Sephora traveling box #2

carrie1975

Sephora traveling box #2

[ Edited ]

IMG_20130822_230349_323.jpg

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we

edit(finally) the final list

1. jaimelove

2. bambina 2011

3,christydiane

4.wendyomgwar

5.kalex

6. Missie772

7, Poshified

8. DesertRose0706

9,nebel

10.lindaDD

11.qmgirl

12.viviene23

13.jellybean917

14.mafan

15.violalea

16.arielaaaaaa

17.rikkie

18.Aznangelliz

19.ggrace

20.dannyc

21.mollybb

22.theramenlover

23.spyski

24.Kiki1517

25.gtichick

26. carrie1975

Rules

-don't keep the box for more than a few days

-don't put in anything unsanitary

-send your address to the person above you

-try to place what you took with something as nice or nicer

-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them

-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left

-package things carefully and put things that could leak in ziplock bags

-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before

-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we can do the same rules as #1. So, who wants to get this beauty box first?

wendyomgwar

Re: Sephora traveling box #2

(0) Hearts

That's really sweet! I would really appreciate it, but still hope that the mini will make it to me! Lol

jaimelove

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you :smileyvery-happy: 

mafan

@carrie1975, I think you've hit on a key theme here. It's hard to see all of those perfume minis go and none be added, even if I have them all already and wouldn't take one! I have this vague hope that some others would be added and something fun might show up. 

I"d possibly be interested in a mini perfume box, but it might be hard to organize. If you have a large stash then you might get the box and find nothing new in it for you. So working out who wanted what might be harder. I know I would be unhappy to have the only thing that I wanted in a box be promised to someone after me. Also, I think the box would have to be smaller and go via surface mail. It's very hard to say there is no perfume in it when everything is perfume!

I do think it makes sense to try to keep the box balanced. I know I'd hate to see a box with lots of blushes 3 people ahead of me suddenly have no blush in it left for me to consider (my stash is noticably low there.) Nad I agree, a few reserves are fine, but a half reserved box would be no fun for someone to receive. So think sbout what the next few people get  to choose from when you take things out and put things in.  ( I am pretty sure the folks after me don't want all Philosophy shower gels and lip glosses and Sephora moisturizers, but let me know if I'm wrong :smileywink: )

Now who's sending me so e blushsuggestions, anyway :smileywink:

Appologies for typos. The iPad is driving me nuts tonight!

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i don't have any perfume minis to add to it, but when my daughter gets home tomorrow and we go through everything to make final decisions some of those will go back in the box. i'm sorry if i upset anyone by taking so many of the perfumes, i thought i had made my intent clear before, as this was the reason i wanted the top spot. i added more than i took out to make up for that, since i didn't have any similar items to replace them with. but no worries and no hard feelings, feel free to message me if i stepped on any toes or upset anyone :smileyhappy: i promise it was not my intent. there are still more than half of the minis in the box, though :smileyhappy: i just got so dang excited to see all the pretty baby bottles i guess :smileywink: 

rikkie

I think the thing is that even if  there are more than half the minis left, it's mostly yellow diamond at that point, right? Maybe at least give them a sniff and make sure you don't hate some of them. :smileytongue: A collection is a collection, but if the next person has been dying to try something that will just sit on a shelf unused, it kind of defeats the purpose, right?

I think we ALL got excited to see the pretty bottles, and as the first person on the list you get first choice, but if you were a few places down the list wouldn't you be a bit disappointed to see so much variety gone? Obviously I'm nowhere near the top of the list and it probably doesn't affect me at all, but that's how I see it I guess. I hope it's not out of place to say. Good luck making all your final decisions, it can't be easy I'm sure! :smileyhappy:

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

anybody want to do a deluxe perfume mini only traveling box? We could make it so for every one you take you must replace it with another deluxe mini perfume, not all the same ones though. I could get it started!

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

I wanted to add the rest of the rules here.

If something is marked for someone else, please don't take it.

- if you want to take 10 of something similar, that is fine but please replace some with like items, if you can.

-I think we should limit what we want set aside to the minimum amount. If there is something you've been dying to try, reserve it! But let's not get carried away so half the box is reserved.

