carrie1975

Sephora traveling box #2

[ Edited ]

IMG_20130822_230349_323.jpg

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we

edit(finally) the final list

1. jaimelove

2. bambina 2011

3,christydiane

4.wendyomgwar

5.kalex

6. Missie772

7, Poshified

8. DesertRose0706

9,nebel

10.lindaDD

11.qmgirl

12.viviene23

13.jellybean917

14.mafan

15.violalea

16.arielaaaaaa

17.rikkie

18.Aznangelliz

19.ggrace

20.dannyc

21.mollybb

22.theramenlover

23.spyski

24.Kiki1517

25.gtichick

26. carrie1975

Rules

-don't keep the box for more than a few days

-don't put in anything unsanitary

-send your address to the person above you

-try to place what you took with something as nice or nicer

-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them

-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left

-package things carefully and put things that could leak in ziplock bags

-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before

-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we can do the same rules as #1. So, who wants to get this beauty box first?

Melissa1112

Re: Sephora traveling box #2

(0) Hearts

How do you join a traveling box?

OhSailor

I live in Las Vegas and would love to donate to the cause. Where do I start?

Spyski

(0) Hearts

This box is closed love, but you can find other boxes for various causes around the thread. Just type "traveling box" in the search bar of Beauty Insider and I'm sure some current ones will be in there. However, if you want to donate straight to Shade Tree I'm sure they will happily accept any donations through their organization website.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

@gtichick, it's been close to an entire month now. Just wondering what happened to the box and if you STILL have it or not. I haven't heard anything about @carrie1975's condition. Is she ok, out of the hospital, etc??

gtichick

No word from carrie- I went through the box and chucked a lot of the obviously used lip/eye stuff and actually just bagged up the leftover stuff yesterday- I am moving at the end of the month and have a ton of clothes and stuff I am donating to our local service center and was planning on adding in this stuff. If Carrie resurfaces, I would be happy to send her some stuff she might like from my own stash, but I think its been close to 3 months since she logged in here.

mafan

I was just wondering about this last night, too.  I am glad that you went through things, pulled what can be donated and tossed the rest.

I really hope that carrie is okay.

I am sorry how this box (and the first one) deteriorated as they went along.  I think that some of the new guidelines have made some of the later boxes look better and I hope the things that are coming back in later boxes are in nicer shape.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Dang! I hope she's ok :smileysad:

Glad you threw out the nasties (super used stuff), anywho maybe you can send the box over to a local shelter/orginization in need. Hope your have a pleasant move, don't forget the doormat :smileytongue:

gtichick

Ok- The back was packed REALLY well with a lot of bubble wrap etc but it looks like we have 2 leaks- inside one bag that had a Smart Solutions color protector spray & a Pantene thickening treatment, and although everything is a little damp I believe what leaked OUTSIDE the bags was the Caudalie beauty elixir- it was in a bag with some cotton and some of those are wet, although not all of them. It was a heavy box and I am sure it got whacked around in shipping :smileysad: 

The good news is that everything else seems unharmed- all other items were in plastic bags so the only thing that got touched by wetness was stuff inside the bags with the things that leaked! I am going to go through tonight and figure out what I'm taking. I am going to the PO tomorrow but unless we have a firm answer on where to send this next, I won't bother re-boxing it all up tonight.  The box is pretty beat up and when I send it out again I'd like to get a new one.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Oh no LEAKS! Hope everything wasn't sobbing wet and like you said just got on a couple of things. If you don't hear back from Carrie1975 (I hope she's doing ok!) then maybe you can take a quick poll on here where to send it next? Personally, I don't have a preference on which shelter it goes to because all shleters are in need. 

gtichick

There are a couple really amazing local places near me- there is a battered womens/childrens shelter, a homeless shelter, and there is a place called WE CAN that is for all women going through tough times- I called them a few times when I got divorced and they were able to point me in the direction of places I might find apartments I could afford, and although I didn't need it they also offered to help me find a better job, and had a lot of clothing/make up items I could take too if I found a job I didn't have the wardrobe for. (Lucky for me I did a lot of shopping while married, lol.) They do a lot of support groups for divorce, loss of child/spouse etc.

