carrie1975

Sephora traveling box #2

[ Edited ]

IMG_20130822_230349_323.jpg

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we

edit(finally) the final list

1. jaimelove

2. bambina 2011

3,christydiane

4.wendyomgwar

5.kalex

6. Missie772

7, Poshified

8. DesertRose0706

9,nebel

10.lindaDD

11.qmgirl

12.viviene23

13.jellybean917

14.mafan

15.violalea

16.arielaaaaaa

17.rikkie

18.Aznangelliz

19.ggrace

20.dannyc

21.mollybb

22.theramenlover

23.spyski

24.Kiki1517

25.gtichick

26. carrie1975

Rules

-don't keep the box for more than a few days

-don't put in anything unsanitary

-send your address to the person above you

-try to place what you took with something as nice or nicer

-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them

-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left

-package things carefully and put things that could leak in ziplock bags

-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before

-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we can do the same rules as #1. So, who wants to get this beauty box first?

mafan

Re: Sephora traveling box #2

Okay, folks, I'm going to make a valiant effort at getting this together tonight.  I took out the VS Mist and some of the larger tubes appealed to me anyway.

if no one objects, I think I probably will take the perfume minis still on cards off of their cards and make that bag smaller, and possibly take things like POREfessional and Murad deluxe items out of their packaging to save some space.

I'm also going to take the Sephora (and Ulta if I'm right about there being some) skincare items out.  I have a friend who works closely with a shelter that is always looking for small basic need items for people who stay there, so I will at least take those out for charity.  There really isn't a lot of drugstore stuff in the box. 

I will put in what I promised and I think I can fit some other things, too.  I might combine the things people have put in for Violalea to save some space, too; I'll see what's needed.  I promise that all mini perfumes that I said I would put in the box will go in and they'll have a (removable) sticker that says who they're for.

For anyone after me, I would revise your thinking on what you're putting in to not include any large bottles/sprays.  You'll have a terrible time trying to fit them!

Cleansers might be the only thing that the box is a bit light on -- which means there are only 5 or 6 of them in there. :smileyhappy:  I think everyone who has the box coming later will have plenty there to entertain them.

p.s.  I read back through threads and saw I said I'd add some mini polishes.  I'll go looking for some dupes tonight, too. 

mafan

(0) Hearts

Getting rid of excess packaging is a huge help! It also made me go through the perfume samples and show me that there aren't enough women's samples so I will definitely augment that collection. 

I might combine all of the reserves together or I will put all of my minis together. I'll put a removable label on all of them wherever I put them. 

Off to remember who wanted what, play with mini nail polish, and stuff a NEW box. :smileyhappy:

mollybb

(0) Hearts

All of this sounds good to me!

violalea

(0) Hearts

Awesome! Sounds great. Thanks mafan!

mafan

Just so you know, unlike TSB1 there really aren't a lot of drugstore items, but there are Sephora/Ulta skincare items. I can try to judge what would be least wanted and take out some of the large amount of sample packets. Other than that, I guess I'll just add less than I would like and hope you can all take out more than you put in if needed. 

mafan

Okay, folks, I have a dilemma here. The box is really full. Even after taking out some larger tubes and a body spray, the box is really full. I can fit in the things that I promised to people and maybe some of what others wanted. But it certainly won't equal what I took out and everyone after me will face a similar problem. 

The thing is, I'm number 14 and there are 11 people after me. 

What do you want me to do?

1) I can add what I can fit, knowing it is less than what I took but is what I promised, and everyone else after me can face the same problem. 

2) I can guess what people really wanted from this box (or ask if you think something is there) and start a new box from here with what I have and I think might be most wanted and let that go along, and send the rest back to the beginning for donation. 

3) we can send two boxes around. One as full as I can make it and another one that might start at medium but would get to large soon. 

People have been really generous so I don't know what to do. If you say number  1 I would start another box. I would probably make this a "veterans" box since others are talking about boxes for the people who haven't had a chance to be in a box so I would let people who were on the end have a chance to be earlier first. And the list would be shorter because 25 people are too many when everyone is so generous.  I would not start until the new year since mailing will be crazy soon.

I really think I need to send this one SOMEWHERE either with less than it had before just to add what I promised in mini perfumes, etc, or to restart it. So let me know what to do  with the rest because everyone after me will face the same issues. 