-message me if you have any concerns or issues with respect to the box, your turn, etc.

jaimelove

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

ok. here's my tentative lists:

taking:

sephora highlighting compact powder (still debating)

laura mercier flawless skin face polish

nars satchel with 4 deluxe samples

sephora compact mirror

hello kitty polish x3

ole henriksen truth serum

body shop shadow duo

flowerbomb mini

miss dior mini 

yellow diamond mini

gucci flora gorgeous gardenia mini

amazing grace mini

loverdose mini

crystal noir mini

bright crystal mini

especially escada mini

balenciaga mini

~18 foils

adding: 

soap & glory face soap and clarity 1oz *new

tarte amazonian clay double detox mask deluxe sample *new

essie in leading lady *swatched

sephora ultra vinyl lip pencil in coral crush *used once

julep suede finish polish in brit *swatched

honest co. organic lip balm in purely simple *new

pop beauty pouty pop lip crayon in fuchsia flirt *swatched

nyx ultra pearl mania loose powder in penny *new

julep quick dry polish drops *used once

julep age defying hand brightener 1oz *new

sephora colorful mirror shadow in queen for a day deluxe sample *new

tarte rise & shine lip gloss & stain in pink *swatched

tarte rise & shine lip gloss & stain in nude *swatched

tarte lash primer deluxe sample *new

julep glitter pot in pink *new

julep polish in brandt *swatched

sephora cream body was cap in lagoon

sephora cream body wash cap in lemon verbena

julep suede finish polish in minka *one manicure

hope in a jar night deluxe sample *used once

hope in a jar deluxe sample *new

nailtini polish in mai tai *new

marc jacobs highliner deluxe mini in blaquer *new

bh cosmetics california collection deluxe shadow sample (3 shadows) *swatched

bumble & bumble bb texture hair undressing cream deluxe sample *new

nyx cream shadow in chestnut *swatched

julep polish in chelsea *swatched 

~40 foils/perfume vials

i also have a target brand (up & up) facial scrub that's still nearly full if any one is interested. forgot to check the package for salicylic acid when i bought it and then wondered why my face was on fire and looked like a lobster. oops. 

violalea

(0) Hearts

I am only planning to get a couple mini perfumes for this box cause I am all the way down the list, my number is #15. Since you are #1 and so pretty and are able get 12 mini perfumes, can you please leave me Chloe? I am dying to try that. But if you really love it too then no big deal cause you have first pick :smileyhappy:.

jaimelove

i have a handful of chloe vials, if that's good enough for you :smileyhappy: but if not, then i'll put your  name on this one :smileyhappy: it's the cutest, teensiest little baby bottle! 

violalea

[ Edited ]

Aw. If you could put my name on the mini, that would mean a lot to me. You are the best. Thanks jaimelove!!! :smileyhappy:

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

done! and i threw in one of the little vials for you, too. if you're anything like me you won't want to use the perfume in the minis! 

bambina2011

Can you please leave of the Gucci mini perfumes, if you don't mind? There were only 2, right? I've been wanting to try that perfume for a long time! :smileywink:

jaimelove

done! :smileyhappy:

bambina2011

(0) Hearts

Thank you!!!! :smileyhappy:

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

there are two different ones, i left you the magnolia! they both smell so good, the only way i could choose which one to keep was that gardenia is my favorite color- pink! 

bambina2011

(0) Hearts

Sounds good! Thank you! I really appreciate it!

jaimelove

yay! it's here :smileyhappy: saving all of my final decisions for tomorrow when my daughter is here, but i have a pretty good idea of what i'll be taking :smileywink: 

sorry, bambina, i took all of the makeup! 

jk, i only took i think 3 makeup items and left the rest for you :smileyhappy: i did grab one of each of the perfume minis though! and there're more items going in than i took out, but nothing so bulky as the perfume boxes so there's still plenty of room :smileyhappy: i also added a couple of givenchy mister light foils... they're 2 ml but a full size is only 1.5 ml and sells for $34. does that make sense to anyone else? lol. 

Missie772

(0) Hearts

I got a sample of the Givenchy Mister Light foil packet as well. I looked just looked at mine (I am traveling and chucked it in there). It is 2 ml!!! Is it a mistake that it is so much in there but the full size is 1.5 ml? Maybe it is supposed to say .2 ml?

jaimelove

ps: my boyfriend did the math for me (i can't math! and he's a mathematical genius) and those foils have $45.33 worth of product in them. holy cow. so basically people are paying for a $34 applicator lol. and it's one of those annoying clicky pens like the stila glosses it looks like! hopefully someone can use them, that's a pretty dang expensive free sample haha. 

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i don't think so... i opened one of mine up to swatch (too dark, bummer!) and set it down on a basket next to my couch. then my son dropped his bottle off of the couch and when i reached for it i rested my elbow on the sample and it squirted out all over my arm and the basket! definitely not .2 ml :smileyhappy: i was wondering if there was a mistake on the website where it says that full size is 1.5, but in some of the reviews people were complaining about how little there was in the pen. seems like their just charging for the applicator lol. someone should check it out next time they're in a sephora! i don't have a full size near me and sijcp doesn't carry givenchy. it's crazy that they would give away for free more than what they package and sell. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 717 replies
  • 532 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • kalex
    • dannyc
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • theramenlover
    • wendyomgwar