! Me and my mom are looking for new skin regiments and could use some help.

Okay lets begin.

Ceramic Slip Cleanser By Sunday Riley

I really enjoyed this cleaner. It did a good job reducing my pore-size but I've tried multiple products that have done that, so I'm not sold on it. My skin did look really smooth and "ceramic" like but it only lasted like an hour. It may have been because I was using a little bit at a time but that's because I had to do a pre-wash each time because it wouldn't wash my make up off. Therefore I don't know how good it is at cleansing.

Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser.

I only got two good uses out of this so i'm not sure if i'm 100% sold. I did see my pores on my nose tighten up but I don't know how long that lasted. My skin did feel really clean and fresh, and I loved the minty scent and feeling to it. 

Has anyone used these on a daily basis and can tell me a little more about it?

Me and my mom are on the search for a good cleanser that doesn't strip and dry our skin but can control the daily oil we get on our T zone and shrink pores, yet wash away our make up and impurities. 

I also tried Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil and I didn't really like it.

The scent was a delight but it was too gentle didn't go a good job cleansing my skin. With enough of it it removed my eye make up and without irritating my skin which was great but I'm looking for more in a cleanser.

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream

.. I didn't like this at all. Maybe I don't know how to use it? Maybe its the color of it and it just doesn't go well with my skin tone? It left a film on my eyes and just didn't do anything my eyes looked the same and my eyes can get really puffy and look tired looking in the morning. I don't like how thick it is and I don't like the shimmery color to it. Could just be me but I didn't see results with it, I still have some left so maybe I'll give it another try.

I have to say I like Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Eye Gel way better. I like the cool hydrating feeling, I did see a difference in the puffiness around my eyes and its very light weight. I don't know if it has that instant lifting effect it claims but I do like it a lot and I'm saving my free sample of it for when I go to Disney next week! :smileyhappy:

Korres Antiageing Primer

I really like the texture of it. Very light weight and soaks right in. This might be my new primer because it proved to smooth my laugh lines and my skin looked more smooth and real under all of my make up and it actually helped my MUFE face & body foundation go on evenly and stay. Idk why but the MUFE foundation just doesn't soak in and last on my face, even when using MUFE HD Primer (which feels like it does nothing). Anyway the Korres Antiageing Primer is a lot like Tarte's Clean Slate Primer because it doesn't have silicone in it which is great for me with my oily T zone, but it does a great job smoothing my skin and does wonders with my makeup application.

Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation

Wow the sample for this was the smallest sample I've ever received! So I only got one good application out of it. I really liked it but I can't say for sure how long it lasts. I've been looking for a new foundation because I'm new to the heat in the south and I have to find new products to work with my skin. I've tried most foundations and they either look bad in the sunlight or melted off in just two or three hours. All I can say about this foundation is that it did what it said. It matched my skin, blended right in, and had light to medium coverage. I really liked the texture and how it felt like a cream/lotion that my skin quickly absorbed. 

Well there is more I could list but I still have a lot of samples to try so I'll wait to add them to my next thread.

<3

mafan

Re: Sharing reviews on recent samples

Great idea!  I don't have any reviews of recent things off the top of my head, but I may be back.  But I just wanted to say that you might want to consider two cleansers at night.  One to remove makeup and then cleansing again to get everything off.  That stuff is designed to stay on, after all, so you do need to wash well.

The one sample I've used recently is First Aid Beauty facial wash.  I liked it enough that I bought a small starter kit with that and the toning pads.  It seems to remove stuff well, although I don't wear that much heavy makeup.  And I wash a second time when I do.

poshified

Re: Sharing reviews on recent samples

Great thread! :smileyhappy: I finally finished the Origins GinZing 100 pt perk I picked up nearly half a year ago. I didn't see any differences, so I'll be passing on my second tube of it to someone else. I'm definitely liking the Bliss Triple Oxygen Eye Gel a whole lot more -- maybe because it's a gel.

YSL Baby Doll Mascara: Good mascara, but still doesn't hold a curl like waterproof mascara can for my stubborn stick straight lashes.

Guerlain Cils D'enfer Maxi Lash Mascara: LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of this mascara. Good for people who want natural looking eyelashes.

I'll be adding more to the list for sure.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • poshified
    • mafan
    • amynadinexo