carrie1975

Sephora traveling box #2

[ Edited ]

IMG_20130822_230349_323.jpg

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we

edit(finally) the final list

1. jaimelove

2. bambina 2011

3,christydiane

4.wendyomgwar

5.kalex

6. Missie772

7, Poshified

8. DesertRose0706

9,nebel

10.lindaDD

11.qmgirl

12.viviene23

13.jellybean917

14.mafan

15.violalea

16.arielaaaaaa

17.rikkie

18.Aznangelliz

19.ggrace

20.dannyc

21.mollybb

22.theramenlover

23.spyski

24.Kiki1517

25.gtichick

26. carrie1975

Rules

-don't keep the box for more than a few days

-don't put in anything unsanitary

-send your address to the person above you

-try to place what you took with something as nice or nicer

-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them

-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left

-package things carefully and put things that could leak in ziplock bags

-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before

-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

edit: whatever is left over will go to Shade Tree in Las Vegas, Nv. They take in victims of domestic violence including children. If there is  something you would like to donate specifically to them, I will have a separate bag you can put things in that will be of limits to swapping.

Here it is! I will be adding more before I mail it to the first person. I don't know how to go about making the list 

so if someone can help, I would appreciate it. Most of the samples in the box are deluxe so please swap with a like item.  Add what you want just nothing gross or used too much. I guess we can do the same rules as #1. So, who wants to get this beauty box first?

kimchikween

Re: Sephora traveling box #2

Though not as great as free samples, they are offering 2 trial size sets on their website for foundation and skincare.

Missie772

Thanks for the tip kimchikween!!

I just realized that your name was kimchi queen.... I LOVE KIMCHI!!! Amazing name! :smileyhappy:

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i got my email within a day or so i think... ugh. that would be frustrating! there are some that i haven't heard back from too, and some that said they were sending samples but never did >< while others have already received samples from them! so frustrating haha

bambina2011

(0) Hearts

I asked for a sample of their cleansing water and they said they will send it to me. I'm not sure how big will be and if they will add some extra samples, but if I get them before I mail the box I wil share them with you. As a suggestion, be specific regarding the item you want to try. I really wanted to try the cleansing water so I just asked for that. Not sure if will make a difference but it worked for me! :smileywink:

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I think I will wait a bit longer. It has ONLY been 18 days since my last email... I am interested in the cleansing water, the spa gel, and the massage milk. I should specify that next time (If I do contact them again). Three emails is pretty excessive already! Lol....

jaimelove

[ Edited ]

after some drama with her dad, carli is FINALLY home! and she's home for good now, except her dad's weekends. no more full weeks away! yay :smileyhappy: 

so we have narrowed it down, and hopefully steve will get the box out to bambina tomorrow, though if not then, saturday for sure :smileyhappy: 

here is the final list:

taking: 

lm tinted moisturizer 

stila one step primecolor

bm (that always makes me giggle. i'm a 12 year old boy) moxie

body shop baked shadow duo

larenim loose shadow

nars orgasm mini

nars lip crayon mini + nars satchel

sephora highlighting compact powder

hk polishes x3

oh truth serum

loverdose mini

flowerbomb mini

miss dior mini

bright crystal mini

crystal noir mini

gucci flora gorgeous magnolia mini

~20 foils

adding:

everything i posted before, plus 

coverfx primer

reserved flowerbomb vial for wendyomgwar

reserved chloe mini and chloe vial for violalea

a few extra foils and perfume vials

i'm also throwing in a few items for the donation :smileyhappy: 

bambina2011

(0) Hearts

Yay! Can't wait for the box to arrive. Let me know when you ship it! :smileyhappy:

JGSFLA

This is a nice idea..i am a social worker and would suggest though..instead say of donating a sephora cream donate 10 generic ones..this is about quantity not quality when dealing with population..to serve as many people as possible with daily ESSENTIALS!