I do want Carrie to get a chance to have things out of the box, too- so I don't mind holding on to it for a while to see if she comes back around. I found a few things I was interested in with my quick poke through yesterday but didn't end up bringing it inside from my car last night so I haven't figured out what I'm putting in yet. I'd like to give Carrie a pic of the potentials I have, and let her pick what she'd like, because honestly, although there were a lot of nice things in the box, there were also a lot of really clearly used/unsanitized things too:smileysad: I don't want to make a big deal out of it but I did mention it to someone else who had been earlier in this box, and they said they felt the same way when it got to them. Unfortunately from the thread the other day regarding TSB tips and rules this seems like a pretty normal thing once the box gets to the end.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I almost think another rule should be that the lipglosses with wands shouldn't be put in unless they have a plastic seal. I just can't bring myself to trust that it wasn't used as there is no way of sanitizing that kind of thing.

Spyski

Sounds like a plan! I didn't want to say anything about how heavily used some of the products were but I guess that's what we get for "trusting' others. Not sure if the Rouge boxes are better or not in terms of products not being used to a high degree, but was thinking about joining the bandwagon on the next Rouge box that goes around but maybe I'll wait it out til I can fill up my freebie stash again hehe. 

DTalksAll

Thank you! I was so disappointed in how crust & unsanitary a lot of the items are. It's disgusting & those people should be ashamed of themselves! 

gtichick

Its definitely kind of a bummer :smileysad: Sadly it seems like there have been a lot of box-related issues, but the trades/swaps seem to be going well!

gtichick

I felt reeeally bad saying anything, but I am glad it wasn't just me. I don't think anyone intentionally threw in yucky used things- I know in my last box I put in a bunch of stuff and then I was like Hmmm I have this drug store powder I used a few times that someone else might be able to use, and a drugstore lip thing I never touched, I bet other people will take it. And looking back I feel bad because it will probably end up that at the end, the kind of meh/drug store stuff people put in as extras might be all thats left for the person who started the box.

gtichick

Ok- got the bow. WOW. It was PACKED FULL. The mail lady gave me the DIRTIEST look because she had to carry it up 3 flights to my office and its HEAVY, lol. I only peeked inside real quick (you did tape the beejesus out of that thing, LOL) but two issues:

1. Something has leaked :smileysad: I am not sure what, I will have to go through it more closely once my boss leaves for the day (LOL) but it was definitely wet under the first layer of bags so hopefully nothing too serious.

2. I have not heard back from Carrie1975 about where to send it- It looks like her last post was a month ago and she said she had been in the hospital and just got out. I am not sure what to do- I figure we have a couple options- I can get her address from someone else on here and just send it, or I can hold on to it until I hear back. I dont know if anyone is in touch with her off board, but I would hate to send it and she is not there to get it for whatever reason. I am happy to hold on to it for a little bit until we hear from her- I go to the Post Office a few times a week for work so its never really an issue for me to get there within a few days.

Anyway- it is safely in my hands for now and I will definitely be going through it when I get home! I have to say the worst part about being so far down on the list is that I don't get to spy on the thread and see who got to take out what I put in :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Box is on it's way to gtichick, should be there Thursday :smileyhappy:

Tracking #: 9114901159818290818898

gtichick

ohhh this is exciting! I was not expecting anything fun this week, this is great!

Kiki1517

I could barely close the box, pretty sure people were staring at me in the PO like I was a crazy person lol! Hope you have scissors or a box cutter handy, I taped the crap out the thing since it could barely close.

Kiki1517

Got the box today woohoo. Not feeling so well, so this brightened my day a bit, I will have it back out tomorrow. I just stuck a bar through the middle, top is what I took out and bottom what I put back in.

rsz_img_0024.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 717 replies
  • 523 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • theramenlover