Missie772

I know I am done with this box, but I always like to see how the box progresses as it goes from person to person! 

I don't think it is fair for you and everyone else later on to pay for 2 boxes.

Personally I think that you should take out a bunch of the drugstore/lower end items and multiples of the items to donate to your local women's shelter or whatever and then just send the box as you would normally. I know Kalex did it and no one had a problem with it!

mafan

Just so that it's clear, I do think I can play packing Tetris and fit what I promised and a few things more, but everyone else will have to take our things that might be of more value (and I think I have taken more than I put in.). I just don't want people unhappy that I took too much as the box is very full. 

Having my husband watch and say "that's crazy, just start a new box" does not help. :smileyhappy:

rikkie

I think removing some of the lower end items to donate locally is a good solution if you wanted to do something like that. I also think we all want to share as much as possible and no one wants any drama over anyone taking too much, but the box is only physically so big. I wouldn't worry about exact 1:1 value/number of items, as long as it's not wildly out of whack, like taking a whole ton of full sized items and putting in a handful of samples. I trust your judgement. :smileyhappy: 

AznAngelLiz

I was just thinking how awesome it would be to have a meet-up with fellow BTers. Have any of y'all set one up before or was a part of one?

glossyguru

It WOULD be awesome to meet everyone here on BT in real life

jellybean917

Okay, mafan has the box! We were able to meet up today and had a great time! We had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory (yum!) and, of course, played at Sephora. We were at the Sephora she goes to a lot, and the employees recognized her :smileyhappy: It's so much fun playing with makeup with someone who loves it and is clearly so knowledgeable! We exchanged the box from my car afterward, but I couldn't remember where I parked...embarrassing! But mafan was super nice about it. A true, kind BTer!

mafan

It was so much fun to meet up in person. I definitely recommend it. The only problem is that jellybean917 cheated. She didn't have to mail the box so she didn't have to worry about getting it closed. I hope I find lots of big goodies in here because just the things I said I'd try to put in will need some space!

Everything seems to be well labeled and it doesn't seem to have too much drugstore stuff in the box. If you were sending anything to someone other than violalea, let me know ASAP as a quick glance didn't show any other labels (except for me. Thanks vivienne and jellybean917!)

I'll let you know what I put in later. If I'm lucky I'll get it out tomorrow since I have another package to mail. Definitely by Tuesday. 

P.s. jellybean917, as I went down in the garage elevator I was with someone who had been wandering the other level looking for her car. You are not alone. :smileywink:

viviene23

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Sounds like both of you had so much fun!

Playing around in sephora together must have been a blast.

How did you like the scent of the mini? I thought that if it is not to your preference, at least you have a cute mini bottle to add to your collection :-).

It took me about half an hour trying to fit everything in that box so I feel your pain about the packing. My vote goes to either choice #2 or what Missie suggested but since i'm done with my turn...it probably doesn't count :smileytongue:

violalea

I am so so excited now. I think I will probably get the box on Thursday or Friday. Yay! Happy dance! :smileywink:

violalea

Glad you guys had fun. Wish I could have joined you two :smileywink:!

mafan

Come to Boston and we'll take you out!  We definitely need a meetup in the area at some point. 

violalea

OMG one day trust me. I have never been to Boston and I would love to go there one day. Till then :smileywink:.

jellybean917

So here's a list of what I took out:

PTR Mega Rich Shampoo & Conditioner

Philosophy Firming Body Emulsion

PTR Mega Rich Body Lotion

Ulta Eyeshadow in Wildflower

VS Very Sexy Lashes Mascara

St Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion

TokyoMilk Dark Lip Balm

Rimmel Kate 101

Lancome Juicy Tubes in Fruity Pop

Tarte Rise & Shine n Pink

Shiseido Ultimate SPF 50

Lancome Absolue Powder

3 sample perfume vials

5 sample packets

And what I put in is in the picture. Let me know if there are any questions or if you want me to list everything.

tsb 2.jpg

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Oh i'm so liking the items you added. I can't wait till it comes to me! It's so close! :smileyvery-happy:

viviene23

2nd update:

The box was picked up today :-)

jellybean917...expect the box on tuesday 11/12/2013.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 717 replies
  • 523 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • theramenlover
    • wendyomgwar