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

@JGSFLA I understand where you're coming from & I always encourage people to donate items to women's shelters. The thing with these boxes is that it's for us to share our stash. Get rid of our unwanted/unused items & swap them out for new things. Whatever is left over goes to the women's shelters. In the past people where using the left overs to start a new box, but it's usually the same 10 people who participate so the unwanted items are just that... unwanted. So while I make monthly donations of multiple lotions, shampoo, lipstick... this is a nice little treat for them. 

Esdee

Everything's purchased already; this is a way for folks to share the things they aren't using, and the leftovers are getting donated.  There's really not a way to exchange a Sephora product for generic ones in this instance.  :smileyhappy:

mafan

I agree, don't get too hung up on samples.  If you see things you think you would use, take them.  Trust me, I'm sure some of us will have plenty to add back in again if the supply gets low!

I think nebel has it right -- just try to be fair with the value of your exchange but don't get too hung up.  I don't think any of us would take out several high end blushes and put in a couple of $2 nail polishes or something.  (Not that I have a problem with $2 nail polish -- I'm wearing one right now that I was happy to get on sale for $1.50 and I'm not passing it along!) 

I figure if we're fair and don't take all of a certain type of thing (unless there are only one or two, of course) without adding back something similar, don't send things that aren't sanitary or no one will want, and try to add back in things of a similar or better value, the box will have lots of nice goodies for the next person.  Anything more would probably just drive you nuts!

DTalksAll

I wouldn't get too hung up on foil samples. Sure sometimes they have a great value, but it's still a foil. I have so many foils that I never end up using...I rather people just take as many as they want & not worry about replacing them. I think you should worry about the value of deluxe & full size more. That's just my take though 

bambina2011

(0) Hearts

@violalea...thanks for clarifying!!!...I guess I'm obsessing too much about the rules and the value of the stuff we would take/ put back into the box! :smileyhappy:

bambina2011

(0) Hearts

@mafan...well, maybe you're right! This is my first Sephora traveling box and I thought the rule was to put in stuff of equal or higher value of the stuff you're taking out. But of course, with the sample packets is harder to determine the value. If that's the case maybe I'll take one foil if the shade is different than the one I'm getting from Sephora.

bambina2011

(0) Hearts

Wow!! $45.33 for foils of the Givenchy mister light? Yikes!!! I'm definitely won't take those samples! I don't want to have to put back $45.33 worth of products into the box just for foils!!! LOL. Besides that I placed a Sephora order yesterday and I'm getting a sample of the Givenchy mister light for FREE! Yay!!!! :smileyhappy:

mafan

Hmm, I was basically thinking foils were foils, and we would swap one for one or so on those.  I couldn't begin to figure out how much each one is worth (and the worth to each person is different, of course).  Those packets just don't keep that long.

I do think the value on this one is funny, though.  I know I have a packet around but I think it might be too dark for me, too.  I should either try it out or make sure it gets into a box.

nebel

I'm with you.. there is no way I'm going to sit and calculate the exact value of all my foils (or anything else for that matter)!!! I'm just going to do my very best effort to be fair and reasonable with what I put in vs take out and trust others to do the same!

violalea

[ Edited ]

Yeah to me a foil package sample is a foil package sample haha not worth much. I think they made a mistake printing. It cant be that expensive. You could totally replace it with another foil sample.

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

yeah i was thinking just foil for foil :smileywink: just thought i'd share the crazy value with you guys :smileyhappy: 

wendyomgwar

I was hoping to get one of the V&R minis I like the scent but I'm never sure if I like enough to buy a full size lol. I would love if it was still in when the box reached me, but no hard feelings if its not I totally understand! Also, I'm adding in some roller ball perfumes so there will still be some perfume in there for you gals further down! Hopefully I can makeup for some of Jamie's damage :smileywink:

jaimelove

if the other flowerbomb mini doesn't make it to you, i have a sample vial i can put in with your name on it if you like :smileyhappy: it's my favorite, so i have a couple of the samples to use up before i touch my bottle :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 717 replies
  • 532 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • theramenlover
    • wendyomgwar