carrie1975

Sephora traveling box #2

[ Edited ]

IMG_20130822_230349_323.jpg

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we

edit(finally) the final list

1. jaimelove

2. bambina 2011

3,christydiane

4.wendyomgwar

5.kalex

6. Missie772

7, Poshified

8. DesertRose0706

9,nebel

10.lindaDD

11.qmgirl

12.viviene23

13.jellybean917

14.mafan

15.violalea

16.arielaaaaaa

17.rikkie

18.Aznangelliz

19.ggrace

20.dannyc

21.mollybb

22.theramenlover

23.spyski

24.Kiki1517

25.gtichick

26. carrie1975

Rules

-don't keep the box for more than a few days

-don't put in anything unsanitary

-send your address to the person above you

-try to place what you took with something as nice or nicer

-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them

-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left

-package things carefully and put things that could leak in ziplock bags

-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before

-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we can do the same rules as #1. So, who wants to get this beauty box first?

Missie772

Re: Sephora traveling box #2

(0) Hearts

I will enjoy my new haul! Thanks! I am super excited! Sorry for the confusion on the posts. Poshified explained how to upload photos from my iPhone and it was the first time doing it! Now I know how to upload photos! YAY!!!

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

I'm not seeing the post of what you took. Is it there for you to see?

Missie772

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Do you see the photo and the list of what I took out of the box now? It is in the post right above this one. Oh man, why isn't the photo showing up?

Missie772

Samples I added:

And some Asian beauty samples as well:

Missie772

I checked and the box has been delivered to my apartment!!! YAY! But I live in a high rise apartment and it takes a bit for me to get my boxes.

I may not get it until later today or tomorrow. Once a package has been delivered, it needs be logged into a package log, then a post card is filled out and put into our mailbox. And then and ONLY THEN we can go and pick it up! (It varies on how long it will take the doorman and mail person to do the entire process- it depends on how many packages are delivered that day).

The sad part is that sometimes I see a Sephora box sitting in the mail room (which is mine 90% of the time) and I want to take it right away, but rules are rules. I cannot take a box until ALL the steps are done! I will check the box later today. If not, it will be in my hands first thing tomorrow morning!!!

mafan

(0) Hearts

Sounds reasonable to me. I don't know much about the Estee Lauder Day Wear Plus but it sounds like something that might interest me if it's still there when the box gets to me.  It's just that I'm a fair bit down the list and I am not going to start reserving items and space like that. But it sounds worth keeping, and I'm sure the other things will be appreciated where you donate them. 

It sounds like the box is still jam packed with good things for people to choose.  I guess we better be careful about putting anything too big in if we don't know someone will take it out again soon.  This is a really generous group here.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I think 2 days is a reasonable time to wait for replies on the items coming out of the box.  Everything previously mentioned except the Estee Lauder Day Wear Plus will be getting donated.  

I'll get the box out later today!

kalex

(0) Hearts

I'm going to message a handful of the gals on the list behind me and make sure they take a look at what's going before I drop it off.

kalex

The large bag of items on the left is going to my local Open Door Mission's Lydia House.  It's deodorant, ELF, and other generic brands so Carrie and I both assumed it was meant for donation.  Are those the items you put in Jamielove?

Besides the Sephora Artist Box already mentioned, some of the larger items are:

Clairol Repair Conditioner (8.4oz)

CK Eternity Lotion (3.4oz)

Kale Naturals Daily Face Lotion (3.4oz)

Estee Lauder Day Wear Plus (1.7oz) jar

Playboy Play It Rock Perfume (1 oz)

3 Physicians Formula Bronzers

If anyone further down the list wants any of these let me know and I'll keep them in!

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

yes, some of those were the donation items i put in, i don't think i put them all in though, looks like people have added to it :smileyhappy: 

christydiane

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The Estee Lauder is about a $50+ jar!

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

I've instructed her and anyone else with this problem in the future to not be afraid to take out as much as you put in. Donate it locally if you have to but let's not squish things in to fit. I don't think anyone is keeping an exact account of what people take and put in the box. I believe the big Sephora artist box set is still in there. If nobody wants it then it can be donated locally. Speak now, it its gone cause it takes up a lot of room. Use your best judgment on items to keep out to donate.

kalex

I cannot fit everything back in the box.  If I un-bubblewrap some things I could make more room I suppose.  Unfortunately I didn't want any of the larger things and with adding extra packaging for the breakables a lot of things aren't going to fit.  I'll pm Carrie and find out what she wants me to do!20130923_141026.jpg

mafan

What's in the box that's really large? Maybe if someone wants it/them it could be sent directly?  I know I'd be happy to do that for something I'd use.  Or if it's something that's just going to travel around and not be claimed then maybe it could be donated locally?

I guess this is a note that maybe we should check before adding anything really big that someone will claim it soon and definitely not be shy about taking out bigger things so that there's room to add more stuff.  (I swear I have a bag big enough to fill that box; I'll definitely have to check what someone wants if anything is big when it gets to me.)

I do agree, it's more important to well package anything breakable or just remove it than to remove packaging and have a disaster on someone's hands.  Hopefully Carrie has a good idea.

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i put some larger items in for the donation, so if those need to come out and be donated locally i have no issue with that whatsoever :smileyhappy: i was first for the box so there was quite a bit of room for it at the time! 

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I think it's my fault some of the stuff leaked :smileysad:

I took out some of the wrapping to try and make everything fit. I'm really sorry guys!!

kalex

(0) Hearts

Ok, here's what I took out:

20130923_135218.jpg

Handful of samples

Boscia Black Mask

Sephora OPI NP

Julep NP

Sugar Lip Treatment Mini

Victoria's Secret Mascara Mini

Yellow Diamond Perfume Mini

Balenciaga Perfume Mini

and of course the leaky Julep Nail Drops.

wendyomgwar

Yaaaay I put in the Boscia black stuff for you thinking you'd realize I put it in there for you lol. I don't think I mentioned it, opps. 

kalex

You didn't!  I was pretty excited when I saw it though!  I've been wanting to try the black mask for ages.

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I remember you said that you wanted those nose pore strip things! And I had two that I knew I wasn't going to use. 

kalex

[ Edited ]

And what I put back in:

20130923_135240.jpg

About a dozen samples

Lavanilla Lip Gloss (new sealed)

Exude Lip Stick (swatched)

Bobbi Brown "Porcelain" Foundation Mini (used 1x)

Malin & Goetz Travel Shower Gel (new)

Tarte "Fair" Primer (used 1x)

Borghese Mask (new)

Clarins Exfoliating Cleanser (new)

Bare Minerals Foundation and Mini Buki (new)

and for the mini perfume collectors -

3 EA "Diamond" Minis

Chloe

Chloe Narcisse

EA Red Door

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 717 replies
  • 532 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • kalex